No Joystick Support*

Comments

• SirBobdk
    5321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CONVEEEN wrote: »
    I got a present for DICE Developer Team, I will wait a bit for sending them these :)
    LOL
  • Kuiriel
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    ROFL, Conveen! Don't wait! Send it in now! And then post about it on Reddit and email the photos to Kotaku etc. That'll get a little bit of attention.

Do you know exactly where to send it?
    EA DICE Stockholm: 104 60, Södermalmsallén 36, 118 28 Stockholm, Sweden

The LA division isn't behind BF1 as far as I know, but they did a lot of follow up/patching work for BF4 I think. They might be closer and cheaper for you to send to. However I'm not sure of EA DICE Los Angeles address. It could be the EA address, which is 5510 Lincoln Blvd, Playa Vista, CA 90094, USA.

Please tell me you didn't break that poor beautiful joystick just to make the point!!
  • xxxRazerbackxxx
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Im going to be contacting them today about a refund. I played beta with no joystick support and saw stick greyed out so I was hopeful. Played trial today and its till grayed out. Ive always been a pilot in bf and ive always used legit flight controls. This feels like a total let down. I was real excited to get down in a bi plane with my saitek. using game pad or mouse and keyboard has taken all the realism out for me. Back to Star Citizen I go.
  • SirBobdk
    5321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cmon DICE, Worked for a Swedish company for 6 years. Do it for one of the Scandinavian boys :smile:
    Im going to be contacting them today about a refund. I played beta with no joystick support and saw stick greyed out so I was hopeful. Played trial today and its till grayed out. Ive always been a pilot in bf and ive always used legit flight controls. This feels like a total let down. I was real excited to get down in a bi plane with my saitek. using game pad or mouse and keyboard has taken all the realism out for me. Back to Star Citizen I go.
    Thanks for the input. I did not preorder, and only buying if they fix it.
  • MortiCat2
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    First, sorry for my bad English. As CaptaPraelium and others said here, BF1 don’t support DirectInput devices anymore (99% of USB controllers still work in DirectInput mode). In BF4 the first DirectInput controller was recognized and played well with keyboard.

Now BF1 only supports XInput so the only solution up to now is to use x360CE emulator and map your joystick/controller keys and analogs to Xinput signals. The joystick key bindings will become available for customization only if you select “custom” in the gamepad schemes section. But even in this case, the game won’t play well with mixed keyboard / joypad inputs (I can’t map the right stick for driving for example), basically the third column in key binding section is totally screwed up for PC version.

I’m astonished, I can’t believe they ignored the PC gaming community like this. If I don’t find out a way to get my G13 working like in BF4, I’ll request a refund and throw this s*t away.
  • soupy48
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please EA/DICE........give us the joystick. The resources used will be well worth it. I think you will lose many potential buyers.
    In my case, there are games I will not purchase because of no wheel support.
    Why not give us the joystick? No reason not to. If so, please tell us.
  • claorairsniper
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    wtf.... i bought this game thinking the greyed out joystick section was just because it was the beta...... i bought a new joystick for this game. this is pathetic and false advertising if they have joystick menus but than do not support them.... wtf...
  • Kuiriel
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Make sure you go here and hit ME TOO under OP so they see the number of users who are keen on this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/No-Joystick-Support-for-Planes-on-Early-Access/td-p/5621280

I posted a warning on reddit here. https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/5788a3/warning_bf1_does_not_have_joystick_support/
  • SirBobdk
    wtf.... i bought this game thinking the greyed out joystick section was just because it was the beta...... i bought a new joystick for this game. this is pathetic and false advertising if they have joystick menus but than do not support them.... wtf...
    Precisely. it is misleading and you are a good example. The option is there, but it does not work. Will it work, well that's up to the consumer to decide, because EA don't respond to the question.
    Will the consumer use the 24 hour rule for a refund ". Probably not since the option is there and it is probably perceived as a problem to be solved later.
    Consumers will buy this game in good faith (joystick users) in order to be sorely disappointed, so we try to draw attention to this problem.
    EA should answer this question so that the consumer is informed before purchasing.
  • NapalmMIL
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Here is my question about this?? Hopefully this makes sense..so im getting back on board with pc gaming and my question for this game is, is there a option to use mouse and keyboard for on foot and then use my xbox one controller for flying, or will one override the other. Ex. If i hook my xbox controller will it overwrite my M&K setup to where i can only use the controller and vice versa for the mouse and keyboard? Just a little confused on this part. Ideally i want to be able to play M&K for on foot and xbox controller for flying.
  • SirBobdk
    NapalmMIL wrote: »
    Here is my question about this?? Hopefully this makes sense..so im getting back on board with pc gaming and my question for this game is, is there a option to use mouse and keyboard for on foot and then use my xbox one controller for flying, or will one override the other. Ex. If i hook my xbox controller will it overwrite my M&K setup to where i can only use the controller and vice versa for the mouse and keyboard? Just a little confused on this part. Ideally i want to be able to play M&K for on foot and xbox controller for flying.
    Sorry, this is a thread for Joystick. Plz make a new thread regarding Xbox controller.
  • Kuiriel
    NapalmMIL, they have designed the game for just you. You can do exactly what you're asking to do. It won't override - both will work fine side by side. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for joysticks.

Oh, warning to anyone using xe360ce - I found that the joystick controls stopped working if I alt-tabbed while playing or if I didn't plug my joystick in until after I'd already launched the game.
  • NapalmMIL
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Kuiriel wrote: »
    NapalmMIL, they have designed the game for just you. You can do exactly what you're asking to do. It won't override - both will work fine side by side. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for joysticks.

Oh, warning to anyone using xe360ce - I found that the joystick controls stopped working if I alt-tabbed while playing or if I didn't plug my joystick in until after I'd already launched the game.

That does suck i know my father has always used the ff2 part of the reasoni came to pc for this game to squad up with him.
  • rainkloud
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I found a twitter reply from the Battlefield twitter dating back to June of this year:

I'm really hoping we can at least get an update with it being just days from release.
  • SirBobdk
    rainkloud wrote: »
    I found a twitter reply from the Battlefield twitter dating back to June of this year:

I'm really hoping we can at least get an update with it being just days from release.

Agree, that would be nice.
  • xcasxcursex
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Days from release? It's out. My friends are playing it right now while I sit here like the only responsible person in the country waiting to find out if keyboards, mice, and joysticks will work and if we'll be able to kick laggy players and hackers.

Yeh, I'm mad.
  • SirBobdk
    @CaptaPraelium wrote
    Days from release? It's out. My friends are playing it right now while I sit here like the only responsible person in the country waiting to find out if keyboards, mice, and joysticks will work and if we'll be able to kick laggy players and hackers.

Yeh, I'm mad.

Yaa, m2.
    Where are you from, Denmark here.
  • Lazy1nc
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    We're about a week from release. DICE please don't pull a Sean Murray and leave us hanging on this very basic question.

It's sad times. Practically no information on rental servers, no info on hardcore or platoons. I just hope Xbox controllers work, I was going to fly with one.
    Game looks like fun, hate to see the lack of important information being stalled.

Xbox controllers do indeed work, I use one when flying planes. ;]
  • xcasxcursex
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @CaptaPraelium wrote

Yeh, I'm mad.

Yaa, m2.

Australia.
  • SirBobdk
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @CaptaPraelium wrote

Yeh, I'm mad.

Yaa, m2.

Australia.

Nice, All Danes just love our Australian princess. :smile:

BTW, I have a Saitek Joystick and i could make the stick become a mouse using the profile editor.
    I have only tried it in BF4, but I could get it to work with all joystick options removed and only with mouse and keyboard bind.
    I could not feel any difference. I think it will work in BF1.