Weekly Debrief

Keyboard and Mouse support for Console

MadMaxandMACO
553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Is there any chance we could hook up a keyboard and a mouse and play with them? Are we all Microsoft's family??
Is years that I wait for this to happen.
Could BF1 allow and support this?

Comments

• kingbluewolf
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would love this!
    Think this an XBox/Microsoft issue.
    I'm sure EA Battlefield would be cool with this
  • PimpSlapDynasty
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well it is rumored that the keyboard and mouse will be making its appearance with xbox1 Scorpio. The whole idea of merging windows pc gamers with Xbox console gamers has become very big within this past year whether people admit to like it or not. The whole idea of play anywhere is now launched. I would expect to see an Xbox keyboard and mouse in the near future if not sooner than Scorpio release. It would be an excellent direction for Xbox/ Microsoft to go and would encourage PC players to buy an Xbox if they don't have one already. If console players can "play anywhere" with being able to use a controller on pc why not vice versa. Also its a good idea for people who do not have the money to build a monster PC to still be able to use keyboard and mouse on a much cheaper console.
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Go buy a PC if you want kb/m.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

No.

Op you can already play with a keyboard and mouse on console. Your best options are:

-http://xim4.com/
    -http://www.tuact.com/products/venom-x

There's also Hori Tactical Commander 4 and Cronus Max. Not sure how good these are though. But Xim4 and Venom X are great (I have Venom X).
  • SH1GGLES
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nobel83-9 wrote: »

No.

Op you can already play with a keyboard and mouse on console. Your best options are:

There's also Hori Tactical Commander 4 and Cronus Max. Not sure how good these are though. But Xim4 and Venom X are great (I have Venom X).

I've got several friends who play exclusively with the XIM4. They rock with it and it's truly impressive. You're just not limited to a mouse/keyboard but can attach joysticks (great for flying), game pads, etc. I enjoy the controller but now I'm swinging towards getting a XIM4 b/c of the versatility it offers.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2016
    SH1GGLES wrote: »
    Nobel83-9 wrote: »

No.

I've got several friends who play exclusively with the XIM4. They rock with it and it's truly impressive. You're just not limited to a mouse/keyboard but can attach joysticks (great for flying), game pads, etc. I enjoy the controller but now I'm swinging towards getting a XIM4 b/c of the versatility it offers.

I'd suggest not using a keyboard if you're not used to it. I'm not. So I'm using a mouse and a 'move' stick similar to the PS Move.
  • ENRAGEDDIABLO
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bad idea
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its already happening with play anywhere and the communities starting to mix (not including xim4). With the price tag that is going to come with scorpio, just future proof and get a pc.
  • Rancherlee
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    not a fan of it, consoles are suppose to be a "level playing field", I consider XIM4 and other devices as cheating on consoles. This is why I game with both a PC and an XB1. Leave the KB/M to PC and controllers to the console.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ya but there is no punishment for using them and it cant be enforced unless u go to a lan event... So technically we are just getting left behind for not using them? Almost in category of scuf and elite controllers im my mind
  • Arnotts_Biscuits
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    keyboard and mouse support? lmao
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    I dont get the joke...
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If console had keyboard and mouse support I feel like most Xim users would not play on consoles because their advantage would be gone. Most of them have PC, but play on console because of the advantage they get from having a kb/m against controller users.
  • SH1GGLES
    If console had keyboard and mouse support I feel like most Xim users would not play on consoles because their advantage would be gone. Most of them have PC, but play on console because of the advantage they get from having a kb/m against controller users.

You don't know XIM players. I have several friends who use a XIM and I've played with one but it definitely didn't give me an advantage. The most common reason they don't use an Xbox controller is because it doesn't work for them ergonomically. A M/K doesn't differentiate players on an Xbox and a controller doesn't level the playing field. Look at all the differences that exist with monitors/TV, headsets, routers, headsets, bandwidth, etc. What's consistent is the graphics/video card, memory, processor and other internal components.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    edited September 2016
    That is definitely not true..... MnK prevails in gunfights easy. They can crouch/stand a thousand times faster in gunfights for example, and also control recoil better. It may have an initial learning curve, but its been proven to be advantageous in the long run.

Examples:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ShAdOwStRiDeR/video/21862599

• SH1GGLES
    That is definitely not true..... MnK prevails in gunfights easy. They can crouch/stand a thousand times faster in gunfights for example, and also control recoil better. It may have an initial learning curve, but its been proven to be advantageous in the long run.

Have you even seen the XIM4 and how it works? It doesn't replace the Xbox controller. It's an interface through it. You can't turn faster with it, shoot faster, etc. It's limited by the controller. If anything you're often at a disadvantage because you're trying to emulate a 1:1 movement ratio and you don't always get there because of the game mechanics. It does not equate to playing with a M/KB on a PC. Go read the FAQs on the XIM support site and you'll understand what it does.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    edited September 2016
    Lol ok buddy. I never said it was the exact same as pc mnk... I said it clearly has advantages, which it does. You can try to defend it all day but theres plenty of players that openly admit to using it and admit to its advantages. Maybe it didnt work out as well for you, like I said it has a learning curve... Have a good day
    Post edited by TheRudeJudeTTV on
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    edited September 2016
    SH1GGLES wrote: »

You don't know XIM players. I have several friends who use a XIM and I've played with one but it definitely didn't give me an advantage. The most common reason they don't use an Xbox controller is because it doesn't work for them ergonomically. A M/K doesn't differentiate players on an Xbox and a controller doesn't level the playing field. Look at all the differences that exist with monitors/TV, headsets, routers, headsets, bandwidth, etc. What's consistent is the graphics/video card, memory, processor and other internal components.

Not true I know multiple Xim users that went to PC and got rekt then came back to console because of it. On a side note I looked at your stats and it's clear you've never played in the competitive community and played against players that have mastered the Xim4. The Xim users you know are probably bad so that's why the info your getting is wrong about how much of an advantage it gives.
    Post edited by MAGNUM_MU5TACHE on
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I used to play PC with m&k but much prefer a controller nowadays. I can't lie down on my sofa with a m&k
  • theguywhosninja
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    To the OP; I do not believe BF1 will get KB&M support on console. Even when Project Scorpio comes out. There will most likely be performance updates, but to invest in adding mechanics for KB&M when they can make it a feature of the next Battlefield title is where my business mindset goes. Some may say they can take the mechanic from the PC. Well, yes, but they would still have to test, which is an investment of time. So unless we get really lucky and some of the developers are given that time. Dice/EA/Microsoft will most likely make it a selling point to get the Scorpio with the next battlefield title.(IMO)

To all the others talking about these 3rd party tools. Its great that you want to play different ways.

But I kind of agree with the quote below.
    Rancherlee wrote: »
    not a fan of it, consoles are suppose to be a "level playing field", I consider XIM4 and other devices as cheating on consoles. This is why I game with both a PC and an XB1. Leave the KB/M to PC and controllers to the console.

Also to the statement.
    So technically we are just getting left behind for not using them? Almost in category of scuf and elite controllers im my mind
    Is true but not true. The thumb sticks are what have not been advanced in a couple years. PC players go to the Xbox controller because it has drivers that install/update automatically. (everyone like things easy)

Although I would prefer all of us to have the luxury of playing with Elite controlers.

So once we get Microsoft and Sony to help invest in better thumb stick technology, then (IMO) the playing field will start to get even and the gaming community become one.

Although at this point what is happening here with third party tools is the same thing that happens all the time, instead of the masses going to advocate for better tech. We spend our money on the most convenient immediate alternative tech.