BFH after BF1's release

GenesisMD5745
499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
With BF1's EA Access 10-hr demo coming out on the 13th of October, and the full game coming out on the 18th (for early enlister pre-orders) and 21st, where do you think Hardline will be afterwards with the amount of players?

I know some of us will abandon Hardline, some will stay, and some will be switching between BF1, BFH, and maybe some other BF games. But looking at the hype following BF1, I do have a feeling that the BFH player count will probably decrease by over half of it's current player count. I'm just curious as to how many of you will either leave, stay, or switch between this game and other BF titles.

For me, Battlefield Hardline has been a blast personally since I started playing the open beta that had Hotwire on Downtown and Dust Bowl, and Heist on Bank Job. So as long as I can find full servers past the 18th and 21st, I don't see myself quitting this game for good. I'll be switching between this game and BF1.

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    7007 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Havent touched BFH is 6 months, won't ever touch it again.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think it will drop at first and then come back up a bit. Probably depends on whether the fun factor is closer to BF4 or BFH. The BF1/BF4/BFH combined user interface is still a wildcard in all of this and could get people to play all three instead of choosing one over the other.
  • KPNuts74
    637 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I purchased my Xbox One 18 months ago with HL and have not felt the need to buy any other games since.

However, I have pre-ordered BF1 and booked the 18th/19th off work and unless BF1 proves to not be good/fun - I prob won't return to HL. I'm a one game guy.
  • StardustSpeedway
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The beta actually turned me off BF1. I was excited about the game, then I actually played it and was so disappointed in what I played. Graphically, the game looks amazing with awesome sound direction. In terms of how much fun I was having however, that was nonexistent. I'll still buy BF1 to give it another chance, but I still see myself playing BFH until there's no more players left.

I played BFH yesterday after a break and had a ton of fun. BFH is legit one of the most fun MP games I've played this generation and I never see myself getting tired of playing Heist.
  • steezemcqueen1
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I will play hardline till the servers go down
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nobel83-9 wrote: »
    Havent touched BFH is 6 months, won't ever touch it again.
    Then stay out of forums.
  • FrankTheTank1974
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I will play hardline till the servers go down

^ This. My 20 slot Capture The Bag server will stay as long as there are at least 4 players to start the round.
  • TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I remember the hype with battlefront,I moved to next-gen and played it for about 2 or 3 months but just couldn't get into it like hardline.
    like stardust said I wasn't overly impressed with BF1 beta so I don't know if I will even bother with this release.
    The cops v robbers scenario suits me and I will also be here till all the lights go out .
    #hardliner
  • xPunisher_GFYx
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game will be completely dead about 4 weeks of BF1 release hands down
  • steezemcqueen1
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I think it will see a big rise in players that never gave hardline a go once they get over bf1 not being what they thought it would be same as battlefront I even got suckered into the hype for that because I loved battlefront 2 boy was I gutted only played it foe about 2 hrs it's never been out of the box since
  • Andy89DK
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ^ This. My 20 slot Capture The Bag server will stay as long as there are at least 4 players to start the round.

I really like your server (because it basically is the only one available), but is there a specfic reason why the server only supports 20 players and not the standard 32 players? It would be really nice if more players could join in on the action than just the 20 players.

Another of your servers that I really like is your Squad Heist server, but I would really appreciate if you could scrap the Heist game mode from this server because it runs the Squad Heist preset (10 players). Furthermore, if you could add all available DLC maps for this game mode it would be awesome as your server is the only appropriate server available.

Just in general I noticed that your servers have Hacker/Spectator mode disabled, but is there a certain reason for that? I really like to Spectate matches in particular so it would be nice if you would consider including this on your servers.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Did Visceral steal your baby or something? You've been rooting for this games demise for some time now yet you still seem to play it a lot. Does not compute.
  • BabyMetal808
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll prob get my final HL kill on Oct. 16, considering I never went back to BF3 after BF4 came out and never went back to BF4 after BFHL came out.
  • GenesisMD5745
    499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's nice to see that most people here want to stick with Hardline.

As I've said earlier, I'll be switching between this and BF1 once BF1 finally releases. I've just had too much fun in Hardline to simply call it quits.

• steezemcqueen1
    Sonic5745 wrote: »
    It's nice to see that most people here want to stick with Hardline.

As I've said earlier, I'll be switching between this and BF1 once BF1 finally releases. I've just had too much fun in Hardline to simply call it quits.

Same here the pace of hardline is amazing
  • decimation420x
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Indeed it is. BFH is quite simply a great FPS for people who pick up the controller & actually want to PLAY.

Its no secret that an absurd amount of FPS players (dare I say majority), play these games Scared. They're overly careful, & often pointlessly hesistant. From camping in corners, to peaking around edges, camping a building with trap explosives then simply camping, waiting & watching for someone to come up the stairs, around the corner. Just a picture a prone Sniper / Support player already in ADS, watching his already trap laden staircase, just waiting for someone to waltz up after the mini map tips him off on enemy movement.

These guys shouldn't even be playing FPS's. Its just fear, nothing tactical. No alpha or apex traits amongst these people whatsoever.

I can't tell you how many times I'll be sitting on contested flags with (for example) 1 teammate, & watch the player MAKE NO EFFORT, to search for the enemy players who are contesting our flag. We begin to lose the flag, & still nothing. They just sit in the corner. It's a common occurrence, & I know you've all seen it. These guys look to avoid confrontation as much as possible, on an FPS ffs! They just sit & hope the problem goes away, it's pathetic. I've also been on the opposite end of this where I hunt down that player, who hopes to take the flag after the enemy leaves. Yeah not happening

And yet even those guys are an improvement over the Flowers who are too delicate & petrified to walk up on an enemy flag ALONE, or at the least be the 1st player to arrive. ^^^ This scenario specifically, I have in the past likened it to an electric obedience collar on a dog - players who are scared to approach these situations solo (or at all), have simply LEARNED over the years, through trial & error, that no fun & no success will come of this approach. This comes down to player skill level unfortunately. Console FPS gaming has only been mainstream for roughly a Decade now - we're all still learning on some level - & there are enough low skill players out there who have some understanding & recognition of their own ability, & therefore avoid these situations like the Plague. Because history has taught them to. This is them learning from mistakes. NO one (no matter how good you are), likes being blindsided or shot when you don't expect. Always an unpleasant jump scare. Enough so that at this point, in the eyes of too many, PTFOing IS the mistake.

Because these people play scared. Are scared.

& that's why I love Hardline. If you're this type of player, you are going to get WHOOPED. You're either getting rekt or you'll go running back to BF4 crying for yer mammy.

This games does a wonderful job of weeding out these Scum players. The CATCH is - THESE PLAYERS ARE THE MAJORITY. And therefore Hardline took a hit in sales & popularity. People can't play at their slowpoke, campy pace....

So, what made this game unpopular, is actually what made this game great.

Just like with a Locker sever that has a no shotgun rule, no explosive rule. People want a clean infantry experience largely predicated on skill.

Hardline provides that
  • theONEFORCE
    Indeed it is. BFH is quite simply a great FPS for people who pick up the controller & actually want to PLAY.

Its no secret that an absurd amount of FPS players (dare I say majority), play these games Scared. They're overly careful, & often pointlessly hesistant. From camping in corners, to peaking around edges, camping a building with trap explosives then simply camping, waiting & watching for someone to come up the stairs, around the corner. Just a picture a prone Sniper / Support player already in ADS, watching his already trap laden staircase, just waiting for someone to waltz up after the mini map tips him off on enemy movement.

These guys shouldn't even be playing FPS's. Its just fear, nothing tactical. No alpha or apex traits amongst these people whatsoever.

I can't tell you how many times I'll be sitting on contested flags with (for example) 1 teammate, & watch the player MAKE NO EFFORT, to search for the enemy players who are contesting our flag. We begin to lose the flag, & still nothing. They just sit in the corner. It's a common occurrence, & I know you've all seen it. These guys look to avoid confrontation as much as possible, on an FPS ffs! They just sit & hope the problem goes away, it's pathetic. I've also been on the opposite end of this where I hunt down that player, who hopes to take the flag after the enemy leaves. Yeah not happening

And yet even those guys are an improvement over the Flowers who are too delicate & petrified to walk up on an enemy flag ALONE, or at the least be the 1st player to arrive. ^^^ This scenario specifically, I have in the past likened it to an electric obedience collar on a dog - players who are scared to approach these situations solo (or at all), have simply LEARNED over the years, through trial & error, that no fun & no success will come of this approach. This comes down to player skill level unfortunately. Console FPS gaming has only been mainstream for roughly a Decade now - we're all still learning on some level - & there are enough low skill players out there who have some understanding & recognition of their own ability, & therefore avoid these situations like the Plague. Because history has taught them to. This is them learning from mistakes. NO one (no matter how good you are), likes being blindsided or shot when you don't expect. Always an unpleasant jump scare. Enough so that at this point, in the eyes of too many, PTFOing IS the mistake.

Because these people play scared. Are scared.

& that's why I love Hardline. If you're this type of player, you are going to get WHOOPED. You're either getting rekt or you'll go running back to BF4 crying for yer mammy.

This games does a wonderful job of weeding out these Scum players. The CATCH is - THESE PLAYERS ARE THE MAJORITY. And therefore Hardline took a hit in sales & popularity. People can't play at their slowpoke, campy pace....

So, what made this game unpopular, is actually what made this game great.

Just like with a Locker sever that has a no shotgun rule, no explosive rule. People want a clean infantry experience largely predicated on skill.

Hardline provides that

I agree with this 100% and I'll even admit that I started out that way, less than a year ago in BF4, hiding in a bush hoping to God that no one spotted me. Then I started playing Hardline and learned that you have to push to win and to have fun. What's the worst that can happen? You pretend die, oh no!!!

Last night I was playing on Bank Job (again) and my team was slowly pushed back to the cop spawn. What did everyone do? Switch to sniper and hide behind the trucks and in the subway. We had no chance of getting out of the trap because only myself and a few other people were pushing. I was running straight into the fray paving the way and no one was following me. I was getting easy kills on guys that were milling around trying to get easy spawn trap kills. We could have easily gotten B or C. I made it to the vault a few times and no one from my 5 man squad even spawned on me once. P***SIES.
  • FrankTheTank1974
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Andy89DK wrote: »

I really like your server (because it basically is the only one available), but is there a specfic reason why the server only supports 20 players and not the standard 32 players? It would be really nice if more players could join in on the action than just the 20 players.

Another of your servers that I really like is your Squad Heist server, but I would really appreciate if you could scrap the Heist game mode from this server because it runs the Squad Heist preset (10 players). Furthermore, if you could add all available DLC maps for this game mode it would be awesome as your server is the only appropriate server available.

Just in general I noticed that your servers have Hacker/Spectator mode disabled, but is there a certain reason for that? I really like to Spectate matches in particular so it would be nice if you would consider including this on your servers.

Every player slot costs money, thats one reason why it only 20 players at the moment. The other reason is that 20 player CTB is worse than 64 player Metro TDM. Hacker slots and spectator slots eat up normal slots. If I would active hacker and 2 spectator slots, then it would only be 16 slots left for normal players. Maybe I`ll add more slots later when there are more regular players.
    The other servers of our platoon belong to an other guy, and sadly I'm no admin there at the moment. There are only 4 Squad Heist maps, because Visceral didn't create more maps for this game mode. That's why it's mixed with normal heist. I keep on telling the admin that the server needs map voting, but he keeps on forgetting to add it ...
  • N0XPL0DE1
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    The player count will undoubtedly drop when BF1 releases. I however, will continue to split time between BL HL and BF1. I absolutely love hardline and do not really understand why it is considered the universal least favorite in the series.
  • N0XPL0DE1
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Andy89DK wrote: »

Every player slot costs money, thats one reason why it only 20 players at the moment. The other reason is that 20 player CTB is worse than 64 player Metro TDM. Hacker slots and spectator slots eat up normal slots. If I would active hacker and 2 spectator slots, then it would only be 16 slots left for normal players. Maybe I`ll add more slots later when there are more regular players.
    The other servers of our platoon belong to an other guy, and sadly I'm no admin there at the moment. There are only 4 Squad Heist maps, because Visceral didn't create more maps for this game mode. That's why it's mixed with normal heist. I keep on telling the admin that the server needs map voting, but he keeps on forgetting to add it ...

How does one find your server? Sounds like fun.