The big Easter egg hunt has started again - Discussion topic

Comments

• Sir_Jordangerous
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    majorgame1 wrote: »
    i just found the same painting from ballroom blitz with the same pigpen cipher on amiens

If it's the same painting, let's see what painting get it is, if it's based off a real one, compare them, or look at that painting for other clues too. Maybe try to access the back? I'll explore some of that and see what I come up with.
  • JFRESH86
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    "The most commonly used codes were simple substitution codes. More important messages generally used mathematical encryption for extra security, though. The use of these codes required the distribution of codebooks to military personnel, which proved to be a security liability since these books could be stolen by enemy forces."

There has been mention of the Caesar cypher, but there are multiple keys and thus far I haven't come up with anything useful. Compounding the difficulty is the possibility these messages are written in foreign languages. We should match the language with the armies on the specific map and try deciphering those. We also need to keep a look out for anything "mathematical" on the maps as well. Some of the numbers in the decoded sequences may act as a specific key identifier from a code book or a multiplier of some sort...

Or maybe we're all nuts!
  • JFRESH86
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Code from Stone Mountain's Google Doc page for Amiens:

GO SET XKG OR FOXM ETH
    SETE RRMM MRN

Code in German ADFGVX Cypher format:

GO SE TX KG OR FO XM ET HS ET ER RM MM RN

Only roadblock is not having the key. I'm almost certain after looking at the decoded Morse on the doc page that each one is in a specific language, and we need to apply French, Russian, Turkish, British, and German cyphers to the appropriate codes...
    Post edited by JFRESH86 on
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    rightyo, here we are again.

i've got some ideas about the morse codes people get when picking up the headphones and heading to the small mcom stations/radio device thingy's.

what if 4 people join a map, each pick up 1 HS and move to the Mcom station.
    listen out the morse and combine the information they receive into 1 morse code and figure out message they receive.

@JackFrags any chance you and your team have the opertunity to test this out.
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OR there could be a hidden enigma device IN GAME people could use, just like the numberpads found in BF4 areas (Bow easter egg etc) to deciver this thing
  • spower007
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    wowwink122 wrote: »
    spower007 wrote: »
    Found the Telegraph on Fao Fortress as well!
    https://t.co/NUui9EhBtU
    Also here is the Fao Fortress Morse code: https://t.co/u1QZItGhly

The morse code part in your video is muted

OH ****! I didn't even realize! Here is the link to my tweet about it:
    (The sound should work this time!)
  • spower007
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Found a Easter egg near the statue where the headphones spawn at Amiens there's boxes surrounding it and if you go to the top of any of them find the tallest triangle box ( I think it's a fuel tank) if you shoot that one it gets a white cross and a small explosion there's others and if you shoot them before you shoot the big one they do nothing I think it might have something to do with the headphones or maybe a passcode (by blowing them up in a sequence) and if you find anything that has to do with headphones or any questions email me at [email protected]

I have created a video, sorry for the bad quality and 4:3 resolution

https://youtu.be/758O04QRp68

I wonder if that S.N. 37068 could be something?
  • LosDub
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would listening to the Morse code be any different when using war tapes, tv, headset, etc...under the audio options. MAYBE one them would be able to pick something up that another audio option wouldnt
  • Coronakill
    edited October 2016
    Found a Easter egg near the statue where the headphones spawn at Amiens there's boxes surrounding it and if you go to the top of any of them find the tallest triangle box ( I think it's a fuel tank) if you shoot that one it gets a white cross and a small explosion there's others and if you shoot them before you shoot the big one they do nothing I think it might have something to do with the headphones or maybe a passcode (by blowing them up in a sequence) and if you find anything that has to do with headphones or any questions email me at [email protected]

i punched S.N.37068 into google maps and get Ecuador, Peru, US Brasil and Mexico as countries, as SN37068 either seems to be coordinates or an adress (according to Gmaps)
    https://www.google.nl/maps/search/S.N.37068/@53.1958015,6.6972758,9z/data=!3m1!4b1

any chance any of these countries have something to do with world war 1 which we can trace back to battlefield 1 in game stuff we found so far?
  • IllBlack_RainllI
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Coronakill wrote: »

i punched S.N.37068 into google maps and get Ecuador, Peru, US Brasil and Mexico as countries, as SN37068 either seems to be coordinates or an adress (according to Gmaps)
    https://www.google.nl/maps/search/S.N.37068/@53.1958015,6.6972758,9z/data=!3m1!4b1

any chance any of these countries have something to do with world war 1 which we can trace back to battlefield 1 in game stuff we found so far?

This gave me an idea. The Zimmerman Telegram. You said Mexico and Germany during WWI attempted to get Mexico involved by sending the ZT (Shortened it) in a hope that they would attack the US. I will do more research....
  • Coronakill
    Coronakill wrote: »

This gave me an idea. The Zimmerman Telegram. You said Mexico and Germany during WWI attempted to get Mexico involved by sending the ZT (Shortened it) in a hope that they would attack the US. I will do more research....

this seems viable indeed, the zimmermann telegram looks like this (See link)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimmermann_Telegram#/media/File:Zimmermann_Telegram_as_Received_by_the_German_Ambassador_to_Mexico_-_NARA_-_302025.jpg

any chance anything we found in game, like the same kind of numerical sequences like the Zimmermann telegram, which can relate to these kind of sequences which we can translate to words or sentances out of numbers?
  • McAIlister
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Did you guys found all headsets & Mcom station ? any map left ? i just found about this easter egg and i want to help :D
  • Coronakill
    McAIlister wrote: »
    Did you guys found all headsets & Mcom station ? any map left ? i just found about this easter egg and i want to help :D

Awesome, welcome to the team @McAllister

The more, the better.

i would sugest to keep your eyes open for more of these things and small things which might stand out, it might be papers/documents located in game with weird looking scribblings on them or items with markings on them which might be of importance to our cause! :D
  • IllBlack_RainllI
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Alright, so I replied to Coronakill when he said SN 37068 (found in Naitsabes317j's video: ). It goes in to google and shows up with Mexico and a couple other Latin American countries. That brought up a huge "holy ****" moment for me. The Zimmerman Telegram. (Here is a link so you can sort of understand it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimmermann_Telegram)

The telegram was sent by Germany to Mexico in hopes to get them involved with the war. If the US sided with the Allies, attack the US is basically what Germany told Mexico to do. In terms of all the MCOMs and morse code stuff that has come up, its a possibility that these can be linked. How they relate, thats the fun part. So im not entirely sure how we can link the two together BUT I think I know what (if it is correct about the ZT thing) we could get. Some sort of Mexican weapon or skin. Again, not sure, just an idea. Thoughts?
  • Guttryl
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ... Why ad things like this that just makes some ppl run around looking for that instead of helping the team...
  • Coronakill
    Alright, so I replied to Coronakill when he said SN 37068 (found in Naitsabes317j's video: ). It goes in to google and shows up with Mexico and a couple other Latin American countries. That brought up a huge "holy ****" moment for me. The Zimmerman Telegram. (Here is a link so you can sort of understand it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimmermann_Telegram)

The telegram was sent by Germany to Mexico in hopes to get them involved with the war. If the US sided with the Allies, attack the US is basically what Germany told Mexico to do. In terms of all the MCOMs and morse code stuff that has come up, its a possibility that these can be linked. How they relate, thats the fun part. So im not entirely sure how we can link the two together BUT I think I know what (if it is correct about the ZT thing) we could get. Some sort of Mexican weapon or skin. Again, not sure, just an idea. Thoughts?

i read that Germany promised Mexico financial support (and possibly hardware support aswell), this might be ''something'' which was gonne be shipped to Mexico by the germans (the SN code having SOME kind of relation to Mexico) try and find more of these stashes is what i would suggest.
  • _Sn4perino
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Has anyone tried to send the morse code into the team chat? I mean, we have no evidence of the code being meaningful, and it would make sense, that if you recieve a message, you forward it to your team, as they did in WW1 to get the upper hand of the fight. And the messages are random because then you cant trigger something by accident?
  • Coronakill
    not sure about console versions but in the PC version, pressing the ''~'' button opens a command console, might be we can fill things in there just like the BF4 console found on the leaderboard screen?
  • Terdle
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    duMBTga.jpg
    This is what is found in the bottom right corner of the dark painting. Seriously suspect it to have something to do with the morse code translations.
    (the painting was mentioned, but didnt find a clear image, this is from the painting on Amiens, building at the statue)
  • Coronakill
    Terdle wrote: »
    duMBTga.jpg
    This is what is found in the bottom right corner of the dark painting. Seriously suspect it to have something to do with the morse code translations.
    (the painting was mentioned, but didnt find a clear image, this is from the painting on Amiens, building at the statue)

agreed, found this suspicious aswell when the image of the painting was posted, i will try and find out what it means.