Weekly Debrief

Emblems not showing up.

Comments

• Kallizzy
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    we all know this will be forgotten by DICE, every single thing they do with BF4 only makes it worse and i fear that fixing the emblems will bring 20 bugs instead
  • SisterTHB
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Oh Lord, Lets hope not!

The thing that bugs me the most is the lack of information known or given. Silence on their part is a great way for me to not purchase BF1. They have to know this is an issue!
  • RNATheRock
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    LOL i loved this part the most in this latest post.
    "Coleen: Okay, sorry for that. I do apologize as the game play is beyond of our control.
    you: what do you mean beyond your control? its your game"
    That freaking broke me
  • ToM666-uk
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RNATheRock wrote: »
    LOL i loved this part the most in this latest post.
    "Coleen: Okay, sorry for that. I do apologize as the game play is beyond of our control.
    you: what do you mean beyond your control? its your game"
    That freaking broke me

Yeh, that made me smile too.
  • Kallizzy
    wasn't that because the studio that's now working on bf4 is DICE LA ?

• SisterTHB
    Kallizzy wrote: »

Oh I'm sure they all have their hands in this!
  • ImUrFriend
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    "I do apologize as the game play is beyond of our control."
    So BF4 is controlling the devs or something? haha That's awesome bro for sharing the entire chat session with the EA assist.
    Yeah, I got a feeling too that the BF1 Beta is causing BF4 emblem not to show up. I would love to see my lovely emblems to show up again. Took me hours and hours of small touch ups to make a perfect looking emblem for me! pls DICE.
  • Buzz_Lighter_1
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    Just reading those transcripts hurt. Thanks for posting it though, and for keeping your cool, Sis! =)
    And I've just made a case on HELP.EA.
  • HVX1-GaMeR
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Lol, DICE LA isn't working on bf4 anymore.
    They stopped working at shanghai and golmud in night too after more than year of making it with BF4 CTE community!
    also they forgot the bugs list at bf4 cte reddit......
  • Buzz_Lighter_1
    This is actually not EVERYONE'S problem. Some guys on servers say their emblems work fine. I think this has to do with those who played (or at least downloaded in origin) the BF1 beta.
  • TrueEmissary
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    This is actually not EVERYONE'S problem. Some guys on servers say their emblems work fine. I think this has to do with those who played (or at least downloaded in origin) the BF1 beta.

Probably, in another thread someone allready said, he is still seeing his emblem.
    But i haven't participated in any form with the BF1 beta, so it couldn't be related only to that.
  • Kallizzy

Probably, in another thread someone allready said, he is still seeing his emblem.
    But i haven't participated in any form with the BF1 beta, so it couldn't be related only to that.

reinstalling the game looks like the only option i see.
  • ImUrFriend
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    On the other news, the pings on the server browser is back up and works fine!
  • TrueEmissary
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2016

reinstalling the game looks like the only option i see.

Has been allready tried without success, and unless it's confirmed that's working, i REALLY don't want to download 60 Gigs with my shabby connection again.

• roflzord
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yeah I also seem to be getting this problem. This problem used to happen a lot for me a while ago, though, it would be network related as I had a dodgy router a few months back where port 80 would stop working until I gave the router a reboot. All of my web traffic would die as expected, however game connections and other connections aside from port 80 would still function. When this occurred, I could play, but my emblem and everyone elses would all go back to the default stock flags. I don't know if this could be linked to anything that they may have broken with regards to an update and data connections to Battlelog when calling the emblem data, but I figured I'd share it just in case, food for thought and all that.

I too, never downloaded or participated in the BF1 beta and I'm certain my emblem was working before the launch of the beta, and since the beta dropped, it hasn't shown up at all. I guess it would be an idea to collect some info about those who have played the beta and those who didn't and see if any correlation appears between those whose emblems are working, and those whose are not.
  • GeneralSexyWolf
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I also never touched the BF1 Beta. For a second earlier I thought emblems were enabled in Air Superiority, but I was wrong as they show different emblem things depending on the vehicle you're in. Idk, this seems like a simple "flip of a switch" kind of deal, not some bug related to servers for another game.
  • SisterTHB
    Hey all, I'm on vacation right now in sunny PV Mexico , but I wanted to check in to see if any new news on this crap has changed, Doesn't look like it !!
    Buzz thanks for starting a ticket with EA as well. I do think this may have something with the latest origin update.
    I'll keep checking in and am gonna see if EA has done any more on this
    See ya all soon
    Sister
  • Buzz_Lighter_1
    My ticket was closed in less than 24 hours. No explanation, no nothing.
    Otherwise :
    1) Whoever fixed this simply by reinstalling please confirm.
    2) Does settings (controls, graphics) get reset after reinstall?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13065 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    2) Does settings (controls, graphics) get reset after reinstall?

Settings will only reset if you delete the BF4 folder from within your documents folder.. So don't delete that folder and the game configuration will be as you had it set up :)
  • RNATheRock
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I posted both your sessions on edgegamers sister and I hope we can get more support from them as well.