Servers - South Africa

Acheul
50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hi,

I Just like to ask the following question , In SA we have a large battle field community.Most of us have supported EA / Dice since BF 1942 , BF2 and up-until BF4 , there was always local servers in South Africa. Yet BF1 comes out and probably one of the most exciting BF games in awhile and yet there is no servers in South Africa. We have to connect to servers in Europe where we have to play on a average ping of 200 and higher. I really love BF1 , its just such a shame that EA / Dice has decided not to have any local servers in South Africa , the whole BF community is very disappointed that EA did not release any servers locally. My question to EA /Dice will you deploy servers in South Africa is that an option ? There is so many players in South Africa that wants to play the game ?

Regards.

Comments

• AtomicWeazel
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have a solution for them, instead of hosting here locally and for SEA (they also lack local servers) instead change the policy to allow third parties to host in countries that they DO NOT have local servers for. wont cost them a dime and then everyone over here in South Africa and over in South East Asia are happy and can play on low ping servers whilst they can still have their "Quility Controlled" servers in the US/UK/¯\_(ツ)_/¯/AUS. EA please heed your calls
  • AtomicWeazel
    They seem to have censored the word J-A-P in my post above^
    I have a solution for them, instead of hosting here locally and for SEA (they also lack local servers) instead change the policy to allow third parties to host in countries that they DO NOT have local servers for. wont cost them a dime and then everyone over here in South Africa and over in South East Asia are happy and can play on low ping servers whilst they can still have their "Quility Controlled" servers in the US/UK/****/AUS. EA please heed your calls

• ShadowXFX_ZA
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah this seems like an easy solution :)
  • Acheul
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We need to , like i said i love BF1 such a great game.Love the campaign map but i bought the game for the multiplayer aspect of the game.Played this weekend and there is no way that we can compete on any level when you have a ping of 200 plus.
  • posmeester
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There are over 15000 BF4 players in South Africa, surely that number of potential BF1 players justify at least a couple of local servers.
  • Acheul
    I could not have stated it better sop....
  • tWRX_ZA
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    posmeester wrote: »
    There are over 15000 BF4 players in South Africa, surely that number of potential BF1 players justify at least a couple of local servers.

Hi Posmeester.

To true, we are all but a small community, in that we host servers here locally to not just to South Africans, but also Zimbabwe as well as Namibians to! This is the entry point for AFRICA! if they don't feel the need to invest in this continent for any future games that's fine, but they need to realize that it will hurt their pocket at the end of the day. The move and decisions they make with this will determine a major setting for any future games that any Southern African or person from this continent for that matter will take and the consequences of the decision they make will stick with them for a very, very long time.

They are also shooting themselves in the foot, with a lot of people that I know personally not wanting to buy the game, due to Local Servers not being provisioned.

Any way EA, ball is in your court, and we would like to hear from you how much you value customers whom supported you with this game.
  • Toothpick_ZA
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There may still be light at the end of the tunnel as the in-game server browser has a filter for the Africa region. Perhaps this means good news? Anyone would agree that playing on a 200+ms ping is far from enjoyable. BF1 is a stunning game and it would be a real shame if South African gamers were not given the local servers we need for this game. Paying the amount that we did for the base game may be worth it by looking at the single player campaign. However, I certainly will not be buying premium if we can't play locally. Come on EA!!!!
  • AtomicWeazel
    edited October 2016
    Please share this thread with friends and family or your preffered social media, we just need this to gain enough traction! EA you can easily solve this for us all if you just edit your new policy to allow third parties to host in the countries that you are not supporting. 2 of our biggest ISP's (Mweb and Telkom) Would love to host servers here and it wouldn't cost you guys a dime. (if we do not gain enough attention via this thread I will start a petition this friday 2016/10/28 to formally address EA to please rethink its policy for the sake of all the smaller countries and communities all over the world that they aren't going to support with official locally hosted servers)
  • MAGNUSDUCTOR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 Look at this.
  • ZA_Pikachu
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm a big Battlefield fan. I played Battlefield 1942, 2, 2142 and 4. I pre-ordered Battlefield 1 and played the beta, but I still feel done in by the lack of SA servers. It's not like there is a lack of players as evidence by our Battlefield 4 servers. I am having a blast on battlefield 1, the game is excellent but I can't recommend it to everyone I know due to the lack of local servers. If you were in a European country like Germany you still have the option of French or Belgian or even UK servers without much difference in ping. However, due to Internet access leaving South Africa is very limited by one or two cables stretching over half of the globe (SEACOM) it is ridiculous to expect competitive play from SA to UK.

My fear is however that once further server customisation overseas becomes available the first step would be to kick players with a high ping i.e. the SA players.

Kind reguards
    The Pikachu
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's good how Antarctica has servers but Africa, SEA and the Middle East don't. I hope this doesn't end up being a repeat of BF4 with Russians, Arabs and Brazilians lagging out the servers.
  • tWRX_ZA
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This decision to disallow third party servers honestly had me perplexed when I heard about it. South African servers cater for most of Africa and other neighbouring countries. That's a lot of players that have been completely disregarded by EA. First the decision to jack up the origin prices was a huge blow. R1000 for the base game and R1900 for Ultimate!!!!! I don't even live in South Africa! Origin saw SA as the closest store and forced those prices on us. Feel really bad for my SA BF brethren as the price range for BF1 is simply outrageous. Now the fact that there aren't even any local servers to play on is simply a joke. I canceled my pre-order because of this and I know of many who have done so as well. I'm not buying it unless it gets either SA or SEA servers (Where I live I can access both with reasonably good ping) although i do prefer the SA servers as the community tends to be a bit friendlier. I honestly hope EA do something about this whole server issue as its preventing a good number of people from enjoying this game. The lack of information about this issue and any relevant answers regarding the server rental program is quite disconcerting tbh. Really hope EA address this quickly. Lets keep this thread going for awareness.

Most definitely Baron, I have already spread the word to my fellow comrades and justice will follow swiftly. I honestly do appreciate voicing your opinion about our problems despite the fact that you aren't locally here, I would ask that you spread the word to more people.

Some of my friends have also started with this now on social media, and we will get the attention required to make a change. We cannot simply leave this issue and pretend it will go away on its own, we expect answers, and solutions.

I will be joining the petition that AtomicWeazel is drafting, and we demand proper feedback and answers, we are owed that much as paying customers (Yes, we forked out a ton of money for this game!). There is a certain level of business practice and ethics involved and you cannot sell a product that you cannot provide a service for in this country.
  • Origen_UnKnOwN
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I cannot understand what EA/DICE/ BF1 developers wants us to do. Do they want us to complain, beg, demonstrate our dismay, or what? Why do we have to tell them that we require local servers? Never before have they hinted that the BF4 server model - where South Africa have quite a few servers – is not working? Why can we not host our own servers?
    All the other aspects mentioned previously can only be emphasised and supported.
    I just hope there is not some sinister move to keep everything centralised (like M$ Win 10) in order to get revenue from advertisements or something similar. If EA could prove their drive to centralise is more effective in curbing cheaters, I would have supported them, but the number of hackers on the open Beta proved that statement wrong. So EA, why can we as Africa not get our own servers?
    Pick one:
    Beg = Please?
    Complain = You arrogance is unacceptable!
    Dismay = @#$@$#@%$!!
  • Griff3nZA
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is relevant to my interests.

[Posting for notifications]