When will HDR be enabled for the Standard PS4

DarrenDaBombUK
27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hi guys just wondering when HDR will be enabled ? I've got a song 4k hdr tv and the game is definitely not using HDR.Are they releasing a patch when the pro comes out?

Comments

• DarrenDaBombUK
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sorry not song meant Sony lol
  • ColinMcDougz
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Probably a useless comment but there is a list from Sony kicking about on what games are getting 4k and I don't think BF1 was on the list I read , hopefully things change as it would be great .
  • bubbahgump9
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Man do I wish they would add HDR to this game.
  • DarrenDaBombUK
    edited October 2016
    Hi Colin it is definitely 4k enable for PS4 Pro on release EA said at the PlayStation Meeting when showing of the new mass effect that Bf1 would be running on Ps4 Pro in 4k with HDR. Was just hoping the HDR was already enabled for the original PS4.
    See the list below of all games that will be at least 4k enabled on release of the Pro.

The full list of PS4 Pro compatible games includes:

Battlefield 1
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
    Days Gone
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    Dishonored 2
    Farpoint (PlayStation VR)
    FIFA 17
    Final Fantasy XV
    For Honor
    Ghost Recon: Wildlands
    Horizon: Zero Dawn
    Infamous: First Light
    Killing Floor 2
    The Last of Us: Remastered
    Mass Effect: Andromeda
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2017
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Skyrim: Special Edition
    Spider-Man
    Steep
    Titanfall 2
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    Watch Dogs 2
  • DarrenDaBombUK
    edited October 2016
    HDR will look so good.
  • DarrenDaBombUK
    Man do I wish they would add HDR to this game.

Me too buddy
  • TaCtiCaL323
    525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi Colin it is definitely 4k enable for PS4 Pro on release EA said at the PlayStation Meeting when showing of the new mass effect that Bf1 would be running on Ps4 Pro in 4k with HDR. Was just hoping the HDR was already enabled for the original PS4.
    See the list below of all games that will be at least 4k enabled on release of the Pro.

The full list of PS4 Pro compatible games includes:

Battlefield 1
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
    Days Gone
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    Dishonored 2
    Farpoint (PlayStation VR)
    FIFA 17
    Final Fantasy XV
    For Honor
    Ghost Recon: Wildlands
    Horizon: Zero Dawn
    Infamous: First Light
    Killing Floor 2
    The Last of Us: Remastered
    Mass Effect: Andromeda
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2017
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Skyrim: Special Edition
    Spider-Man
    Steep
    Titanfall 2
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    Watch Dogs 2

I'm skeptical considering you didn't even list the ONLY title to run NATIVE 4k, that we know of at this point..... That's why we deal in links around these parts.

Not some kids list that he remembered from what the dude at GameSpot told him.

• ImSpasticVG
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Go into the settings and go to display and screen and set the HDR to automatic. They sent out the update
  • DarrenDaBombUK
    Go into the settings and go to display and screen and set the HDR to automatic. They sent out the update

OK cheers mate. Need to unplug VR as well as HDR will not work while hdmi is plug into the VR box. Thank again
  • ToonTonic
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Be interesting to see how HDR effects input lag for these games.
  • DarrenDaBombUK
    ToonTonic wrote: »

Yes thats the only thing I am worried about. Will play BF1 tomorrow and see ho it runs on by hdr tv
  • ronson122
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Sorry had to laugh at IW been in that list.like 4k will do that crap any justice haha
  • ToonTonic
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Yes thats the only thing I am worried about. Will play BF1 tomorrow and see ho it runs on by hdr tv

If you have one of the newer top end samsungs you can enable HDR+ which is basically a fake HDR. Picture definitely looks nicer but with the TV already upscaling the image & then adding HDR to the fold it does create input lag (not really noticeable IRL, but proven in tests to delay input up to x3 to over 100ms)

If you use GAME MODE (or what ever its called on another brand) this will improve input lag, but wont allow you to enable HDR+....Thus i ponder if HDR becomes native to the game, will we be able to use GAME MODE to reduce input lag? (Not an issue in single player, more so Multiplayer only)
  • kriskrozbbk
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I prefer more frames than HDR.
  • Romito201
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I prefer more frames than HDR.

This
  • SLiMM380
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This has been there since the last PS update.
  • DarrenDaBombUK

If you have one of the newer top end samsungs you can enable HDR+ which is basically a fake HDR. Picture definitely looks nicer but with the TV already upscaling the image & then adding HDR to the fold it does create input lag (not really noticeable IRL, but proven in tests to delay input up to x3 to over 100ms)

If you use GAME MODE (or what ever its called on another brand) this will improve input lag, but wont allow you to enable HDR+....Thus i ponder if HDR becomes native to the game, will we be able to use GAME MODE to reduce input lag? (Not an issue in single player, more so Multiplayer only)

Yeah I have a new Sony HDR 4k tv this automatically sets the picture mode to game when I turn on the PS4 and also if it detects an HDR signal it changes to HDR. Going to have a go on Bf1 after work and see what it looks like and how well it runs with HDR enabled.
  • Rusty Rat
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi guys just wondering when HDR will be enabled ? I've got a song 4k hdr tv and the game is definitely not using HDR.Are they releasing a patch when the pro comes out?

Have you enabled it in the PS4 menus? Go to Video Output Settings and set HDR to Automatic (it will also change Deep Colour Output to the same).

I have noticed a big difference on some games, but it makes dark areas, very dark. If you turn the brightness up, it does not look as good in other areas.

Best results seem to be with following settings:

Resolution - Automatic
    TV Size - Whatever you have
    RGB Range - Automatic
    HDR - Automatic
    Deep Colour Output - Automatic
  • DarrenDaBombUK
    Rusty Rat wrote: »

Have you enabled it in the PS4 menus? Go to Video Output Settings and set HDR to Automatic (it will also change Deep Colour Output to the same).

I have noticed a big difference on some games, but it makes dark areas, very dark. If you turn the brightness up, it does not look as good in other areas.

Best results seem to be with following settings:

Resolution - Automatic
    TV Size - Whatever you have
    RGB Range - Automatic
    HDR - Automatic
    Deep Colour Output - Automatic

Yes buddy turn HDR on auto as soon as I downloaded the firmware. Will try it tonight after work.