BF1 Server Pricing

Rev0verDrive
6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited October 2016
According to BF4Central.com the prices are going to be A LOT LOWER than traditional GSP's.
http://www.bfcentral.net/battlefield-1-server-price/
  • 1 Day: $1.49
  • 7 Days: $6.99
  • 30 Days: $24.99
  • 90 Days: $59.99

Updated with EA Official info : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/266290/#Comment_266290

PC
  • 1 day: $2.99
  • 7 days: $11.99
  • 30 days: $42.99
  • 90 days: $99.99
  • 180 days: $149.99

PLAYSTATION® 4 / XBOX ONE
  • 1 day: $1.99
  • 7 days: $7.99
  • 30 days: $26.99
  • 90 days: $64.99
  • 180 days: $99.99

BF4 PC comparison Gameservers.com 64p 30 days: $83.15 (1.29 per slot)
Did I not call this? Yes, I think I did. https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/190761/#Comment_190761
Post edited by Rev0verDrive on

Comments

• l-Snowblind-l
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    OK so what do i get for my 24.99 a month?

32 player for 24.99 if i am reading that correctly.

Cost for servers for consoles and PC users will be different will they not?

Limited control over the server?

Can I change the name?

Can I ban a cheating tard?

What kind of Admin tools do I get for my 24.99?

Can I make a Mix mode server?

Can I customize the Server message so when new users join so i can point them to a teamspeak or website so they they will feel at home in my community?

There are to many questions here to be excited about this info.

Thanks for the info though .. .keep digging .. find us the real answers we need o mighty guru of the forums B)
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    OK so what do i get for my 24.99 a month?

32 player for 24.99 if i am reading that correctly.

Limited control over the server?

Can I change the name?

Can I ban a cheating tard?

What kind of Admin tools do I get for my 24.99?

Can I make a Mix mode server?

Can I customize the Server message so when new users join so i can point them to a teamspeak or website so they they will feel at home in my community?

There are to many questions here to be excited about this info.

Thanks for the info though .. .keep digging .. find us the real answers we need o mighty guru of the forums B)

Some of this can be answered in Braddock's announcement post...which If memory serves has in fact been edited.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/34210/battlefield-1-rental-server-program
    What customization options will the players have?
    On a rented server, players will be able to customize gameplay aspects like server name, map rotation, game mode, various game play settings, and more. We might restrict number of game modes available at launch and gradually enable them based on feedback and other circumstances, but you can expect that we’ll keep adding customization options and UI design throughout 2016 and beyond.

My only concern that I did bring up in the old server post (the big one) is the rank status. I'm feeling more and more that anything outside of default Normal (- tickets/time) will be unranked. HC and FoW will be presets only so players can easily find them in the browser.
  • l-Snowblind-l
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The answer from Braddock is as GENERAL as the info in the article that you posted in your first post. No specifics.

It raises more questions than it answers ;)

But keep digging.. I await your knowledge o wise one of the forums.
  • Rev0verDrive
    But keep digging.. I await your knowledge o wise one of the forums.

lmao! I'm digging man sheesh.
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

My only concern that I did bring up in the old server post (the big one) is the rank status. I'm feeling more and more that anything outside of default Normal (- tickets/time) will be unranked. HC and FoW will be presets only so players can easily find them in the browser.

Very nice Rev. It would only seem logical that they were less expensive, its only one supplier (EA) and I had doubts they would try and milk more money out of rentals. All of the "monopoly" comments on the server thread can be silenced at this point. Unless the article is false ofc.

My opinion: I think everything you see in the server filter settings (hud, bullet damage, friendly fire etc) will be changeable without turning unranked, I think it will just become custom (no quick match traffic) and have the option (hopefully) of having a HC preset that allows matchmaking thus getting HC quick match traffic. It's hard to say what server setting changes will make a server unranked at this point. Only time will tell I guess.
  • l-Snowblind-l
    I get it Rev. ;)

And dont think I dont appreciate the effort you put into your post and responses.

I read a lot in these forums but dont say much. You are kind of **** and a know it all but you speak truth and facts and I respect that.

The information that has been given to us is very cryptic and needs more explaining if we are to swallow it.

and just to touch on one of Braddocks tidbits
    What does renting servers cost?
    Rental server costs will vary depending on the length of your rental and whether you’re playing on PC or console. Stay tuned for exact pricing info.

That leaves SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many things open for pricing.

So my question here is probably the biggest one that needs attention so we can get an accurate cost breakdown.

EA/DICE is great for charging for everything little thing that a game has to offer i see no reason for all of a sudden they are going to make this part easy and cheap.
  • Rev0verDrive
    Very nice Rev. It would only seem logical that they were less expensive, its only one supplier (EA) and I had doubts they would try and milk more money out of rentals. All of the "monopoly" comments on the server thread can be silenced at this point. Unless the article is false ofc.

It's not really the one supplier aspect that decreases costs. It's the Cloud based architecture. Cloud services run on an hourly usage pricing platform.
    My opinion: I think everything you see in the server filter settings (hud, bullet damage, friendly fire etc) will be changeable without turning unranked, I think it will just become custom (no quick match traffic) and have the option (hopefully) of having a HC preset that allows matchmaking thus getting HC quick match traffic. It's hard to say what server setting changes will make a server unranked at this point. Only time will tell I guess.

I get your perspective, but I'm sticking with what the info is telling me. And it's telling me a single stats and progression tracking preset.
  • Rev0verDrive
    I get it Rev. ;)

And dont think I dont appreciate the effort you put into your post and responses.

I read a lot in these forums but dont say much. You are kind of **** and a know it all but you speak truth and facts and I respect that.

The information that has been given to us is very cryptic and needs more explaining if we are to swallow it.

and just to touch on one of Braddocks tidbits
    Rental server costs will vary depending on the length of your rental and whether you’re playing on PC or console. Stay tuned for exact pricing info.

That leaves SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many things open for pricing.

So my question here is probably the biggest one that needs attention so we can get an accurate cost breakdown.

EA/DICE is great for charging for everything little thing that a game has to offer i see no reason for all of a sudden they are going to make this part easy and cheap.

Braddocks dropping info of some sort today or tomorrow.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Very nice Rev. It would only seem logical that they were less expensive, its only one supplier (EA) and I had doubts they would try and milk more money out of rentals. All of the "monopoly" comments on the server thread can be silenced at this point.
    The existence of a monopoly doesn't depend on the selling price of the product, all that is required is a lack of competition.

So many questions are unanswered, and even if these prices are correct we still don't know what we'll get for our money. I don't recall price being the issue people are upset about anyway, control is the issue people are upset about.
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I get your perspective, but I'm sticking with what the info is telling me. And it's telling me a single stats and progression tracking preset.

Im just throwing ideas really, either scenario is possible. I just think it will be quite similar to BF4 and Hardline in regards to rank/progression in that you can still do so on custom and hardcore servers. If not then not a problem, as long as they do offer a HC preset that does allow it. Progression may not matter to us but it matters to the majority.
  • l-Snowblind-l

By making a server PRIVATE should determine the ranking IMO.

It did in the previous BF titles
  • MADMONK-MM
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    That is console pricing for BF4 servers. I highly doubt pricing will be that cheap for PC considering they were around $70 a month for BF4. A few sites have that posted, don't believe it.
  • Rev0verDrive
    MADMONK-MM wrote: »
    That is console pricing for BF4 servers. I highly doubt pricing will be that cheap for PC considering they were around $70 a month for BF4. A few sites have that posted, don't believe it.

Consoles don't lease through 3rd party GSP's like Fragnet, gameservers.com etc do they? Honest question. Never leased for console. Point being the article infers PC server rental.
  • l-Snowblind-l
    edited October 2016
    MADMONK-MM wrote: »

Consoles don't lease through 3rd party GSP's like Fragnet, gameservers.com etc do they? Honest question. Never leased for console. Point being the article infers PC server rental.

Thats not quite correct Rev ... that article is relevant to only server rentals, it does not specify for what platform.

So like i said before the info that was release about server pricing only brings more questions to the table then answers ;)

• l-Snowblind-l
    edited October 2016
    How much will it cost?

PC
    1 day: $2.99
    7 days: $11.99
    30 days: $42.99
    90 days: $99.99
    180 days: $149.99

PLAYSTATION® 4 / XBOX ONE
    1 day: $1.99
    7 days: $7.99
    30 days: $26.99
    90 days: $64.99
    180 days: $99.99
    When will the Rental Server Program Launch?
    We’re excited to bring RSP to Battlefield 1 this November.

So there ya go .. pricing in a nutshell but if you read the rest of the updated thread https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/34210/battlefield-1-rental-server-program#latest they are working on the rest of the tools we will need to manage the servers. Lets hope they get that right ... in November o_0 might be a little late on getting that on out but we will see :wink:

EDIT Oh and this does not say weather or not this is 32 or 64 man servers lol o_0
  • Rev0verDrive
    EDIT Oh and this does not say weather or not this is 32 or 64 man servers lol o_0
    Yeah, I updated the OP with the info as soon as Braddock posted it.
    . . . . . .
    Didn't Braddock say that is was for 64?
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/266426/#Comment_266426
    As many people are comparing to console, we don't rent on console according to server size. It's one price. And it includes 64 slots plus commanders and spectators. I'll verify, but I believe it's the same way.

-Braddock512-

So for PC you'll essentially be leasing a 64+spec slotted server. You adjust accordingly based on your preference, or what the mode allows for (god forbid).
  • XPLORAH
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2016
    lowest demographic, highest charge lol. well at least u guys tell us it runs better on PC, well pay a better price then
  • Px-Progdogg
    edited October 2016
    XPLORAH wrote: »
    lowest demographic, highest charge lol. well at least u guys tell us it runs better on PC, well pay a better price then

The only thing that confuses me is if we are going to be the same as consoles then why is the pricing higher? Is it possible that we are getting more control? I'm struggling to find other reasons for it.

Also it looks like Kick/Ban will not be implemented from the get-go. Disappointing.

Among many other settings, players renting servers will be able to adjust:
    ticket count
    bullet damage
    modes
    weapons
    maps

"One of the top requested features if the Kick/Ban feature. We hear you and are working on rolling that out after the launch of the RSP."
  • Rev0verDrive
    edited October 2016
    XPLORAH wrote: »

Higher tick rates (60 default). Isn't console at 45Hz? PC may get more options here. 30, 45, 60, 75, 120.
  • Rev0verDrive
    edited October 2016
    Comparingly a 30 day 64p BF4 server runs anywhere between $74.88 and $83.15 @ 30Hz. That's a slot cost range of $1.17 to $1.29

BF1 slot costs ranges based on 64p....
    • 1 day: $2.99 ($0.0467 per slot) ~ (hourly slot $0.0019)
    • 7 days: $11.99 ($1.7128 per day) ~ ($0.0267 per slot daily) ~ (hourly slot $0.0011)
    • 30 days: $42.99 [slot cost $0.6717] ~ ($1.433 server per day) ~ ($0.0223 per slot daily) ~ (hourly slot $0.0009)
    • 90 days: $99.99 [slot cost $0.5207] ~ ($1.111 server per day) ~ ($0.0173 per slot daily) ~ (hourly slot $0.0007)
    • 180 days: $149.99 [slot cost $0.3905] ~ ($0.8332 server per day) ~ ($0.0130 per slot daily) ~ (hourly slot $0.0005)

BF4 slot costs ranges based on 64p 30Hz using the 2 base values listed above (GameServers.com vs NFOServers)
    • 30 days $74.88 [slot cost $1.17] ~ ($2.496 per day) ~ ($0.039 per slot daily) ~ (hourly slot $0.0016)
    • 30 days $83.15 [slot cost $1.29] ~ ($2.7716 per day) ~ ($0.0433 per slot daily) ~ (hourly slot $0.0018)
    Post edited by Rev0verDrive on