This Week in Battlefield V

The big Easter egg hunt has started again - Discussion topic

Comments

• Zaboo12
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've been listening to the different Morse code messages myself in game and I've noticed that if you walk away from the M-Com station after the code is done playing and then walk back up to it a different messaged is relayed than before. Is this something that is already known? I see many videos only showing one code for each map.
  • TIG_blane
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Not sure how to get my pics from my PS, but on BB the tower above C flag the 4 corner towers have LS(SL?) on them with the S almost wrapped around the L. Also the Deer statues have the cross on one side with a word I'm assuming is French.
  • RenegadeX5
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Not sure how to get my pics from my PS, but on BB the tower above C flag the 4 corner towers have LS(SL?) on them with the S almost wrapped around the L. Also the Deer statues have the cross on one side with a word I'm assuming is French.

Download fraps to take screenshots.
  • KanjiklubJanitor
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you have a computer you can probably plug a usb flash drive into your PS4 and put the photos onto that, then onto your computer. I don't know for sure, I've never gotten photos off my PS4.

Hope that helps!
  • JFRESH86
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    There are probably multiple translations needed for a single message. In the case of the Zimmermann telegram, it was coded in multiple languages.

There could also be several encryption techniques being combined. Some of the Morse code doesn't match any examples I can find. Some are obviously ADFGVX, a German cipher used at the time, and others seem to be Alberti-Vigenere ciphers, used by the French and Italians. The remaining seem to be keys to ciphers. I don't think DICE has created a new cipher.
    Post edited by JFRESH86 on
  • JFRESH86
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In the history of cryptanalysis, Room 40, also known as 40 O.B. (Old Building) (latterly NID25) was the section in the British Admiralty most identified with the British cryptanalysis effort during the First World War.

The basis of Room 40 operations evolved around a German naval codebook, the Signalbuch der Kaiserlichen Marine (SKM), and around maps (containing coded squares).
    The British also obtained the Imperial German Navy's Handelsschiffsverkehrsbuch (HVB), a codebook used by German naval warships, merchantmen, naval zeppelins and U-Boats, as well as the German Diplomatic Code Book, Code No. 13040.

• Naitsabes317j
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maybe the morsecode is depending on the Nation(Team) you are in ? Atm i have No time to Test this but could Be Worth a try.
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    good mornin' y'all back again after a evening of playing and semi-searching for things.

with all the possibilities on morse codes and ''hints(?)'' from around the maps, i suggest we focus on searching the maps for other things aswell, might be anything so i have no idea what we have to look for but still, scribblings on walls, documents lying around on tables, markings on boxes and crates etc.
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    and it might darned well be that there are multiple ''puzzles'' to solve, back in BF4 we had the tiny chinese statues hidden around the map but also hints towards the megalodon and some dude's name i cant recall which showed up on lockers and websites Dice set out for us.

Is there any Dice emp, mod or gamemod around who can tell us if there actualy IS a hidden easter egg sequence we have to look for?
    since all the information we have no is not realy giving us any insight to something actualy being out there.

@JackFrags have you perhaps heard or seen anything from a gamemod,admin (etc) saying there actualy ARE easter eggs we are now looking for?
  • LosDub
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    just thought about the Pigeon message in Mud and Blood mission "Fire mission. Urgent! overrun! GRID 317241 ELE60" but that guy calls out firing orders to GRID 3642
  • IllBlack_RainllI
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/Lot/frederick-judd-waugh-1861-1940-freshening-breeze-5768471-details.aspx

i did some research on the picture itself. i stumbled upon a painter named frederick judd waugh. in my opinion the painting is nearly close. at least very similar.
    check:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Judd_Waugh

the time periode is legit, so is his style.
    here's the twist:
    He is the artist who is responsible for the dreadnough camouflage. boom

Ok, so the Leviathan (Ship he painted) is a mythical creature.... I think this could spawn this creature, this whole morse code stuff. But it would only be on Fao Fortress MCOM since it is near the water. Not Argon Forest or any other maps.... just a thought

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan
  • RaXoR30
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Coronakill wrote: »
    Terdle wrote: »
    duMBTga.jpg
    This is what is found in the bottom right corner of the dark painting. Seriously suspect it to have something to do with the morse code translations.
    (the painting was mentioned, but didnt find a clear image, this is from the painting on Amiens, building at the statue)

Co-Worker of mine recognized this cross with letters, its a form of code messaging, you need to switch the letters out with the opposite located letters to deciver a code.

anything may be filled in there, letters, numbers, as long as you switch out the letters or numbers with the location of the opposite located letter.

For example, AA above PP below, you can switch them out so the AA gets placed at the bottom and PP can be placed at the top.

left to right is the same AS can be switched out with JP, however, you dont switch out the J with the A but with the S

so they get placed like this: AS(left) JP(right) AS becomes PJ and JP becomes SA instead.

so you get:

PP (top) PJ (left) AA(bottom) SA (right)

another contribution, i knew i remember seeing this last night and couldn't for the life of me remember where it was from. Map symbols.

http://www.militaryfactory.com/military_map_symbols.asp

THE LETTER TO THE LEFT (OR SYMBOLS) INDICATES UNIT DESIGNATION. THAT TO THE RIGHT, THE DESIGNATION OF THE PARENT UNIT WHICH IT BELONGS TO. LETTERS ABOVE AND BELOW BOUNDARY LINES DESIGNATE THE UNITS SEPERATED BY THE LINES.

I still think this has nothing to do with the easter egg.
  • RaXoR30
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    navajo code: http://navjocodesmak.weebly.com/uploads/4/9/8/7/49870379/168677264.png

ALSO: Fao fortress has big box machines in one of the rooms of the fortress, has huge sound boxes in it. Transmission type ****.
  • Viking-Skjald
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    So all of this kind of leads to Fao Fortress. I tried looking for a Code-Book (regarding the "Room 40" theory) on the Dreadnought ship (which is the only object with the dazzle camo -> leads back to our painting) but I was unable to do so because it's out of territory.

EDIT: Isn't it possible to drive the ship into the playable area?
  • M0useZA
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    And for those who want an interesting read - http://vc.airvectors.net/ttcode.html
  • Coronakill
    So all of this kind of leads to Fao Fortress. I tried looking for a Code-Book (regarding the "Room 40" theory) on the Dreadnought ship (which is the only object with the dazzle camo -> leads back to our painting) but I was unable to do so because it's out of territory.

i think the areas are blocked of by invisible barrier or something? perhaps we need people to test this out and scan every nook and cranny of the ship itself (airdrop onto it?) or run it straight into the Island at every location possible to see if anything happens.
  • Viking-Skjald
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

i think the areas are blocked of by invisible barrier or something? perhaps we need people to test this out and scan every nook and cranny of the ship itself (airdrop onto it?) or run it straight into the Island at every location possible to see if anything happens.

Any ideas on how to do that?
  • Coronakill

Any ideas on how to do that?

enter a match, get Lucky with being the captain and run it straight into the Island, Paracel Storm style.
  • Coronakill
    edited October 2016
    i think we have some good leads now people.

Paintings with stormy waters, things refering to the battleship, the Fao Fortress near the sea.
    headphones being found across maps who give morse codes.

back in the day they communicated from ship to ship with light signals (still happens to this day in the navy)

they use morse in the form of light flashings.

something tells me we have to find something in/around the Fao Fortress or near its waters

also, the ship is mentioned as a leviathan, read early in this thread that a leviathan is a mythical creature, just like the megalodon is.
    *Update about Leviathan*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan

the battle for Fao Fortress takes place in Al Faw Peninsula in Iraq (Real Location from historical View) and the wiki page also includes this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religions_of_the_ancient_Near_East

You all remember this?
    http://www.pcgamesn.com/battlefield-4/the-battlefield-4-kraken-is-dead-paracel-storm-easter-egg-is-no-more
    where people would found a map of paracel storm which looks like a giant squid/kraken/leviathan thing and turned out to be nothing?

well guess what kind of hints we are seeing in BF1 right now about the stuff i posted above this? thats right! Krakens!

so it might be very well we are hunting a leviathan this time (Seeing Iraq is seen as ''east'' back in WW1) and we are getting all kinds of hints refering to things relating to leviathan like things.

it HAS to do something with the waters around Fao Fortress, or atleast we van find new hints that will lead us in a better direction.

People already hearing megalodon like sounds in the water of Fao Fortress when crashing their airplanes.

my money's on a leviathan like creature we are going to find.

Keep it up people! we are doing a hell of a job here, we might just have this stuff solved very soon!
  • Terdle
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My hopes are on a big **** squid grabbing the dreadnought and taking it down with him into the ocean.