This Week in Battlefield V

DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• Cendrake84
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    One odd thing I have found is after the crash my FPS will drop by almost half if i just load the game back up without a full restart of the whole system.
    Before crash my FPS is 70-100+ have it capped at 100. After crash it will run around 40-60 FPS. I connot figure what it is that is hanging it up.
    GPU EVGA GTX770 SC 2GB
    CPU 4770k
    RAM 24GB 1866mhz

Personally, I don't have this problem, but someone else mentioned it in the last 10-20 pages lol. He said his GPU clocks down after the error or something like that and he either has to restart or use some program to set it back to normal. Just sift through the last couple pages here, he explained it.
  • Captain_Cowkill
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    bartez300 wrote: »
    A new Nvidia patch is out (375.63).

ye, since 2 days. gz sherlock

2 days ago it was on beta. It just has been released on GeForce Experience. No need to be rude.
  • Noob_William
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    m0ntus- wrote: »
    m0ntus- wrote: »
    770 gtx again. i limited the frames to 50 with a user.cfg in the install directory and the command gametime.maxvariablefps 50. pretty stable for me now, mid graphic settings. 8 maps in a row now

how do you do this? i would like to do that to 40-45 for my rig and try it.

there you go https://diaryofdennis.com/2016/08/11/how-to-create-a-config-file-for-battlefield-1/
    tried a few framerates first but got to 50 pretty quick

So far its working 50 fps (2 games)

Keep us update!
  • SportsDudeJ
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Hey everyone, we have previously escalated this issue to the Studio for investigation.
    I'm seeing some feedback from members of the community saying to roll-back drivers, etc.
    Will work to get more information and will share any details I receive.
    Thanks.

-Braddock512-

Thanks for replying! Do you know anything about the driver limit that was added on launch? I know almost nobody had issues with the beta at all and if its truly driver related and not on the game itself then maybe trying the driver we all know works from beta could do something? That could also not be a possibility at all but I have no idea :lol:
  • TeH_Oh
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Finally after 1.4k replys someone official from EA says something about this!
  • cooerebuss
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How are we supposed to roll back drivers when the game won't let us start with drivers older than certain ones?
  • muttBunch
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you kind Sir Braddock512, you sir of kindness - much appreciated. Hope this can get resolved quickly.
  • LordJazios
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hey everyone, we have previously escalated this issue to the Studio for investigation.
    I'm seeing some feedback from members of the community saying to roll-back drivers, etc.
    Thanks.

-Braddock512-

Thanks for the response dude, it really means a lot to all of us I'm sure.
  • IlcursonlI
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks.

-Braddock512-

Glad to know this is being evaluated and looked after. This kind of feedback could have come a bit sooner, but it's important for us all, with the game barely playable, that this is being actually taken care of. Hopefully more news and a fix will soon come.

Thank you!
  • IEnumerable
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks.

-Braddock512-

It's nice that you guys are looking for this thread. Thanks for the feedback to community.

Guys, I have a possible solution. In the path where the game is instaled (my machine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1) I added a file called user.cfg. Everytime the game loads, this file executes over the game prompt. I add the command to limit the FPS, for sample:

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 65

I've been playing now for 2 hours and no crashes, but, I really want to see a patch from DICE to fix it officially.
  • uzurxx
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    No more dxerror for me today.

All iv changed my pulpit composition from "Windows 10" to "Windows" // dunno if this did the trick

my specs : GTX770 MSI i54670k 8Gigs RAM
    vsync off
    fov 80 / 80
    memory restrictions ON
    borderless
    full hd
    rest auto

edit//
    WRONG CALL 3h play w/o any error , couple of campains and DM's , then single Mountain Grape and after 3 min fuking dxerror ****
  • RedRiveRR_
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks.

-Braddock512-

Was about time. Im thankful for a reply, even though that does not do anything. Keep us up to date please. We waited by far too long for such a price for the game.
  • mrxkronz
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just received the error again :(

DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX770", Driver: 37557
  • Warzone225
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Didn't get the error today after the driver update but honestly i'm just expecting for it to return
  • JaggsLeviathan
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have been experiencing the error regularly since launch. GTX 680. I've done everything the original poster lists. Sometimes it will work for hours, other time it will be every game. After today driver updates and game updates I have yet to finish a game without the crash. Incredibly frustrating.
  • WikiManCZE
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    uzurxx wrote: »
    No more dxerror for me today.

All iv changed my pulpit composition from "Windows 10" to "Windows" // dunno if this did the trick

my specs : GTX770 MSI i54670k 8Gigs RAM
    vsync off
    fov 80 / 80
    memory restrictions ON
    borderless
    full hd
    rest auto

edit//
    WRONG CALL 3h play w/o any error , couple of campains and DM's , then single Mountain Grape and after 3 min fuking dxerror ****

That's all you did and no more crashes ?
  • OldTomBombadil8
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i cant even finish a match of operations without it crashing,. fix this **** broken game!
  • Warzone225
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah, sure enough. After 6 matches the error returned.
  • Netsky4life
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks.

-Braddock512-

It's nice that you guys are looking for this thread. Thanks for the feedback to community.

Guys, I have a possible solution. In the path where the game is instaled (my machine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1) I added a file called user.cfg. Everytime the game loads, this file executes over the game prompt. I add the command to limit the FPS, for sample:

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 65

I've been playing now for 2 hours and no crashes, but, I really want to see a patch from DICE to fix it officially.

indeed this works for me to ! set mine to 50 fps and played 4 games in a row no crash at all and my 50 fps stil gave me 4 times a positive kd one time even 2:1 ratio :) so 50 fps is playable
This discussion has been closed.