Will there be lock ons in this game?

Amgtree
154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I know ww1 didn't have any complicated stuff like lasers and what not. But it would still be cool if we had some type of lock on device. Maybe rockets with lots of aim assist or some type of alien weaponry. In bf4 and 3 air is over powered even with lockons in the game. Imagine that but w/o lockons

Comments

• 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sure they'll find a way to add them.
  • Amgtree
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    > @Keif68 said:
    > I'm sure they'll find a way to add them.

cool looking forward to this game
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    0/10 come on at least put some effort.
  • gixxerreese
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    No lock ons it is ww1 deal with it.
  • king4nor
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2016
    no, it wont come it hink.
    Post edited by king4nor on
  • IzzyGoneCrazy
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Boy, I hope not. I'm not a big fan of lock on weapons.
  • CloneCommando49
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2016
    bullets hurt everything back then. a .44 round would pierce tank armor. what do you think bullets would do to a flying wooden frame with cloth...? lock on is over excessive. everything had huge drawbacks back then. personally, i would like to see weapon jamming being a thing. that was the bane back in those times and was what forced melee.
  • Rusted_Ace2013
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Given that World War 1 occurred about 100 years ago, no lock on weapons existed at that time period as a lot of the technology and vehicles used back then were in their early days and lock-on weapons didn't exist then. For that reason, there will very likely be no lock-on weapons in BF1 as others have said. Also, the vehicles back then are nowhere near as tough as today's military vehicles so all one would have to do to destroy a vehicle is fire enough bullets and/or throw explosives at it.
  • MiasmaGrowlmon
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No. No. No. No. Please no.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Homing pigeons
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    There is not a single device in existence during WW1 that locked on
  • Noob89612
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2016
    0/10 come on at least put some effort.

So true.
    There is not a single device in existence during WW1 that locked on

Really Shark? all this guy does is post troll material. Check his BF4 threads LoL..This one is just really obvious. Silly Mod.

But hey, do you think they will have mavs/jets or vampires? what kind of alternate timeline are we talking?Maybe all the real life vampires were almost completely wiped out in some sort of fantastic untold tale of Vampire Heroism saving the world from whatever WW1 was about....or aliens
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    I don't really pay attention to low skill trolling. I know people who say dumb things like this all the time seriously, so it is much harder for me to pick out
  • Hessuniemii
    970 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2016
    i don't even recognize people yet without the Avatars :p
    well Soon™
  • Dalton-W-2001
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    OK. This is a good question to ask because it's in World War 1 ,and no one knew what lock on was at the time being. So if there are going to be lock on weapons. Just shoot me please because I play Battlefield for the realism. Not having futuristic weapons that didn't exist at that time period.
  • Amgtree
    OK. This is a good question to ask because it's in World War 1 ,and no one knew what lock on was at the time being. So if there are going to be lock on weapons. Just shoot me please because I play Battlefield for the realism. Not having futuristic weapons that didn't exist at that time period.

they could use alternate timeline stuff or just good aim assist
  • Hessuniemii
    970 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    because I play Battlefield for the realism

This Makes me cringe :confounded:
This discussion has been closed.