Battlefield 1 FPS drops!

Comments

• Kloakentaucher
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GTX 770 4GB
    i5 4670k
    Windows 8.1

Locked my FPS at 60. Most times about 40-55 FPS on lowest settings. Without locking my framerate I can reach up to 70 FPS. But only if there isn't any action. So I'm nearly always down at 50 FPS or lower. Changing to a mix between medium and high doesn't make a huge difference.
    I can't play Operations because of a Direct X error.
    This is just terrible...
  • JordanD98x
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dropping to mid 40s at times on some maps

GTX 1070 8GB
    i5 4460
    16GB RAM
    BF1 is on an SSD

DICE needs to sort this out, I'd like to buy games that actually work.
  • Tomba120
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Having 40-60 FPS on lowest settings. When I was playing closed aplha and open beta I was having over 90FPS on medium/high settings.

GTX 760 2GB
    FX-6100
    8GB RAM
  • PvtPNutz
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Str4yshot wrote: »
    You are experiencing a cpu bottleneck, like basically everyone else. It seems like people with top of the line i7's are the only ones who can keep the game at a consistently good frame rate. I really hope they do some optimization b/c its kinda ruining the game for me.

Can confirm
    I got i7 6700k +gtx 980ti game is very smooth at 90-120fps
    what is weird when i check cpu usage it says its 100% but i dont have any stuttering

i7 6700k, gtx 1070 - avg fps 60-70 and drops down to 50-30fps (not good) :(
    My cpu usage is only around 70% and fluctuates.

That is weird, I have the same setup and I get around 100 fps on Ultra (90 -110) depending on the map at 1440p. No crashes, no problems what so ever.
  • NoPhxGvn
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had a different FPS drop issue. Was playing a few games and had GPU near 100%, CPU around 50% and FPS hovering around 70. After awhile, the FPS dropped to around 30, GPU went to ~50% with huge spikes in frametime.
  • Silahsap
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I also have hard FPS issues. It's unplayable unless i put EVERYTHING on the lowest settings, but I still get FPS-drops then.
    DICE, please fix.

GTX 1070
    i5 6600K
    AsRock Z170 Pro4
    16 GB RAM
  • jurc05
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Same problem

Stutering in Amneis or something is the worst and the alpine one.

i5-4670K
    GTX 780
    WIN 7 64bit
    16 GB RAM
  • Titanfan_316
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the same dip from 130ish to 20 or lower, but it doesn't seem to effect my gameplay. I get no stutter/freezing and my CPU usage is normal when it happens. I use Precision X to monitor FPS so I kept Precision X open and also enabled the in-game FPS overlay and they did not match up. Precision X reported 20 FPS, while the in-game never went below 90FPS on ultra. Try it yourself and let us know what you get.
  • pr0pheten
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I7-3770K @ 4.2 ghz
    1070 gtx
    16 GB
    1440p @ 75- 85 fps ultra

Getting framedrops to 40-50 fps mostly when watching over open fields but can happen whenever. The drop last around 2-3 sec and this annoys me ^^ I bought an upgrade to play flawlessly
  • Bettolozzo
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I7-4790K @ 4.4 ghz
    980 gtx
    8 GB RAM
    WIN 10 64bit

It's unplayable, I keep experiencing drops from the 60s to the 40s-30s everytime I look at open areas ( and changing settings doesn't help ).
    DICE, will you ever release a game that works 100% at launch?
  • Draftus95
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sometimes I get alot of stuttering acociated witch that red icon in the corner which means that my frames are below 60 fps which they are not, I get around 75-100 fps with a gtx 1060 6gb and an I5 6400. This causes the game to stutter and sometimes it is gamebreaking. Btw it ONLY stutters when the icon appear, help would be appriciated :)
  • AeronildoGamer
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here. Changing to low or ultra has no impact in the stuttering. Fps keep flutuating between 40 - 60 fps (both singleplayer and multiplayer), causing scrren locks for less than 1 second. This is more noticeable in monte Grappa map. Other maps like Argonne i can maintain constant 60 fps.

FX 6300
    GTX 970
    16 GB RAM
    WINDOWS 7 SP1 -64 bit
  • Lazy1nc
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    If you're using an Nvidia card, set your maximum pre-rendered frames to 1 and your power management settings to "Prefer Maximum Performance".

I was having the same ridiculous issues in BF Hardline and Overwatch as well before making those adjustments.
  • XinU88
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Guyz I am also experiencing fps drops that occur randomly, going from 60-70 fps down to 10 etc.. Really annoying as you can imagine.
    Also i am experiencing a weird effect right after the match on the waiting screen(showing the highlights etc) the fps goes literally to 0 and comes back again.
    Playing at 4k max detail
    Specs :
    i7 5820k @ 4.4
    Titan x Maxwell @ 1380 core
    16 GB ram @ 2666
    X99 gaming 9 mobo

@Lazy1nc ok ill give that a try and report back thanks
  • yoss1994
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here.
  • XinU88
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @Lazy1nc Thank you very much my friend that indeed seems to fix it for me. no more fps drops.
  • Lazy1nc
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    XinU88 wrote: »
    @Lazy1nc Thank you very much my friend that indeed seems to fix it for me. no more fps drops.

Good to know man. ^^
  • Always_B_Closing
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm also getting random stuttering/hitches in both single and multiplayer. FPS counter is all over the map. I could be at 80fps and then hitch down suddenly to 40fps, and then back up to 80fps. There's no consistency. In the beta, it was silky smooth maintaining 60+. It's there even when I drop all settings to low detail. I'm at a complete loss now with troubleshooting. Is my CPU potentially the culprit here? It's been going strong for me up until now. Man, I felt so confident with that beta performance too...ugh.

Win 7 x64
    i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz
    16GB RAM
    GTX 970
  • AeronildoGamer
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    OMG, just played the map of the beta, while in beta stage i could play it smoothly now i have fps drops, stuttering...
  • KR0SSED0UT
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i5-6600k @4.5ghz, R9 380x.

Both CPU and GPU appear to be a bottleneck. Extremely frustrating as changing the settings does very little to reduce the strain on either.

I'm not experiencing the same freezing for 2-3 seconds like a lot of you appear to be. I reinstalled windows the night Battlefield 1 came out (fresh install, unrelated to the game launch) and while that's a **** solution, I haven't had this 'freezing' problem even once.

Certain maps I can get 1080p 72hz just fine, other maps I can't even get 1080p 60hz (regardless of changing settings.) Less impressed the more I play. I understand my GPU isn't the greatest but my 6600k is a silicon lottery champ and still hits 95% (I've gotten it to 5.1ghz on air).

I do get the serious stuttering with DX12 on. DX11 doesn't seem to exhibit it.

I have no idea how people with ANYTHING less than a 6600k/6700k are expected to play this game.