Weekly Debrief

two origin games on different ssds

TrueEmissary
28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited October 2016
Ok, here's the situation. I installed origin and BF4 on my first SSD (C:). Recently i purchased another bigger one and want to install further games there (E:).

I know Origin let you change the install path, but how affects this allready existing games in the library?

To sum up: it is possible to left BF4 on the old one and put BF1 to the new SSD? Or do i have to install (and unfortunaly to download) BF4 again to put BF1 to the new SSD?

edit: i hope it's the right forum here regarding this problem

Comments

• xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3866 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Have you tried moving the entire BF4 folder over to the new SSD?
  • TrueEmissary
    edited October 2016
    No, i hope to gather further informations before i try something. Atm i will probably change the installation path for BF1 and see, what's happening to BF4 on my old SSD.

Not happy about it to fly blind here, but well....

For BF1, without the expansions, there is still enough space, and to try moving the whole origin games folder, it's something to think about, when the expansions will be released.

But nevertheless, my favourite solution would be to leave BF4 at his old place and install BF1 directly to the new SSD.

edit: found a german blog relating to my problem. It should be possible to do so, but of course there's no answer about the correllations between BF4 and BF1 (new UI, etc.) and if Origin is able to handle both games at the same time on
    different installation paths.

Sigh.... i foresee to dl 100 Gigs in the near future.......on a 16k connection Xx

Post edited by TrueEmissary on
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3866 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    hmmmm....I would try copying everything over before re-downloading it just to see if it works in your last ditch effort

or you could leave BF4 where its at and just change the path in Origin when you want to play BF4. i know not the easiest or practical solution but just an option. Guess it all depends how often you plan on playing BF4 in the future.

-CB
  • TrueEmissary
    edited October 2016
    Ok, it works. BF4 on my old ssd and BF1 on my new one. Both games are working. :)

edit: why don't i have a BF1 marker here? oO
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    Ok, it works. BF4 on my old ssd and BF1 on my new one. Both games are working. :)

edit: why don't i have a BF1 marker here? oO

Try logging out and back in to see if the BF1 tag shows up.

what did you do to get both working?
  • TrueEmissary
    edited October 2016
    i only changed the Installation path in origin. BF4 is still working and starting normaly via origin.

edit: still no BF1 tag, even right now i'm logged in through the BF1 start site.....strange

there it is :D