Weekly Debrief

Random stuttering issues

TROG695
15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited October 2016
At first I noticed that I would have stuttering issues on certain maps such as Amiens and St. Quentin Scar. I turned off the DX12 option, which seemed to make a difference. Now I've noticed that it doesn't seem to matter which map it is. It seems very inconsistent. For example I played on Monte Grappa yesterday and it ran smooth as butter. Everything was running good today and when I got to the same map, it was a stuttering mess. Completely unplayable. I've also had it reverse, where one day I was playing a map that was stuttering, and today the same map was running fine. It doesn't matter what video settings. I've turned everything to low and it's the same amount of stuttering. I'm not sure what else to try.

My specs are:
GTX 970 4gb
16 gb RAM
AMD FX 8350
Post edited by TROG695 on

Comments

• Equinoxx15
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the EXACT same problem.
    Game runs at 60 fps+ (on ultra) but i have random stutters and (like you said) it's completely unplayable
    Specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    8GB RAM
  • Greenfield44
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    The stuttering is most likely caused by your CPU and a lot of people are experiencing issues with it. The game is unplayable for me right now so we'll just have to wait for a fix.
  • TROG695
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    The stuttering is most likely caused by your CPU and a lot of people are experiencing issues with it. The game is unplayable for me right now so we'll just have to wait for a fix.

Glad to know that we are experiencing the same thing. Hope this gets sorted soon.
  • Aimless_Wonders
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Me too!

I am getting regular, several second, gigantic CPU and GPU spikes making the game freeze for several seconds.
    EA help sent me to a website describing how to update my drivers--not very helpful.

Not only have I updated my drivers, but also, ensured I don't have hyperthreading or parked cores, and reinstalled the game.
    I am very frustrated. The beta worked fine.

I have a 980ti STRIX, ASUS Maximus VIII and 8 GB of RAM

The game runs at 1440 at 80-90 FPS then suddenly drops to 0-10 for several seconds (in multiplayer. single player and even just the menus).

Please help!
  • yoss1994
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here, getting seriously annoyed.
  • sixZzsh0t
    208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    check your CPU usage. If it's at 100% that would be the issue. You will want to disable whatever is the highest core and it will distribute the workload correctly
  • Aimless_Wonders
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2016
    Based on task manager-resource manager it appears all 4 are running at 100% based on the graph...
    In fact if I run it windowed so I can see the game and Resource manager at the same time
    it says CPU usage is 131%
  • sn8kedr
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm having the same issues. Running on a i5 4670k, 16gb ram, and a GTX1080 Strix. Should be smooth as butter, getting really frustrated. Re-installed game and graphics drivers. This absolutely makes it unplayable in MP and SP.
  • Always_B_Closing
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Count me in. Same exact issues. Both MP and SP. Hitches like crazy. I can't play it under these conditions, it's way too frequent. Knocking all settings to low does nothing.

Win 7x64
    i5 3570k @ 4.2
    16GB RAM
    GTX 970
  • USAnonymous
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No issues with 2500k @ 4.0. 970, 16 g mem, windows 10. Runs on ultra with hbao off above 80 fps. 1920x1080 144hz.

Cpu usage is at 100% though.
  • BGxOverkill123
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    same issues with the same rig

GTX 970
    AMD fx 8350
    16 Gb