HELP?! Console to PC

NotTheGroza
6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Hey, guys! I have finally decided to switch from Xbox 360 to PC. I don't want to buy another console because I think I already have a decent PC to play on. I just have a few questions regarding my PC and its capabilities.

How do I find the specs?
Will these specs be okay to play with for right now?
How do I play online?
Do I have to pay to play online?
How do I use a mic to talk?

Comments

• Goooos3
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited June 2016
    How do I find the specs?

To Find your specs, download an application called "Speccy" by a company called Piriform. It's a completely safe application, and it's entire purpose is to help you find the specs of your system.

Until you know the specs, its way to hard to say. If it's a recent enough i5 with a decent Graphics card, you should be able to run it fine at above console specs.
    How do I play online?

First off you need to download the Origin Client. From there, like steam, you'll be able to make purchases, store your games and the like. Then, for battlefield Specifically, you'll need to login using your Origin login (Same username and password for these here forums) and from there, use the server browser to find a game.

Do you mean like Xbox Live Gold? No, not at all!

If you have a microphone inserted into the 3.5mm Pink Microphone input jack on the motherboard, you then go to your Windows control panel to set it up and control your levels etc. Battlefield uses the same Mic in as your default, so then you have a push to talk button setup in game to talk to your squad.

• xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3872 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Nothing has been released yet regarding specs but my guess would be that they will be similar to Battlefront specs which can be viewed in Origin.

Like I said....it's just a guess at this point in time.
  • Zabbat
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Type in DXdiag in your search bar and there you got everything, no need to download iffy software.
  • HVA_HEADBUSTA
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2016
    Hey, guys! I have finally decided to switch from Xbox 360 to PC. I don't want to buy another console because I think I already have a decent PC to play on. I just have a few questions regarding my PC and its capabilities.

How do I find the specs?
    How do I play online?

Don't bother downloading extra programs to figure out your specs. Windows will tell you everything you need to know already.

Either open up "Run" or "Search" in the start menu and type in "dxdiag". This will open up the DirectX diagnostic tool, which will list out all your hardware components.
  • No1StingerUserUK
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    How do I find the specs?
    Start > Run > "dxdiag" > CPU and RAM are in the System tab, Video Card info is in the Display tab.
    Depends, what are they? The system requirements for any given game will be on the store page you buy it from on Steam, Origin or Uplay.
    How do I play online?
    Just start the game and navigate through the menus like you would on console. For Battlefield you start Origin and then pick a server using Battlelog.
    No.
    Plug your mic in and install the drivers. Some games have built-in VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol). To chat with friends in games which don't have that functionality built in you'll need a VOIP Client.

TeamSpeak ( http://www.teamspeak.com/ ) is the most widely used one but Discord ( http://discordapp.com/ ) is an alternative which is more user friendly.
  • Fr33Think3r
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

How do I find the specs?
    How do I play online?

Right click start menu, click control panel and click system. It will show what you have.
    To play online you download Origin from the EA website or Battlefield will redirect you there. You should get at least a 4 core processor and at least a r9 370 or GTX 950 at a minimum.
    Ideally you'll want an 8 thread processor and a GTX 970 or R9 390 to play on max settings.

But since they just came out with new GPU's I'd say buy a RX 480.
  • GeostalkerBFFs
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    of course pc
  • Mikex2112
    1016 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    You questions have already been answered in the other thread you started a few days ago.Why are you starting a new one asking the exact same thing?