When will battlepacks become purchasable?

Comments

• RosscoSan
    769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Rather than real cash I'd prefer to earn 1 - 5 bits of scrap per game, so at least you can buy them with scrap if you are unlucky like me.
  • xdistrictzzx
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    well... you cant get weapons of battlepacks ,only skins ..beside the 2 melee weapons . I don't think you have to worry about the game getting ruined..thats my opinion
  • sykarian30
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    55lvl and only things I'm missing are legendary melee weapons and Arditi.
  • lmicl
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2016
    1: Personally, I've gotten 25 battlepacks in my 30 hours of gameplay. PTFO and stay high on score boards is how I managed it.

2: We do NOT NEED microtranscations in a 60 dollar game. Ask for higher drop rates not the option to purchase with cash. If its purchasable then EA just might LOWER the drop rate to pump up sales. I cant believe people nowadays are being sheeped into WANTING TO SPENT MORE MONEY
  • DocEnglish
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Played 30 hours, got two battlepacks. One for coming top on the winning side once.

Before anyone says git gud, you have to have the top score on the winning side to get a guaranteed battlepack, the rest are random.
  • Muggs786
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I can't believe their asking ppl to pay for weapon skins? That's sad. Why can't they create a system they have for medals but for skins.
  • iFistyoSis
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I noticed that playing Team Deathmatch gets you more battlepacks than conquest or operations. A TDM game lasts 10-13 mins and there are only 24 players so you chances are higher. Last night I got 5 battlepacks in like 2 hours and a half.
  • Muggs786
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    HotahO_X wrote: »
    I noticed that playing Team Deathmatch gets you more battlepacks than conquest or operations. A TDM game lasts 10-13 mins and there are only 24 players so you chances are higher. Last night I got 5 battlepacks in like 2 hours and a half.

This is correct. I need only "the mexican" and I will have all revision 1 has to offer.
  • diagoro
    1593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There's zero reason to spend real money on battlepacks. It's all worthless weapon skins and weapons you can already unlock other ways. In short, nothing in them will help you play better or lvl faster (though they do say xp boosts are included, but never heard of them dropping). Buying monster for them is an even greater waste of money, since you have to buy the large $5 can or multi can boxes.

The system worked in BF4, but has been dumbed too far down, to where most see them as pointless.
  • elSynystr0
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Geez...guys you don't have to buy battlepacks. If you wanna show your ******* to the community with your legendary skins, then buy some awesome packs and be happy with them. I prefer collecting scraps from skins and buy battlepacks. Btw you can buy packs in BF4, Hardline, (wich contains more than just skins) but none seems to complaining about them (nor in the past).
    Post edited by Sawtooth75 on
  • KevinSnijder9
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You know, I agree. I want them to be purchesable. I really want that baddass knife. Just need 4 more pieces.
  • Kargion
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    I don't mind them not being micro transactions, but how you get them im confused on. Ill play 5 matches and get 2 battlepacks, but then I will play 10 matches and get 0. What the hell is it based on? It seems random. I have been number 1 on my team and no battlepack so I don't think its skill.

I think it would be cooler if you had like a battlepack progress bar so you know after so much work you get one and its more regular than this random thing happening. Or each round you earn some scrap.

Also a note to the haters on making it have a pay way too. It being pay, has 0 effect on you. You don't have to pay if you don't want, but if people do want to pay thats ok too.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    people wanna buy this things with real money? lol... battlepacks are a joke,there's just muuuch to less stuff to unlock. why aren't there like 100 different melee variants(10 axes with little differences etc),15 skins for every weapon and some character customization stuff? it doesn't has to be unrealistic pink camo,i don't want that as well. but customization atm is nearly non existent,which is kinda disappointing.
  • Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    elSynystr0 wrote: »
    Kirk40k wrote: »
    I'm guessing they will make them purchasable with real money in the future

Hopefully this never comes to pass. If you think players are upset now with the randomness of getting a Battlepack, imagine the reaction if micro transactions were introduced.

With today's patch they added a menu ingame where you can buy battlepacks but it's not active yet.

I saw that today. Well it's a free market and no one is forcing anyone to purchase them.
  • Shezoremet
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol at buying battlepacks. Is there an end to the stupid things people will throw money at? It's not even something anyone is ever going to see. May as well pay for the oxygen entering your lungs.
  • TheRealCamin
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lmicl wrote: »
    1: Personally, I've gotten 25 battlepacks in my 30 hours of gameplay. PTFO and stay high on score boards is how I managed it.

2: We do NOT NEED microtranscations in a 60 dollar game. Ask for higher drop rates not the option to purchase with cash. If its purchasable then EA just might LOWER the drop rate to pump up sales. I cant believe people nowadays are being sheeped into WANTING TO SPENT MORE MONEY

I don't understand people care if other people want to pay money for cosmetics... It doesn't change the game for anyone else, if you don't want to spend money on them that's great. I don't plan on buying them but why would I care if some random person spent their own money to get a gun skin.
  • JamesBlond420
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    y guys are so toxic if thers someone that needs to be kicked out of forums its y guys. we dont want to play 12 hours just to get 1 pack (and yes thats true), we never even asked for y guys opinion either, just answer the quastion and move on with your day. We just want a easier and more relible way to get skins, btw if y dont like skins y dont have to roast someone for it. (im a csgo player) on csgo players use alot of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ money on skins that dont give a better odd to win a gun fight but we buy it cause we want to, and y guys arent going to stop us! have a good day everyone, and pls dont think just about your taughts be abit open for other opinions
  • FINALxB
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    This is the first time I've seen somebody actually ask for micro transactions in a full price AAA game. KEEP. THEM. OUT.

Yes. It shouldn't be considered.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People just want to take shortcuts and have everything straight away. Problem is EA is sure to oblige. Sad.
  • elSynystr0
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    People just want to take shortcuts and have everything straight away. Problem is EA is sure to oblige. Sad.

So true. Just wait until they make shortcuts for each class. And a lvl 1 newbie can run around with the Selbstlader, Martini Henry, etc.. I mean its not rly a big deal, cuz obviously when you have more experience with a gun (any gun) you are better than a newbie with the best gun. And Im sure that DICE will keep produce the skins because ppl will buy them. Its almost like in CS:GO...just can't trade.