Objective names like Apple and Butter are pathetic and riduclous

Comments

• TheSilentGuy65
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'd love to hear, "We are losing Objective Nuts"

I have one question. Will the voice say English for German, or Atleast have a German accent. And even then, will we have the Germans phonetic alphabet? We already see from gameplay that the German soldiers call out enemies in German. I'd love for everything to be in German
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2016
    I don't speak German, I wonder what the commentary is when your soldiers on the other side?
    Should be Objective Alpha, or Objective Bravo, or Charlie!
    Did the Germans use a for alpha and so on to? Doubt it.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buchstabiertafel#Geschichte

Scroll Lil bit down there u see the German Phonetik since 1905 with slightly changes afterwards

Hier international

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelling_alphabet#Latin_alphabets
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I guess authentic language is cool and all, bu seeing as I don't speak german I'll have no clue what the announcer is saying when I'm on that side.
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    -Face desk-
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    -Face desk-

I hope you didn't hurt the desk
  • IAmNotImpressed
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2016
    Mauldin96 wrote: »
    I really hope Dice was kidding with the voices and code names we heard at E3. That will make myself and many other people not even buy the game. Is it a war game, or is it a joke ? I feel like shes kidding when the female leader tells them "Were losing object Apple" or "were gaining control or Objective Butter." That is so stupid, sorry to say. It takes so much away from the gameplay and the feel of it. I dont know what the thought process was by giving them such stupid code names and I PRAY to god they are removed before launch.

Objective names are ok and authentic. The problem is the voice - it's completely out of place. We should have voicing that is believable. For more authenticity each side should have its own voicing with national accent and names of objectives this particular side used, so that we don't hear perfect english playing as ottoman.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I don't use a mic but if I did, I would be reluctant to say take Flag "Butter".
  • DrVeloxcity
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What worries me more is how many automatic weapons seem to be available. It looks like this game is going to play almost exactly like BF4, which isn't necessarily a bad thing I was just hoping for a sloewer team based game

I would like Team Based, but Battlefield 4 was already slow as hell on certain maps such as Goldmud, or Rogue, etc.

More teamwork based would be better, but faster, would also be better. I'd like a mix in speed somewhere in the middle between Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline.
  • heast1
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    apple marmalade is fine
    "apple marmalade is cooked. i repeat. apple marmalade is cooked"
  • snakeheadinvade
    2659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I really hope Dice was kidding with the voices and code names we heard at E3. That will make myself and many other people not even buy the game. Is it a war game, or is it a joke ? I feel like shes kidding when the female leader tells them "Were losing object Apple" or "were gaining control or Objective Butter." That is so stupid, sorry to say. It takes so much away from the gameplay and the feel of it. I dont know what the thought process was by giving them such stupid code names and I PRAY to god they are removed before launch.

honestly it annoys me and id rather then say "we lost an outpost" or "we lost the western out post" i now apples and all is realistic it really just gets on my nerves.
  • redzuluzulu0096
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member

honestly it annoys me and id rather then say "we lost an outpost" or "we lost the western out post" i now apples and all is realistic it really just gets on my nerves.

Why would it get on your nerves? That's just odd. "I can't handle the fact that they're using proper WW1 phonetics!!! ARRGH" Really?
    No offense, but that's got to be symptomatic of OCD.

Anyone that wouldn't buy the game based on the use of WW1 phonetics wouldn't be missed. The less uneducated or neurotic dullard morons, the better.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    Not sure why this is a problem. "We lost objective alpha" is fine, but not "objective apples" which is era specific and accurate.

Basically what I am reading is "I don't like change"
  • m1k3ol
    811 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    Maybe they don't like apples but want lemons and oranges...
  • MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Daza792 wrote: »
    Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc. are from the NATO phonetic alphabet used since 1956. During WW1 (1914-18) these were genuine phonetics used.

Apples
    Butter
    Charlie
    Duff
    Edward
    Freddy
    George
    Harry
    Ink
    Johnnie
    King
    London
    Monkey
    Nuts
    Orange
    Pudding
    Queenie
    Robert
    Sugar
    Tommy
    Uncle
    Vinegar
    Willie
    Xerxes
    Yellow
    Zebra

excellent post.

it really makes me wonder what schools are teaching kids these days.

i mean you had even people worrying about lock on in BF1.....

The funny thing is that faintly remember that WWI was rarely brought up in school. All they said was pretty much this "it was all trench warfare, it was boring, trench foot was a disaster, shell shocked soldiers etc..."

WWII was discussed frequently in history class while WWI was sidelined.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »

Pretty much 100% of the people I play with while using a mic just say "B"....or "A".

Also, there's nothing stopping you from saying "Bravo", I'm pretty sure everyone that plays the game is going to know what you're talking about.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Pretty much 100% of the people I play with while using a mic just say "B"....or "A".

Also, there's nothing stopping you from saying "Bravo", I'm pretty sure everyone that plays the game is going to know what you're talking about.

"NO, STICK TO THE CORRECT ALPHABET!" - every milsim clan ever
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3862 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited June 2016
    I would like to add that today's military phonetic alphabet, using alpha, bravo, wasnt established until the 1950's.

Here's a list of the phonetics used during WWI:
    Apples
    Butter
    Charlie
    Duff
    Edward
    Freddy
    George
    Harry
    Ink
    Johnnie
    King
    London
    Monkey
    Nuts
    Orange
    Pudding
    Queenie
    Robert
    Sugar
    Tommy
    Uncle
    Vinegar
    Willie
    Xerxes
    Yellow
    Zebra
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not sure why this is a problem. "We lost objective alpha" is fine, but not "objective apples" which is era specific and accurate.

Basically what I am reading is "I don't like change"

Its just your typical uneducated child thats all. ¬_¬
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

"NO, STICK TO THE CORRECT ALPHABET!" - every milsim clan ever

I can see it now. You join a milsim server and the rules on the loading screen state "Don't say Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, or Delta over the mic, or you get banned".
  • robkrush
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My guess is there will be an option to turm off the commentary. Then this will be a non issue. I winter is the prealpha had access to the options and sometimes that participated could comment?
This discussion has been closed.