How do you feel about 1 hit kill snipers?

IzzyGoneCrazy
44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I like and hate them at the same time.

Comments

• xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    head shots should always be 1 hit kill, body shots no more then 2, unless its the area where the heart is, question is, should 1 shot kills count , when your shot in the foot like that in hc modes in bf4. that was my only gripe about sniping in hc mode, but it applied to alot of weapons not just snipers.
  • JW063
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sure, let them get their one shot kills, no problem. The main thing is there's gotta be some mechanic that reveals their position so they can't camp on a hill all game.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6653 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've always looked at ohk sniper kills as a "severely wounded, cant really fight anymore" kinda thing. HC is directed more toward realism and realistically if you get cracked in the foot by a sniper round you ain't fighting anymore. Definitely not going to sprint off, wrap it in a gauze bandage and pray away the pain.

Programmatically it's a good go between choice versus milsim bleed out, no run/sprint etc type options.
  • afnav130
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    It's fine if you limit the snipers to say 2 per side. It's a problem when people have 10 snipers plus on each side. Be queue system like the tanks and helis. When you respawn you get to see if a sniper slot is open. If it is you can get it. If it isn't on well.

Be a massive improvement to the game. Massive.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I an fine SR have a low ROF, insane sway.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6653 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2016
    afnav130 wrote: »
    It's fine if you limit the snipers to say 2 per side. It's a problem when people have 10 snipers plus on each side. Be queue system like the tanks and helis. When you respawn you get to see if a sniper slot is open. If it is you can get it. If it isn't on well.

You'll probably never see class limitations in BF. It goes against the core of the game. What is more likely to happen is to change the scoring mechanics such as reducing kill points outside of radius. Sniping someone in a radius gives a bonus vs that in between flags guy. Even more of a bonus if both the shooter and the target are in radius. This would definitely focus more attention on flag zone versus spread out all over.

The only other aspect I would look at is will there be mobile spawn gadgets (beacon like) and who gets it. If there is a mobile spawn gadget and it's not given to the sniper class, well that right there greatly reduces the abundance of snipers.
  • afnav130

You'll probably never see class limitations in BF. It goes against the core of the game. What is more likely to happen is to change the scoring mechanics such as reducing kill points outside of radius. Sniping someone in a radius gives a bonus vs that in between flags guy. Even more of a bonus if both the shooter and the target are in radius. This would definitely focus more attention on flag zone versus spread out all over.

The only other aspect I would look at is will there be mobile spawn gadgets (beacon like) and who gets it. If there is a mobile spawn gadget and it's not given to the sniper class, well that right there greatly reduces the abundance of snipers.

I never understood that about BF. I know they cater to 12 year olds but it's time to stop that. The only class limitation would be snipers because they are a pox in multiplayer. One sniper in real life can halt a battalion. What do 10 of them in Battlefield do? Is time to change their mode. They won't of course and based upon the threads I see here DICE won't.

I'd take your solution as a stopgap however. Good work!
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    1 shot head
    2 shots torso
    3 shots limbs

That is how it should be in my opinion
  • Rev0verDrive
    edited May 2016

I never understood that about BF. I know they cater to 12 year olds but it's time to stop that. The only class limitation would be snipers because they are a pox in multiplayer. One sniper in real life can halt a battalion. What do 10 of them in Battlefield do? Is time to change their mode. They won't of course and based upon the threads I see here DICE won't.

Well if you look at the first two titles 1942 and Vietnam Only vietnam had a mobile spawn. The upside is was only 1 per team and you had to move from main.

Vietcong had a "tunnel exit" type mobile spawn. It required an engineer to pick it up from main and place it infield. The whole team could use it. Any other team engineer with the right kit could move it yet again.

The US had a "hut" looking mobile spawn. It had to be transported via chopper from main.

If either mobile was destroyed it took 5 minutes to respawn at main. Not all maps had them. Some maps only the vietcong had one.

• -L-M3rc3n4ry
    513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1 shot head
    2 shots torso
    3 shots limbs

IMHO this is pretty unbalanced. SR should have a great stopping power to compensate ROF and size
  • UnderbossNiko
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Limiting the amount of snipers per game will never happen. As much as it may help with the issue of to many snipers. And to counter it by trying to best fit where to maximize damage is not bad but still rough. I'd say personally, that with the way of squads, it should be limited per squad. As in, with the scout class, you shouldn't be able to have a squad of nothing but scouts with scoped rifles. Which would help limit the maximum amount of people being snipers, but not entirely take them away. I'm a big believer of everyone in the squad holding a position and class. But that too, will most likely never. Yet we must strive to try and improve.
  • afnav130

Well if you look at the first two titles 1942 and Vietnam Only vietnam had a mobile spawn. The upside is was only 1 per team and you had to move from main.

Vietcong had a "tunnel exit" type mobile spawn. It required an engineer to pick it up from main and place it infield. The whole team could use it. Any other team engineer with the right kit could move it yet again.

The US had a "hut" looking mobile spawn. It had to be transported via chopper from main.

If either mobile was destroyed it took 5 minutes to respawn at main. Not all maps had them. Some maps only the vietcong had one.

Man I forgot about the spawns in BF: Vietnam! Very true and that worked prettygood. If they did that again or some variation of (which they won't) it would be awesome.

• afnav130
    Limiting the amount of snipers per game will never happen. As much as it may help with the issue of to many snipers. And to counter it by trying to best fit where to maximize damage is not bad but still rough. I'd say personally, that with the way of squads, it should be limited per squad. As in, with the scout class, you shouldn't be able to have a squad of nothing but scouts with scoped rifles. Which would help limit the maximum amount of people being snipers, but not entirely take them away. I'm a big believer of everyone in the squad holding a position and class. But that too, will most likely never. Yet we must strive to try and improve.

Another workable solution. I can't understand how this isn't so hard to figure out for the Devs.
  • wwishie
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Groin shots should incapacitate the target for 3 seconds.
  • UnderbossNiko
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2016
    wwishie wrote: »
    Groin shots should incapacitate the target for 3 seconds.

Right here. It's guys like these that I love the internet for. A man who brings forth real world questions. And solutions that neither hinder nor help the process. Well done sir. I don't know how to follow that up. I guess I'll say that, it would have to be longer? After all you just did get your face shot off. I don't know about you. But I'd be a bit more stunned and for much longer as I try to wrap my brain around that causality.
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
  • xZeN_v5x
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    1 shot head
    2 shots torso
    3 shots limbs

I feel this would be a simple yet effective way to reward great snipers and allow them still a chance to play in close-mid range combat.

• Gmkillers
    1239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hardline actually done 1 hit kills snipers perfectly....I know it done something right unbelievable. It was a 1 hit kill up to about 30m or so to the torso.
  • Vizq2k
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    2 shots torso is invalid, speaking on slight realism.

If you take a 50cal bullet to the chest, flat out you aren't living.

Anything above your abdominal region should be a 1 shot, some of the less powerful snipers should definitely tag if you take one in the stomach.

• AegonBlackfyre21
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Headshots, for sure and maybe a small kill box in the center chest to reward long distance well aimed heartshots might be nice, and realistic.

To be more immersive, one day it'd be cool to die/be effected by extreme injury differently depending on how you're injured. For instance, a heart shot would stagger, vibrate the controller and give you a few seconds before you collapse and fade out to the respawn menu. Shattered legs from 'nades or a mine might leave you immobile for a short time to allow a medic to heal but if left unattended the wounded character would quickly bleed out and your screen fade to the respawn menu. A headshot should always cut to black immediately. Minor small arms hits would function like they do now to keep things from changing too much.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    Gmkillers wrote: »
    Hardline actually done 1 hit kills snipers perfectly....I know it done something right unbelievable. It was a 1 hit kill up to about 30m or so to the torso.
    Gmkillers wrote: »

They nerfed SR. Now M82 is the WORST gun and you need hit in head with BA rifles. BFBC2 still with a amazing 30m OHK range to Barrett M95
    Vizq2k wrote: »
    2 shots torso is invalid, speaking on slight realism.

If you take a 50cal bullet to the chest, flat out you aren't living.

Anything above your abdominal region should be a 1 shot, some of the less powerful snipers should definitely tag if you take one in the stomach.

But the game isn't realistic. Is a arcade game. SR should be OHK due balance. A slow ROF weapon should have more damage in order to compensate low ROF