No Joystick Support*

Comments

• TEXAS-CG
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You need to get this fixed before your release on the 21th or you are going to look like fools.
  • TwtchSquirrelyss
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ah, didnt realize there was already a thread for this! hoping things get fixed soon as id like to try flying
  • Fly1ngSqu1rr3l
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Seriously WTF. Why is there no native joystick support in this or Star Wars Battlefront?
  • XGDarkrage
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Seriously WTF. Why is there no native joystick support in this or Star Wars Battlefront?

My joystick worked fine with no tweaking or anything in the origin access trial period (10 hours of playtime).

Now the commands are greyed out but you can fix that by changing the control schemes options.
  • SirBobdk
    5080 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    XGDarkrage wrote: »

My joystick worked fine with no tweaking or anything in the origin access trial period (10 hours of playtime).

Now the commands are greyed out but you can fix that by changing the control schemes options.

It did not work for me in the beta, early access or now even with changing the control schemes options.
    What joystick are you using,
  • Hurmpie
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    To quote BFF's: "Who the what the why the hell the f*ck?!?". Dice f*ing XBOX lovers.
  • hyena005
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Worked fine with BF4, simply can´t really fly a plane without one. Why change it in BF1? Hope they will do something about it asap otherwise it is a joke.
  • Myztkl-Kev
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    apparently a dev confirmed on twitter they are working on support and apologized for not shipping with it
  • Blackbeardrs
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I like many others feel Joystick Support is a MUST HAVE for BF 1 (you would not want a racing game and drive with a M & K ), I found this while doing my daily searches in Hopes for a Player fix;

DICE recently confirmed that joystick support would be available in Battlefield 1. However, the company didn’t offer any details as to when this feature will actually become available. Most likely, joystick support will be enabled as soon as the game first patches are rolled out.

Article found here: http://windowsreport.com/battlefield-1-joystick-support/

Get us a Patch to fix this EA/DICE...
  • Gotyourshangen
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My Joy stick works fine in BF3 and 4 but not in BF1? Why not ? I cant believe it. I have a pc and it will not set the key bindings on my Saitek x 52 Total BS For PC Gamers
  • SirBobdk
    5080 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    My Joy stick works fine in BF3 and 4 but not in BF1? Why not ? I cant believe it. I have a pc and it will not set the key bindings on my Saitek x 52 Total BS For PC Gamers

Have Saitek X52.
    Inside Saitek profile editor you can change "x-axis" to "mouse x-axis" and "y-axis" to "mouse y-axis".
    You can also change 2 buttons to "left mouse" and "right mouse". Its not perfect but you can fly :smile: but have to use keyboard for throttle
  • CONVEEEN
    172 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The EA Support say this week come a patch who is fix Joystick support. But hey, this is the same if I ask my mother :D
  • SirBobdk
    edited October 2016
    CONVEEEN wrote: »
    The EA Support say this week come a patch who is fix Joystick support. But hey, this is the same if I ask my mother :D
    This week is today, hmm. Would be nice if true. But it is release date so why not
  • Blackbeardrs
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »

Have Saitek X52.
    Inside Saitek profile editor you can change "x-axis" to "mouse x-axis" and "y-axis" to "mouse y-axis".
    You can also change 2 buttons to "left mouse" and "right mouse". Its not perfect but you can fly :smile: but have to use keyboard for throttle

Good suggestion, I did this with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, everything worked except the movement controls, the game has accelerate & brake set to two buttons as well instead of the Throttle, I have tried everything I know and still no movement controls :(

Lets Hope EA/DICE fixes this FUBAR !!!
  • SirBobdk
    SirBobdk wrote: »

Have Saitek X52.

Good suggestion, I did this with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, everything worked except the movement controls, the game has accelerate & brake set to two buttons as well instead of the Throttle, I have tried everything I know and still no movement controls :(

Lets Hope EA/DICE fixes this FUBAR !!!

Have a Logitech to and tried the same. There's no option to change x/y-axis to mouse x/y axis :-(
  • r2Genesis
    very upset that the game shipped without native joystick support. I really hope a fix comes soon, this is preventing my friends from playing. some have even requested refunds. hopefully this gets fixed and persuades the players that refunded to come back.
  • FookDat
    629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My Logitech extreme 3d pro joystick will not recognize in this game only, works in all other games. very sad console/emulated game to PC. this is going to be my last battlefield game I buy since they wont give me a refund.... until they go back to there PC gaming roots and play style. This has become worse than CoD
  • vert240
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why does this happen every time with EA games. They launch and its incomplete! No flight control even though they confirmed its happening. If i can't use my flight stick setup soon I'm going to ask for a refund... Get you s*** together EA, stop producing games half a$$ed...
  • Statistic68
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they don't fix this sh#t VERY soon, they will lose me again like they did on Battlefront. It seems my BF days, since 1942, are coming to a close because I'm tired of this crappy game support. $128 fing dollars~!
  • duncanidahoyh
    Hi all,

I have the same problem with a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick.
    Please come on Dice, we are many waiting for it, and it is not a new issue with your games !