World War 1 Weapons, Assault Class Weapons

13»

Comments

• Blazcowitz43
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    [/quote]
    I'm mainly talking about tanks in the regards to vehicles but weapons can fit in too. Half the weapons wouldn't be used on some maps e.g. Automatico on non Italian maps.
    Granted you could have faction weapons rather then specific country issued weaponary but still.
    Tanks are so far only three. Hugely unfair if Germany only had the A7V compared to the British having both Mark IV/V and the Renault.

I reckon it's fine considered how butchered the setting is already. Each weapon so far has a niche; none have been the 'ace23 God gun'. If one wants to play authentically the option is there (both player and server wise). I'm sure there will be plenty of 'Authentic Servers' popping up after release maybe even a offical 'Classic/Authentic' that mixs with normal and hardcore.[/quote]

In regards to the tanks, it isn't really that inauthentic with what they have done. True, only about 20 A7V's were used during the latter stages of 1918 and you certainly wouldn't see them being used by the Ottoman empire or the British. However, seeing Landships or Renault tanks being used by the Germans wouldn't be a big stretch. The Germans captured hundreds of tanks and used them in battle (because as I said, they had so few of their own). That fact seems like its going to be reflected in the campaign since one of the early trailers shows "Big Bess" broken down and the Germans seemingly intent on trying to capture the tank rather than destroy it.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm mainly talking about tanks in the regards to vehicles but weapons can fit in too. Half the weapons wouldn't be used on some maps e.g. Automatico on non Italian maps.
    Granted you could have faction weapons rather then specific country issued weaponary but still.
    Tanks are so far only three. Hugely unfair if Germany only had the A7V compared to the British having both Mark IV/V and the Renault.

I reckon it's fine considered how butchered the setting is already. Each weapon so far has a niche; none have been the 'ace23 God gun'. If one wants to play authentically the option is there (both player and server wise). I'm sure there will be plenty of 'Authentic Servers' popping up after release maybe even a offical 'Classic/Authentic' that mixs with normal and hardcore.[/quote]

In regards to the tanks, it isn't really that inauthentic with what they have done. True, only about 20 A7V's were used during the latter stages of 1918 and you certainly wouldn't see them being used by the Ottoman empire or the British. However, seeing Landships or Renault tanks being used by the Germans wouldn't be a big stretch. The Germans captured hundreds of tanks and used them in battle (because as I said, they had so few of their own). That fact seems like its going to be reflected in the campaign since one of the early trailers shows "Big Bess" broken down and the Germans seemingly intent on trying to capture the tank rather than destroy it.
    [/quote]

That quote though.

In a way it is (speed etc) and it isn't (captured tanks etc)

I'm fine with it because of game balance. And if one were to setup an authentic server it will be easy to sort those matters out.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/32720/a7v-mephisto#latest
  • NixonTooStronk
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've decided to add this, I know its an obscure prototype but I think the way it operates will be interesting to see in-game.

Clair Brothers 1898 Semi-Automatic Shotgun/Rifle

00010_RARE-FUSIL-CLAIR-ECLAIR.jpg
    00009_RARE-FUSIL-CLAIR-ECLAIR.jpg
    00013_RARE-FUSIL-CLAIR-ECLAIR.jpg
    FrenchClair.jpg