Weekly Debrief

No KD in the game stats?

Jaskaman
655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I wonder what happened to KD in game stats, I see it only at end of the round stats.
Well there are also other missing things like clantags so I guess game is not finished yet. :)

Comments

• SirBobdk
    4071 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pahkiller wrote: »
    I hope to God they totally remove K/D ratios it is ruining the game...
    This
  • BigF33t_13
    6677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Yes! This^^^^^^^^^. Maybe the CoD noobs will start playing objectives.
  • Jaskaman
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BiggyD1313 wrote: »

Yes! This^^^^^^^^^. Maybe the CoD noobs will start playing objectives.

While I agree, people always look for that. When it's missing from the game they find the ways to follow it anyway using stats pages :)
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    While I agree, people always look for that. When it's missing from the game they find the ways to follow it anyway using stats pages :)

Except if there are no stats to pull from.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Soooo Really no KDR on the Alt/Tab Scoreboard?

sidebar - BF.com/Career page will handle stats.
  • retypeNick
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Thank God :D People only stare the K/D and base everything on that.

Promote team play stats and win stats.
  • F1aw1ess
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A score per minute counter would be nice
  • Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'll just leave this here.
    K/D ratio was recently discovered to cause over inflated egos, usually effecting, but not limited to younger gamers. The over inflated ego diagnoses itself is not a life long debilitating illness and can be countered with a heavy dose of maturity.

Due to the health risks of K/D ratio to the general gaming populace and the mandatory redesign of video games, due to Video Game Players With Disabilities Act*, many Video Game designers have elected to opt out of offering K/D ratio as a cost saving measure and to lessen the health risks that comes with K/D ratio.

*The Video Game Players With Disabilities Act, which was recently signed into law requires all Video Game Designers to widen every door frame on maps so players who suffer from "over inflated ego" can still fit their head in the door.
  • ThoriumPower
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The really skilled ptfo only crowd shed so many tears over their lame k/ds that it flooded out the devs halfway through making bf1 so by cutting out k/d the salty tears subsided thus they could finish the game... happy ptfoing..
  • Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The really skilled ptfo only crowd shed so many tears over their lame k/ds that it flooded out the devs halfway through making bf1 so by cutting out k/d the salty tears subsided thus they could finish the game... happy ptfoing..

Or....just perhaps the Developers decided to focus on making BF1 entertaining, since it is just a game.

Upon the full release we will learn as to what stats are available. But if it's like the Beta was, stat strokers are going to be really let down.
  • VESPA5
    784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The game is geared more towards PTFO. Which is good. Besides, K/D sorta encourages people to say "Fxxx all" to his/her teammates and just sit back and snipe away while everyone else is capturing points.

And I don't know if anybody has noticed, but most of the matches I've played involved everyone on BOTH sides having atrocious K/D ratios during the game. It was like this in Battlefront where pretty much everyone was destined to die 20-30 times each match.

"But this is war! Stop whining!" <--- War didn't involve infinite respawn, especially the power to spawn behind enemy lines
  • XPLORAH
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Couldn't agree more. Get rid of of k/d and promote team play aspects
  • SirBobdk
    4071 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Get rid of all stats. Nothing will hunts you after the end of a map.
    New map, new beginning.
  • ThoriumPower
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Lol I just got a warning for disrupted behaviour..
    Wow must have a **** k/d butt hurt
  • Cheers4Eers
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Couldn't disagree more.
    BF1 = First Person Shooter
    Kills greater than deaths should be meaningful. Yes Conquest is about playing the objective. But if that's all it is, maybe we should just be charging around twirling batons.
  • Nonswimmer
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    i find i can See the enemy unlike in bf4 lol. if you want to see you own person K/d CLick the Career tab on the left Side of BF1 ingame. it will show your BF1 kd/ration kills overall and also your BF4 stats.
  • Sawtooth75
    906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lol I just got a warning for disrupted behaviour..
    Wow must have a **** k/d butt hurt

You received that warning for the same behavior you're showing in this thread. The same advice I gave you before applies.
  • Tmpst
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    But if that's all it is, maybe we should just be charging around twirling batons.

Expect anything else from BF1's "Knife Only" servers? :D

While I agree, BF1 is obviously a FPS game, you also have to remember that K/D isn't everything. I think my best rounds in BF4 I've had a K/D of maybe 0.2 or 0.3, while having 75%+ of the revives in my team. But sure, since K/D is everything, I should no longer heal or resurrect people and just go pew pew all the time? Of course I would be better with little to no deaths at all, but you can't have everything. So let's assume we're playing TDM and I end up with 1/15 while having 30 resurrections. Did I really contribute nothing to my team or worse even handicapped it? If you're only looking at K/D, you might get that impression. It *does* affect how people perceive stats, so I'm all up for only showing kills and score for example.

TL;DR: K/D definitely has a meaning, but it pretty much always hides other teamplay aspects of the game, like objective play, even if you're just talking about TDM. Revives are essential, but they won't show up as either kills or deaths.
  • Ashby_JC
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I wish for and most likely will NEVER get.

Is to instead of having Kills and Deaths in the scoreboard.

How about show ....revives, medical points, ammo points.

I feel if people saw those numbers it would encourage more people to drop ammo etc.

SO far in the trial ....getting health is NOT a issue as it seems people are indeed droping med packs. But its rare I see AMMO packs.

But anyway....more stats then KD in the scoreboard would be great.