Oh Lord the Gas Grenade Spam is insane

xWTOxSkiLLz
210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited October 2016
Come on the gas grenade spam is out of control. Feel like im playing Biohazard field 1

Comments

• DisfunkD86
    696 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i love all these " insert comical name here" field names lol

but i agree.. i think what would have been a cool feature would have been to implement wind direction randomly changing throughout the game effecting the potency of the gas, how funny would it be for **** gas spammers to murder their whole team due to wind blow back
  • Vercintrix
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I tried a solution, run a shotgun loadout with gas grenades. Keep your mask on all day. Use the gas as smoke cover. Worked so well on rush.
  • m1k3ol
    828 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    There's a bunch of suicides and team killing without wind anyways...

Well, there's a reason everyone have a mask...back in WW1 the gas covered the entire field
  • WalrusPotato379
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't spam gas grenades very often, but these grenades are often used to make you want to leave the area or put you at a disadvantage. For example, my friends and I decided to all throw our gas grenades into the building on D flag on the map St. Quentin Scar or whatever. We knew the building was full of recons and medics, classes whose weapons are focused on scoping in. Because they weren't able to ads they ran out to hopefully continue sniping, but we just wiped everyone their afterwards. The gas grenades are used to lock down chokes and flush out classes using ads dependent weapons. Cause a shotgun having that penalty, is much less harsh than a sniper receiving that penalty. People spam the gas grenades because they feel 1 gas grenade is not enough to flush someone out or hold down a choke.
  • xWTOxSkiLLz
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    m1k3ol wrote: »

Well, there's a reason everyone have a mask...back in WW1 the gas covered the entire field

I think thats whats most frustrating is friendly gas effects you to. Reminds me of the claymore problem in BF4 hardcore. I don't think stuff like that should effect teammates.
  • Vercintrix
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I think thats whats most frustrating is friendly gas effects you to. Reminds me of the claymore problem in BF4 hardcore. I don't think stuff like that should effect teammates.

If gas didn't affect teammates, gas would be so broken and op.

You would essentially have one squad able to ADS and another that cannot in the same room.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Single most annoying gameplay mechanic right now.

Snipers are up there, but gas grenades take it.
  • CnConrad
    1163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It actually doesn't kill teammates though you just cough but lose no hp it's just a green smoke grenade
  • sircolby45
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yeah, I would have to agree. I don't think gas grenades are OP, but they should only have 1 of them just like the other grenades. You can spam the crap out of them especially if you are sitting on an ammo crate. It is annoying for both sides because if my team is spamming them I still don't know if it is friendly or not unless I watch my health.
  • TheRustyTigger
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    I really don't have a comment on if it's OP or not, but my instincts tell me there will be a carry reduction to begin with. I really expect them to be at least reduced to 1 per carry before anything is actually done to their current attributes. And to be honest, I'd probably be fine with that. I even switched from frags to gas, and I have grown a habit of just chucking them all the time. Reduction first, see how much spam there actually is then, and go from there. edit: I know with only 1 I'd probably hold onto it until I know there's an area of enemies. At the moment I always chuck at least one, if not both towards the front lines and see the points start rolling in.
    Post edited by TheRustyTigger on
  • Gavyne
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Single most annoying gameplay mechanic right now.

Snipers are up there, but gas grenades take it.

+1, every BF game has annoying or op things, currently gas grenade spam is BF1's annoying thing. Reducing from 2 to 1 would be a great first step to fixing this without nerfing it.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wait, what? You get two gas grenades? I'm spec'ing that tonight no question.

All aboard the gas grenade spam train.
  • DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it my imagination, or do all of you whining about something that was actually in WW1, have gas masks available with your kits? The mask pops on and off in less than a second. What amazes me is the kills I get, because people aren't smart enough to put the mask on. I personally love to give a friendly camping sniper the gas attack.
  • TheDoctorUnknown
    481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    When people complain about how anti vehicle nades work (not even the annoying spam or the damage, just the way it works) they are called whining vehiclewhores and told to just adapt and that is completely fine the way it is. But when infantry players complain about something that can be countered, at least to some degree, by pressing "T" everyone joins the **** and agrees. Wow, just wow.
  • buddie11
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think we should be able call in gas attacks or even have gas bottles and mortar rounds JUST like WW1!
  • sircolby45
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2016
    When people complain about how anti vehicle nades work (not even the annoying spam or the damage, just the way it works) they are called whining vehiclewhores and told to just adapt and that is completely fine the way it is. But when infantry players complain about something that can be countered, at least to some degree, by pressing "T" everyone joins the **** and agrees. Wow, just wow.

That's because vehicle nades are fine the way they are. I play both infantry and vehicles and I have no problems with vehicle nades. They have to get really close to throw a nade at me. If I allow it I deserve to be hit.

Yes, you can press T, but if you have a weapon with poor hip fire you are now at an extreme disadvantage and might as well of let the smoke choke you out. When someone holding an Automatico comes blazing in you might as well tie your shoelaces and kiss your **** goodbye.
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Wait, what? You get two gas grenades? I'm spec'ing that tonight no question.

All aboard the gas grenade spam train.

Oh no...What have I done.
  • Mike_V1987
    597 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I like it, it adds another element to the battle.
  • SgtOpt
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I feel that gas grenade spam could be controlled IF they make the gas hurt everyone on both teams. Then the team who throws it cannot run in with a clear advantage as the opposing team is all masked up. Make the gas poisonous to all and i think it would change the dynamic and make people think twice about whether they want to throw it or not. I am always looking for friendly gas to rush in and take people out as they are all masked up and cannot ads.
  • Mokkou
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    buddie11 wrote: »
    I think we should be able call in gas attacks or even have gas bottles and mortar rounds JUST like WW1!

The Artillery Truck with the mortar package has a gas shell. It's pretty neato.
  • xKMARTx
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    The gas should hurt all. I can run right into team gas with no effects and ads while the enemy can't. Noticed is a popular rush technique. Gas the hell out of them then run in without masks