No KD in the game stats?

Comments

• Sawtooth75
    906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 scoring revolves more around playing the objective, contributing to the team/squad and inflicting damage. Kills only give 20 points, so that part doesn't really put you on top of the scoreboard. But if it's you who does the damage and subsequently do the killing, you'll be up there obviously.
  • Cheers4Eers
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FWIW, I am not all about K/D. I believe one should try to WIN any game be it Conquest or a spitting contest. It's just that I also think that when you get down to the nuts and bolts of an FPS, kills greater than deaths should be significant in the scheme of things.
  • Broliszibaila
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ashby_JC wrote: »
    I wish for and most likely will NEVER get.

Is to instead of having Kills and Deaths in the scoreboard.

How about show ....revives, medical points, ammo points.

I feel if people saw those numbers it would encourage more people to drop ammo etc.

SO far in the trial ....getting health is NOT a issue as it seems people are indeed droping med packs. But its rare I see AMMO packs.

But anyway....more stats then KD in the scoreboard would be great.

This!
  • gunner1st
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You ought to know by now, EA/DICE never finish PC BF titles, you always get a crap launch. And they could care less, because every time they have you $$ up front.
  • sohiieee
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The coping by players with bad k/d in this thread are hilarious. Yes k/d does matter in a fps game. If you keep dying you are not alive playing the objective. Conversely if you are dominating the other team in kills you are preventing them from playing their objective. This is such a simple concept yet people's egos prevent them from admitting their shortcomings.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    EinNiKo wrote: »
    The coping by players with bad k/d in this thread are hilarious. Yes k/d does matter in a fps game. If you keep dying you are not alive playing the objective. Conversely if you are dominating the other team in kills you are preventing them from playing their objective. This is such a simple concept yet people's egos prevent them from admitting their shortcomings.

That's very true, but not the whole story. Players that ptfo and rack up kills are quite skilled. The issue is that KD isn't concerned with the volume of kills to deaths. A guy ptfo could go 30-15 in a round and make a significant difference in a game, and end with a 2:1 ratio. A guy ptfo could go 30-30 while being a significant contributor, but end up with a 1:1 ratio. A guy that comes nowhere near an objective could go 10-1 and have a better KD than the other two guys, while contributing absolutely nothing.

See the problem? I play a lot of BF4 64 player rush lately, and there are hordes of people who do nothing but ucav/mortar their way to KD. They snipe from 500 meters out. They're just bad, but have really awesome KD. Is that what you value in a game?

Personally, I prefer stats to be very robust and complete, but I'm very supportive of KD being something that the individual player only can see. And this is coming from a guy with a pretty decent KD for not playing vehicles 24/7.
  • sohiieee
    Micas99 wrote: »
    That's very true, but not the whole story. Players that ptfo and rack up kills are quite skilled. The issue is that KD isn't concerned with the volume of kills to deaths. A guy ptfo could go 30-15 in a round and make a significant difference in a game, and end with a 2:1 ratio. A guy ptfo could go 30-30 while being a significant contributor, but end up with a 1:1 ratio. A guy that comes nowhere near an objective could go 10-1 and have a better KD than the other two guys, while contributing absolutely nothing.

See the problem? I play a lot of 64 player rush lately, and there are hordes of people who do nothing but ucav/mortar their way to KD. They snipe from 500 meters out. They're just bad, but have really awesome KD. Is that what you value in a game?

Personally, I prefer stats to be very robust and complete, but I'm very supportive of KD being something that the individual player only can see. And this is coming from a guy with a pretty decent KD for not playing vehicles 24/7.

Obviously there is a law of diminishing returns when it comes to stats like k/d. But if you aren't pulling your own weight and at least killing as many times you get killed yourself, then you are dragging your team down. As for people who just camp and snipe all round long, this comes down to poor map design that allows people to have long sight lines into objectives. Terrain and buildings should be varied enough to discourage this. Yeah playing the desert map during beta was a bullet dodging simulator. Just hearing nonstop bullets whizzing past you while you had to run out in the open. The map was pretty awful and I don't know why DICE decided to use that to showcase the game when it appears that the full game has some decent maps.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Obviously there is a law of diminishing returns when it comes to stats like k/d. But if you aren't pulling your own weight and at least killing as many times you get killed yourself, then you are dragging your team down.

Oh come on. You do realize that KD is a zero sum game? You're saying that that if someone doesn't have a 1:1 ratio or better, they're not "pulling their own weight"? It is simply statistically impossible to have players that are over 1:1 without players being under 1:1 on the other team. I'll take teammates under 1:1 that contribute rather than 10:1 KD **** not ptfo. The issue here is that Dice appears to want to encourage more team play, which is always a good thing.

I get why KD matters to you. Just looked at your stats.. and had to /facepalm.
  • DLight007
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    I wonder what happened to KD in game stats, I see it only at end of the round stats.
    Well there are also other missing things like clantags so I guess game is not finished yet. :)
    There still are players who think that high K/D means high skill but in reality it means only that the player is a coward. Due to this misunderstanding it's a good think that K/D is hidden.

• sohiieee
    edited October 2016
    DLight007 wrote: »
    There still are players who think that high K/D means high skill but in reality it means only that the player is a coward. Due to this misunderstanding it's a good think that K/D is hidden.

Madcuzbadkd. The whole point of shooters is to kill other players and not die yourself. You can't complete objectives if you are constantly dying. Killing other players prevents them from completing their objectives. LOL @ this forum.
  • richcz3
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Pahkiller wrote: »
    I hope to God they totally remove K/D ratios it is ruining the game...
    100% Agreed. It's not the objective of the game. People become too preoccupied with the K/D stat, at the expense of meeting the Objectives. BF1 will reward you and the squad more for completing objectives than kill counts.
  • richcz3
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Another potential benefit of eliminating of showcasing K/D ratios is that some Hacks will move on to other games that still make K/D's the top priority. Not seeing their names at the End Of Round scoreboard could be less of an incentive.
  • Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    richcz3 wrote: »
    100% Agreed. It's not the objective of the game. People become too preoccupied with the K/D stat, at the expense of meeting the Objectives. BF1 will reward you and the squad more for completing objectives than kill counts.

^ This.

Just play the game. Bust your hump fighting over Objectives the whole match and stop worrying about petty things such as stats. Did you enjoy the game yes or no; that's the top priority for game design.
  • Micas99
    Madcuzbadkd. The whole point of shooters is to kill other players and not die yourself. You can't complete objectives if you are constantly dying. Killing other players prevents them from completing their objectives. LOL @ this forum.

The whole point is KD? And this mentality is where UCAV/mortar spam comes from. Truly pro. Mad.. because bad, indeed.
  • nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    If their decision was to remove k/d then why do they still have it on the scoreboard? That's the main place it needs to be removed if they were so against it.

A personal stat page with kills and deaths is just that, personal. It really needs to be there, even Overwatch has it and it cleverly avoids showing other players what the kills and deaths are during regular games because that's how the game is designed.

I think another soldier screen is coming at launch, apparently there is some more customsation coming too.
  • -LIPs-Kashinoda
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Check here within about 2 weeks
    http://bf1stats.com/

Or, I suspect, wait for the full game to come out.
  • Roughneck2-O
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    I feel if people saw those numbers it would encourage more people to drop ammo etc.
    THIS

CoD players are welcome, just not CoD playstyle.

Playing in an environment where players are constantly checking their K/D only hurts objective-based games like Battlefield.
  • Z-Obliviouz-Z
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Couldn't disagree more !
    I'm an objective player but i also want to have K/D ratio.

Pointless to not having stats. Always cool to know how much deads or kills u got on the years u playing the game. :-)
  • Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    THIS

CoD players are welcome, just not CoD playstyle.

Playing in an environment where players are constantly checking their K/D only hurts objective-based games like Battlefield.

The after match recap has a very nice Squad page that provides an overall run down on how your Squad did compared to other Squads. It lists all the Squad members and has what their Highlight was for the match. On the right of the screen it shows your Squads place for certain things. It's done in a non intrusive manner. Say your Squad was 3rd overall for vehicle destruction, you'll only see the 3rd place and not what place every other Squad came in.
  • Frogtooth
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    Oh come on. You do realize that KD is a zero sum game? You're saying that that if someone doesn't have a 1:1 ratio or better, they're not "pulling their own weight"? It is simply statistically impossible to have players that are over 1:1 without players being under 1:1 on the other team. I'll take teammates under 1:1 that contribute rather than 10:1 KD **** not ptfo. The issue here is that Dice appears to want to encourage more team play, which is always a good thing. .
    Average K/D is less than 1. The K/D percentiles of all the BF4 players who've played the last ~3 weeks:
    kdRatio avg= 0.952533378
    kdRatio 1pct= 0.0
    kdRatio 2pct= 0.07
    kdRatio 5pct= 0.28
    kdRatio 10pct= 0.41
    kdRatio 25pct= 0.61
    kdRatio 50pct= 0.86
    kdRatio 75pct= 1.15
    kdRatio 90pct= 1.51
    kdRatio 95pct= 1.82
    kdRatio 98pct= 2.3
    kdRatio 99pct= 2.75