SEA servers for PC

Comments

• ghostg0d
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Bump for DICE, please hear us
  • SteadyFlow
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Flanar1 wrote: »
    Artae wrote: »
    I usually don't play EA games but had to buy Battlefield 1 because it simply looks amazingly epic. But I was sad to learn that there are no playable servers with pings >50. I am forced to play in Japanese servers with average ping of 180-220.

I then went to read up alittle and found that unlike in BF3 and BF4, there will not be any SEA servers other than Japanese ones for BF1.

After 20 mins of match making, I requested for a refund on the same day. That was about 5 days ago. Till today I had not receive any notification of my refund approval and Origin also has a hard time connecting me to an adviser.

Matters are handled terribly I must say.

Disappointed,
    SG-ean

It feels pretty obvious that EA does not care about Asian player-base.

Try this: Choose a different country from the top right corner (UK or USA) on this website: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ and try to connect to live chat. I can guarantee it that you will connect to an adviser in matter of minutes.

Keep troubling these chats with your valid question/inquiry about SEA servers.

Not necessarily, I was able to chat with EA support regarding refund on first try and I'm in India.
  • ViceHP
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully EA implements SEA Servers. The game is extremely tough to play on the current 160 ping servers. Bump.
  • VaultFalcone
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bump, thread has 9 pages and still unanswered by EA/DICE nor any action taken. Unbelievable
  • ioish
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    bump
    !!!
  • zkhil2
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Most of the Japan servers today gave terrible ping today (>220) they were fine 2 days ago. The game is becoming more and more unplayable everyday. Please host some SEA servers ASAP.
  • Dried_Penguin
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Bump for awareness
  • Flanar1
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    zkhil2 wrote: »
    Most of the Japan servers today gave terrible ping today (>220) they were fine 2 days ago. The game is becoming more and more unplayable everyday. Please host some SEA servers ASAP.

I've experienced this myself. At times Japan servers have pings like 140-150. Then next day it shoots to 250 or so. And I'm not even talking about different servers. I see this happening all the time to servers I've saved
  • Tajaba-Oldman
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bump! please update
  • VaultFalcone
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bringing this back up, unacceptable.
  • VanRodders
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    bump. i dont care about your move to 'first party servers'. This is regression. we had SEA servers for 3 games now and now you have gone all racist thinking JAPAN covers the whole ASIA?
  • DingoKillr
    3505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VanRodders wrote: »
    bump. i dont care about your move to 'first party servers'. This is regression. we had SEA servers for 3 games now and now you have gone all racist thinking JAPAN covers the whole ASIA?
    Not racist, just very outdated thinking.

Thailand has one of the highest Internet usage in the world, China and India both have huge mid-class and still growing. Yet we are forced to pay the same for games as European or American but only given 3rd rate servers. The only thing EA have done is support markets in Japan, HK/Taiwan and Korea. What about the rest?

It is really pissing me off playing against guys with 5 and 20 ping, while I am on 180, this is effecting how I play and my fun playing. They see me before I see them, I see them with their gun down start firing I am already dead, before the first hit marker. So CQB is out and longer range is out too as I am seeing target more often then not where they should be but ain't any more. That leaves me with gadgets, high RPM or high damage short range weapons with high velocity.

EA wonders why they don't make a bigger impact in the rest of Asia it because of poor planning or bad decisions.

• zkhil2
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    is it confirmed that we'll get rentable servers in November?? why is EA silent on this. we need to know if servers will be available for our region or not
  • Flanar1
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    is it confirmed that we'll get rentable servers in November?? why is EA silent on this. we need to know if servers will be available for our region or not

Even that is not confirmed.

Either way, I really don't want to rely on 3rd party servers and would prefer to get EA to shell out some (what is to them) pocket change for SEA servers.

EA, get your **** together
  • DefencerX
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Flanar1 wrote: »

I've experienced this myself. At times Japan servers have pings like 140-150. Then next day it shoots to 250 or so. And I'm not even talking about different servers. I see this happening all the time to servers I've saved

Haven't been playing for the past day or two. Can confirm this happening after logging in. For some unknown reason, AsiaJP Servers across the board just went up by an additional 40ms all of a sudden. Wow. Smh.
  • LuncKYPantY
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    dunno if this is legit but it does not cost much for them to have some servers up for SEA region https://www.inverse.com/article/22569-battlefield-1-server-rental-cost-analysis considering how many of us posted here prolly only 5% of the total no. who bought this game
  • LuncKYPantY
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    don't even understand why did they release it to be available in SEA region if they won't even put up servers here guess they are a bunch of greedy B******
  • VaultFalcone
    Bump, we're about to leave October yet no SEA servers. They actually expecting us to rent the servers for ourselves which is very unfair for this community.
  • doobiebromac
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2016
    Show them you mean business! Do not buy the game unless you are provided servers in your region. Simple concept. Be knowledgeable! Know what you are getting before you buy!

Trust me, once Dice/EA sees they are losing sales in a region due to lack of server support, you will get servers.
  • M3teora
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Titanfall 2, an EA game, has servers based in Southeast Asia (Singapore) despite the matchmaking system. Any triple A title should cater to players throughout the world—it is really disappointing that EA/DICE has released BF1 without local servers in regions like SEA, India and South Africa.