Shotguns are absolute garbage.

Just_ile97
179 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited October 2016
I know they are cq weapons. But the fact that you have the same damage output with a secondary ''pistol-shotgun'' as you do with a full siced shotgun is just idiotic.

Have you tried the pistolshotgunthingy? 2shot kill from close 1shot if you aim for the head. I think the real shotguns should be able to down people with two shots at ''middish'' range.

Comments

• SgtOpt
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have been 1 shotted with the hunter variant of the shotty at distance before. CQ they should hit hard. Distance they should not. Some of the balance on guns makes me scratch my head. The BAR shoots a 30.06 round. That, in reality, should be a one shot kill no matter the distance. Not realistic but yeah i see what you are saying.
  • CPKs_Arachnid
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm alright with that. Hate shotguns, and these maps have too many close quarters areas they would dominate. Keep them the way they are.
  • Just_ile97
    I'm alright with that. Hate shotguns, and these maps have too many close quarters areas they would dominate. Keep them the way they are.

You cant be serious? ''I cant deal with them if they get the damage/range stats they deserve. So keep them almost useless.''
  • CPKs_Arachnid
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just_ile97 wrote: »

You cant be serious? ''I cant deal with them if they get the damage/range stats they deserve. So keep them almost useless.''

Yep. Keep it up DICE!
  • Just_ile97

Yep. Keep it up DICE!

Your attitude made me smile. :smiley: good night.
  • Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shotguns work very well in Trenches and Buildings. I've been on the receiving end of one on many of occasions.
  • Just_ile97
    Kirk40k wrote: »
    Shotguns work very well in Trenches and Buildings. I've been on the receiving end of one on many of occasions.

But when a secondary shotgun is at the same level as main shotguns cqc, it is time to buff the main shotguns.
  • Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kirk40k wrote: »

But when a secondary shotgun is at the same level as main shotguns cqc, it is time to buff the main shotguns.

Possibly so. I run a LMG and a shovel when I'm up close. Perhaps the Secondary needs to be tweaked a bit.
  • V2Face
    2671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I run shotguns in majority of my kits but I sorta agree with OP they can be very inconsistent, I put 3 shells in a person point blank range they should die or if I'm ADS at a target close range and manage to fire off a few rounds I shouldn't be missing those are my more frustrating moments playing with shottys.
  • TrueGunShotta
    322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Try the Model 10 A - Hunter. The thing is a beast, and can 1 shot people from an insane distance. You'll thank me.
  • V2Face
    2671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    quote="TrueGunShotta;316152"]Try the Model 10 A - Hunter. The thing is a beast, and can 1 shot people from an insane distance. You'll thank me. [/quote]
    The hunter is my top gun I know it's capabilities. It can still be inconsistent for a plethora of reasons..using shotguns in all the battlefields has shown me that sometimes it's on spot and godly and other times its a head scratcher.
  • TrueGunShotta
    322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    quote="TrueGunShotta;316152"]Try the Model 10 A - Hunter. The thing is a beast, and can 1 shot people from an insane distance. You'll thank me.
    The hunter is my top gun I know it's capabilities. It can still be inconsistent for a plethora of reasons..using shotguns in all the battlefields has shown me that sometimes it's on spot and godly and other times its a head scratcher.[/quote]

After using it personally, I really hope they don't buff it. I think that shotgun is good as is. However, I haven't had any experience with the other shotguns, so i can't comment on if they are balanced or not. Those may very well need tweeked. Personally I believe no one should comment on the balance of things they haven't spent a lot of time on, so unfortunatley all i can contribute to this topic is in regards to the model 10 a hunter.
  • Gavyne
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Model 10A Hunter is borderline op due to its 1 shot capability at longer than standard CQC range. Any buff to shotguns in general would throw things way off balance. As-is you have Assaults spamming gas grenades and running around 1 shot pumping people. Model 10A Hunter is as clutch to Assault as Martini-Henry is for Scouts, both 1 shot guns that probably shouldn't be as good as they are, but they are.

If you think shotguns are garbage, give this gun a try. You'll kill even the skilled players because 1 shot guns have that effect on people.
  • V2Face
    Gavyne wrote: »
    Model 10A Hunter is borderline op due to its 1 shot capability at longer than standard CQC range. Any buff to shotguns in general would throw things way off balance. As-is you have Assaults spamming gas grenades and running around 1 shot pumping people. Model 10A Hunter is as clutch to Assault as Martini-Henry is for Scouts, both 1 shot guns that probably shouldn't be as good as they are, but they are.

If you think shotguns are garbage, give this gun a try. You'll kill even the skilled players because 1 shot guns have that effect on people.

If this was true then I would see more players running 10 A hunter ive only been killed by this gun 4 or 5 times in almost 30 hours. The fact of the matter is its a situational weapon.
  • TrueGunShotta
    I think another reason why the model 10 A hunter is good, is because in this game, unlike a lot of other battlefields, there truly is trench warfare for the first time. On maps like Argon Forest, the shotty is my go to weapon because I know I'll constantly be in close quarter gun fights. Do I run the shotguns on sanai desert? hell no. Not to mention, I like to pair the shotguns with gas grenades, forcing the other players to put on their mask and hip fire, and since the shotguns already have great hip fire capabilities it really leaves me with the advantage.
  • ostpies
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks for the tips on the 10A Hunter. I used it last night and it was much more effective than the other 2 shotguns i'd tried. Still a struggle to get the 10 headshots for medal though.
  • iAmDeltea
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am a very close quarter person. I love my Martini-Henry Infantry (CQB sniper) and my Model 10A Hunter. They should patch the damage on the gun, how ever, I do feel like the accuracy is inconsistent as V2Face brought to light. You can ads in close range on the body, yet they get tagged for 85+, but other times you can out sniper a sniper with it from mid to long range.

The gun is pretty inconsistent and feel like it needs a patch to its accuracy to make it more realistic.

Regards,
    Deltea/Cale
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Tell that to him