Weekly BF

Emblems not showing up.

JTBONEMAN
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I was wondering why the emblems that I created are not showing up in game? I click on the one I want, then hit Use but no workie. It used to work fine but now we just have country flags.

Comments

• StarbyteLovesYou
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2016
    ---snip---
  • ImUrFriend
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you noticed, everyone in any server you play don't have their emblems showed up! I wonder what's going on?
  • TrueEmissary
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    At least i would like to know if they are aware of the problem and intend to do still something for BF4. I wouldn't be surprised to read: "You wanna have emblems? Buy BF1". :/
  • Kallizzy
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    JTBONEMAN wrote: »
    I was wondering why the emblems that I created are not showing up in game? I click on the one I want, then hit Use but no workie. It used to work fine but now we just have country flags.

after the poodlecorp attack, the stability of bf4 has gone awire, some data corruption might be involved in this.
  • WeSLeY_EsTeVeSs
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I think the main change they should make, not counting comalguns balancing is tidy up the minimap ****, or they poen to the enemy be detected on the minimap or take him instead of the game, it ta very ugly! I hope that Pack!
  • Killua_Zorudikku
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    ToM666-uk wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I've just started playing BF4 again after a protracted period of playing the BF1 Beta.

Since returning to the game I have noticed the Platoon emblem no longer works?

By that I mean it doesn't show on the uniforms, vehicles or weapons.

I have checked and it is still set to use the platoon emblem and signature.

I was also taking a look at the BF4 cinematics tool yesterday on our private server with a view to using in my film making.
    Not sure if that has caused the problem in some way?

Anybody else had experience of this problem?

Thanks

Tom.

i had to quote this guy from the closed thread, serious, the mod closed the thread just because the caps and didnt post a solution to the problem, alobs, i have the same problem.
  • ToM666-uk
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ElChakan wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I've just started playing BF4 again after a protracted period of playing the BF1 Beta.

Since returning to the game I have noticed the Platoon emblem no longer works?

By that I mean it doesn't show on the uniforms, vehicles or weapons.

I have checked and it is still set to use the platoon emblem and signature.

I was also taking a look at the BF4 cinematics tool yesterday on our private server with a view to using in my film making.
    Not sure if that has caused the problem in some way?

Anybody else had experience of this problem?

Thanks

Tom.

i had to quote this guy from the closed thread, serious, the mod closed the thread just because the caps and didnt post a solution to the problem, alobs, i have the same problem.

Thanks for that mate. I'd restarted the thread without caps then noticed this one so I'll go and see if I can delete the new thread.

I don't understand what the deal is with not being able to use all caps anyway. Seems an odd rule to have??
  • xSlemhix
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seems an odd rule to have??
    Agreed.

Maybe because it attracts unnecessary attention? Big caps distracting? I dont know.

I think the point of the thread eg. Tech Support related are suppose to attract attention for people to help out in the first place and give possible answers. A thread with no responders is a dead thread and so attention is needed. So yeah it is a pretty pointless rule.

• SisterTHB
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Ya I was apart of that closed ALL CAPS thread.. I have been searching all day to find an answer to this dilemma! still nothing! Who do I gotta call?.. gimme a number, I'm dialing it now!! You all need your emblems!
  • ValenceChk
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Back to the topic please? Same thing happens to me. Neither my emblem or other people's emblems show up.
  • SisterTHB
    OK ALL.. I spent most of yesterday going from server to server and investigating this issue. I found out a few things.
    1. I wanted to eliminate that it was just ME having the issue, so from reading here I see that it isn't
    2. I wanted to make sure that while in game it was both sides having the same issue, it is
    3. I wanted to also make sure it wasn't a setting inside the server. It is not
    4. I wanted to see if it was only happening to those who recently downloaded and played the new Beta of Battlefield 1. This seemed the most likely to me, but from what I am seeing that it is happening to people who have and have not downloaded or played BF1
    5. I wanted to make sure this is an issue across the board and not to just a few of you fine players. Well it seems that it is happening to most of us if not all.

So I went into server after server all random, ones I have been in and those I have never been in, this way I eliminate any issues with cookies.
    I asked everyone if they had emblems working, and if they had heard any news of it. I found out that a lot of people are actually pretty PO'd about this. After all it is apart of a game that we all shelled out hard earn cash for, that now is not working.

So this morning I went directly to EA and asked...as expected I got no where, but atleast now I have a case number that I can continue to bug them about.
    Hey, I am a graphic artist, and I kinda dig being able to make these stupid little things and seeing the ones I have made for people show up in the game!
    I will get to the bottom of this! lol

below is my chat with EA

Noemi: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Noemi. How may I assist you today?
    you: Hi Noemi
    Noemi: Hello
    Noemi: How are you?
    you: can you tell me why the people in Battlefield 4 have lost the EMBLEMS?
    you: they are apart of the game and now no longer show in game
    Noemi: let me go ahead and check updates on Battlefield 4
    Noemi: Before we continue, may you please provide me your first name, and your email address?
    you: Sister
    you: xxxxxxxxxx
    Noemi: Sister, Thank you for providing your account.
    Noemi: Give me 3-5 minutes for the updates, thank you
    you: ok thank you
    Noemi: Thank you for patiently waiting, Sorry for the long wait
    you: its ok
    Noemi: Are you now log in on your Battlelog?
    you: yes
    Noemi: Thank you for your understanding
    Noemi: Everytime you try to click Customize Emblem what do you see?
    you: my emblem page
    Noemi: Great! at the top there is add , right?
    Noemi: All your Emblems still showing?
    Noemi: Alright, main concern for your opponents on the game you're unable to see their Emblems?
    Noemi: Or some part of the game Emblems are not available?
    you: anyone who is in game can no longer see any of the emblems
    you: this is a recent developement that is happening acrossed the BF4 community
    Noemi: So meaning its not only your account encounter this issue?
    Noemi: Have you try to ask your friends about this?
    you: no not just me at all... it is across the board
    you: yes I have asked
    you: I spent all day yesterday visiting a bunch of random servers
    you: asking if anyone had emblems
    you: none did
    you: in its place is the stock flag
    Noemi: If that is the case, I will ask you Sister to update graphics card of your PC, I believe this is just a graphical issue on your PC.
    Noemi: After updating the graphics card if still same issue , I encourage you to post this issue on our forums, so that our In game management will be aware and we can identify of players affected about this.
    Noemi: As of the moment Studio is closed
    you: wait
    you: you are not following me
    Noemi: I try to reach them but no answer.
    you: ok hold up
    Noemi: Sorry
    you: this isnt a 'me' issue.... I have a new card.. this is a BF4 issue.. every single player in BF4 has lost the use of the emblems.. not just me
    you: I have read post after post on the BF4 forums about people complaining about this
    you: we are just looking for an answer
    you: did EA turn of the use of emblems?
    you: is it a bug since BF1 was released?
    you: any ideas?
    you: this cant be the first you all are hearing of this
    you: I am seeing postings going back to 9/1
    you: one day they were there and the next they were gone
    you: everyone is asking
    Noemi: I understand, I love to answer all your question but Studio are closed because its weekend,this is the first time I heard about this game issue on Battlefield 4,that Emblems are disabled.
    Noemi: Kindly contact us again tomorrow, I noted here all your provided information about the game.
    you: has anyone else over there heard of this?
    Noemi: Please contact us back tomorrow Sister .I cant answer all your concern today on Battlefield 4
    info: Your chat transcript will be sent to xxxxxxxxx at the end of your chat session.
  • ToM666-uk
    edited September 2016
    SisterTHB wrote: »
    OK ALL.. I spent most of yesterday going from server to server and investigating this issue. I found out a few things.
    1. I wanted to eliminate that it was just ME having the issue, so from reading here I see that it isn't
    2. I wanted to make ..................................

[body of text removed to save space, see previous post for details]

I cant answer all your concern today on Battlefield 4
    info: Your chat transcript will be sent to xxxxxxxxx at the end of your chat session.[/i]

Nice one mate and Kudos for keeping your cool and the research you have put into this.

It is outragous that the customer service person Naemi, clearly wasn't paying full attention to what you were saying and there is absolutley no reason why your GPU would affect your computers ability to communicate with the master servers.

This is clearly a bug related to the process whereby your machine requests and transmits the data on your opponents emblems and your emblems respectively.

It is clearly a global issue and therefore potentially related to one of the recent updates.

I notice Xbox had an update recently giving their BF4 UI the same look as the BF1 UI?

Maybe they are developing something along those lines for PC and the new UI doesn't lend itself to emblem use?

It's all pure guess work on my part and it would be far simpler if EA communicated back to us. Even if it was just to say message recieved we are looking into it and at this point there is nothing you can do as it is a problem with the back end of the system.
  • Killua_Zorudikku
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    nice one, i have the same problem, i did make an emblem for bf1 beta, but then i noticed the warnning, that the emblems for BF1 beta are disabled, maybe it some how affected the bf4 emblems.
  • RNATheRock
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Please contact them tomorrow I wanna see my emblems again =(
  • SisterTHB
    Thanks all. I will contact them in the morning and post here what is said!
    Keep checking back
    Sister
  • TrueEmissary
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Must be.................."driver issues". That cracked me up. Always these darn drivers.....XD

Thx dude, but ElChakan guessed it probably right. They are trieing to merge BF1, BF4, HL, etc. battlelog or UI stuff together and it's gone haywired.
  • SisterTHB
    Ok all.. the latest saga! I am not giving up!.... I guess I better get Twitter!

Coleen: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Coleen. How may I assist you today?
    you: can you tell me how my case is going?
    you: case number 25526356
    Coleen: Hi there. May I have your name please so I will be able to address you properly?
    you: Sister
    you: still with me?
    Coleen: Thank you Sister
    Coleen: May I know what seems to be the issue?
    you: I need you to look into my case please
    you: case number 25526356
    you: I would like to know what is going on to correct the problems
    Coleen: Thank you for that information.
    Coleen: May I have the email address associated on your origin account please?
    you: xxxxxxxxx
    Coleen: As per checking on your account, it seems that you are having an issue with your battlefield 4 game?
    you: yes, were you able to read the case?
    Coleen: Yes, seems like you are having an issue with Emblems
    you: yes, not just me, it is game wide..everyone who is playing BF4, no longer has emblems
    you: I talked to a tech from there yesterday and I was told to contact today
    you: I was told you could get a hold of the studio and find out what is going on
    Coleen: Oh okay. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
    Coleen: Let me check that for you
    you: I appreciate that
    Coleen: One moment please
    Coleen: Thank you for patiently waiting
    you: not a problem
    Coleen: As per checking here, it seems that Emblems are still available on BF4
    Coleen: These are all the Emblems available on BF4 http://www.bf4-emblems.com/ :slightly_smiling_face:
    Coleen: :)
    you: We can still make emblems, they are not showing up in game though
    Coleen: Oh okay, sorry for that.
    Coleen: One moment please
    you: no problem.. let me explain what is going on.
    you: We all have the editor still working perfectly, we can add and save emblems, but they do not show up while playing the game anymore. In their place is the stock team flags
    you: this was first noticed a few weeks ago, and is still going on today
    Coleen: I understand that
    you: perfect!
    you: how do we get them back?
    you: did you all turn them off?
    you: is it a bug due to the release of the BF1 Beta?
    you: we just want to get them back
    you: any ideas?
    Coleen: Hold on please while we are still checking on this :)
    you: thank you so much
    Coleen: Thank you for patiently waiting.
    you: no problem
    Coleen: From reading the link I sent to you earlier, it seems that you need to import the emblems first before using them. :)
    Coleen: We would also appreciate if you will post it to our forums so other players and the Studio can loon into the issue.
    you: you are not following what is going on
    you: the emblems worked, the ones we made in the BF4 emblem editor that is provided in the game. We use the ones we make, they have always worked. Now all of the sudden they have stopped working
    you: I have posted in the forum already, and a lot of people are having this same issue. So the Studio should be aware of this issue
    Coleen: Okay, sorry for that. I do apologize as the game play is beyond of our control.
    you: what do you mean beyond your control? its your game
    you: is there a different person I should be talking too?
    Coleen: Did you try to delete the emblem and re-import it again on the game?
    you: yes, but that doesn't effect the fact that it is everyone having the same issue
    you: the issue isn't with me, my game or my system
    you: no one who is playing has emblems
    Coleen: I understand that, no worries our studio is working on this and you can follow us on our official twitter account for further updates.
    you: really? this is where this is being left off? Is that the best place to contact them is on Twitter?
    you: or do you have a number for the Studio that I can contact them at
    Coleen: I am sorry for that.
    Coleen: You don't need to worry because the studio will be able to read our chat transcript and I am going to notate everything here
    you: thank you
    Coleen: You are always welcome.
    info: Your chat transcript will be sent to xxxxxxx at the end of your chat session.
    Coleen: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    you: ya, fix our emblems!
    Coleen: Thank you for contacting EA, you can end the session by clicking on the end chat button.
  • SisterTHB
    I have also posted in the EA Help section. Some people are saying its a bug that came with the Battlefield 1 beta and origin launcher update. Most likely something that will be fixed if enough people yell at them to fix it. let anyone you know to send a ticket and report it . Couldn't hurt!
  • ToM666-uk
    edited September 2016
    *removed as this is inappropriate*
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • SisterTHB
    AGREED!!!!!