Weekly Debrief

The big Easter egg hunt has started again - Discussion topic

Comments

  • yakuncha
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Coronakill wrote: »
    i think we have some good leads now people.


    Paintings with stormy waters, things refering to the battleship, the Fao Fortress near the sea.
    headphones being found across maps who give morse codes.

    back in the day they communicated from ship to ship with light signals (still happens to this day in the navy)

    they use morse in the form of light flashings.


    something tells me we have to find something in/around the Fao Fortress or near its waters


    also, the ship is mentioned as a leviathan, read early in this thread that a leviathan is a mythical creature, just like the megalodon is.
    *Update about Leviathan*

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan

    the battle for Fao Fortress takes place in Al Faw Peninsula in Iraq (Real Location from historical View) and the wiki page also includes this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religions_of_the_ancient_Near_East

    so it might be very well we are hunting a leviathan this time (Seeing Iraq is seen as ''east'' back in WW1) and we are getting all kinds of hints refering to things relating to leviathan like things.


    it HAS to do something with the waters around Fao Fortress, or atleast we van find new hints that will lead us in a better direction.


    People already hearing megalodon like sounds in the water of Fao Fortress when crashing their airplanes.



    my money's on a leviathan like creature we are going to find.



    Keep it up people! we are doing a hell of a job here, we might just have this stuff solved very soon!

    megalodon not mythical
  • yakuncha
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    yakuncha wrote: »
    Coronakill wrote: »
    i think we have some good leads now people.


    Paintings with stormy waters, things refering to the battleship, the Fao Fortress near the sea.
    headphones being found across maps who give morse codes.

    back in the day they communicated from ship to ship with light signals (still happens to this day in the navy)

    they use morse in the form of light flashings.


    something tells me we have to find something in/around the Fao Fortress or near its waters


    also, the ship is mentioned as a leviathan, read early in this thread that a leviathan is a mythical creature, just like the megalodon is.
    *Update about Leviathan*

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan

    the battle for Fao Fortress takes place in Al Faw Peninsula in Iraq (Real Location from historical View) and the wiki page also includes this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religions_of_the_ancient_Near_East

    so it might be very well we are hunting a leviathan this time (Seeing Iraq is seen as ''east'' back in WW1) and we are getting all kinds of hints refering to things relating to leviathan like things.


    it HAS to do something with the waters around Fao Fortress, or atleast we van find new hints that will lead us in a better direction.


    People already hearing megalodon like sounds in the water of Fao Fortress when crashing their airplanes.



    my money's on a leviathan like creature we are going to find.



    Keep it up people! we are doing a hell of a job here, we might just have this stuff solved very soon!

    megalodon not mythical

    it get's refered to as mythical alot of times in different countries, seeing the history of eastern countries and their belives back then, they would most likely refer to it as mythical.

    but that aside, kraken/megalodon/giant squids/leviathans.
    in stories they get catagorized in the same way all together.
  • RenegadeX5
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The wikipedia article about Frederick Judd Waugh talks about him creating camo for US ships. According to the article only 1 ship got lost (now I don't know in what terms lost=lost or lost=destroyed) and then there is a (p. 154) wich I dont understand what is referring too. A page? Dono for now.
  • BladeBondage
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Leviathan
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Leviathan_(1901)

    I found these articles on Wikipedia because I thought it might be a wrecked ship or sea vessel. I think the HMS Leviathan is worth noting so is the **** Leviathan
  • BladeBondage
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RenegadeX5 wrote: »
    The wikipedia article about Frederick Judd Waugh talks about him creating camo for US ships. According to the article only 1 ship got lost (now I don't know in what terms lost=lost or lost=destroyed) and then there is a (p. 154) wich I dont understand what is referring too. A page? Dono for now.

    "At that time she was repainted with the British-type "dazzle" camouflage scheme that she carried for the rest of the war. With the completion of that work, Leviathan began regular passages between the U.S. and Brest, France, delivering up to 14,000 persons on each trip. Once experience in embarking troops was gained 11,000 troops could board the ship in two hours.[3] Before the armistice 11 November 1918 the ship transported over 119,000 fighting men"

    Just an excerpt I found from the wikipedia article for **** Leviathan
  • RenegadeX5
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Pretty sure we up to something. I dont remember where I red it but a s guy apparently crashed his bomber plane trying to destroy the Dreadnought in Fao Fortress and he saw something suspicious. Like a wrecked ship. If I'm not mistaken...
  • yakuncha
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    and next the link between the theme tune and pirates of carribean= krakens hmmm?
  • Terdle
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    lol found a bug, if you have the headphones and listen to the morse code with your primary out as an elite class, it becomes unusable after the morse code finishes.
    Additionally if you camp near the mcom after the morse finishes, there's random squeeky noises
  • IllBlack_RainllI
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Here is my theory as of all the things we currently know:

    So I think that on Fao Fortress, a Leviathan can be triggered after certain things in-game are completed. This being the morse code transmissions and the decryption (once we have it...)

    There are 5 spawns for the headsets on the map which corresponds to the 5 players in a squad. The next part I dont think has been done yet... Have a squad of 5, retrieve all the headphones, and go to the MCOM. There, listen to the code, and decode the message (again, once we know the decryption). Something in the message must be related to the Leviathan to each player (like how to trigger it, idk)

    I don't want to speculate anymore to throw people off topic so I'll end with this.

    The paintings on BB are related to Frederick Judd Waugh, who came up with ship camo, one of the ships being the USS Leviathan, and only one ship was lost... LOST.

    The "lost" ship could be the one someone saw when they crashed a plane in the sea. To find out how to get a Leviathan, wwe need to decode a message....
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Terdle wrote: »
    lol found a bug, if you have the headphones and listen to the morse code with your primary out as an elite class, it becomes unusable after the morse code finishes.
    Additionally if you camp near the mcom after the morse finishes, there's random squeeky noises


    would be cool if you could record those noices, might be something?
  • DANNYonPC
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is it only on fao? *digs in files*
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    what i also noticed, the painting in game looks similair to Frederick Judd Waugh's painting right? the one we find throughout all the maps, the name of his painting (which is actualy the exact same painting, only darker) has the name ''Along The Coast''

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Judd_Waugh#/media/File:Frederick_Judd_Waugh_-_Along_the_Coast,_oil_on_board.jpg

    so maybe it actualy HAS something to do with a map which has a coastline where a new clue can be found.
  • McAIlister
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You can also see the headset on the solo mission with Bishop: ppEStGu.jpg

    I tried to find some other things on the ship but nothing interesting :(
  • DANNYonPC
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ohyea, they are also default on the rush MCOMs
  • yakuncha
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Here is my theory as of all the things we currently know:

    So I think that on Fao Fortress, a Leviathan can be triggered after certain things in-game are completed. This being the morse code transmissions and the decryption (once we have it...)

    There are 5 spawns for the headsets on the map which corresponds to the 5 players in a squad. The next part I dont think has been done yet... Have a squad of 5, retrieve all the headphones, and go to the MCOM. There, listen to the code, and decode the message (again, once we know the decryption). Something in the message must be related to the Leviathan to each player (like how to trigger it, idk)

    I don't want to speculate anymore to throw people off topic so I'll end with this.

    The paintings on BB are related to Frederick Judd Waugh, who came up with ship camo, one of the ships being the USS Leviathan, and only one ship was lost... LOST.

    The "lost" ship could be the one someone saw when they crashed a plane in the sea. To find out how to get a Leviathan, wwe need to decode a message....

    i like what you said about squad....has anyone tried collecting all sets of headphones in one map as a squad and then listening to morse???

    also is it right to assume you do not permanently have these headsets only during the game/map being played?
  • Fleshcore
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RenegadeX5 wrote: »
    The wikipedia article about Frederick Judd Waugh talks about him creating camo for US ships. According to the article only 1 ship got lost (now I don't know in what terms lost=lost or lost=destroyed) and then there is a (p. 154) wich I dont understand what is referring too. A page? Dono for now.

    p. 154 refers to book: Havens, George R. (1969), Frederick J. Waugh: American Marine Painter. Orono ME; University of Maine Press.
    Maybe someone has it in their local library. Maybe there's some details at page 154 of the "lost" ship.
  • Terdle
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love how people keep thinking about picking up multiple headphones, when its been said multiple times. There's 4 spawn location, 1 set will spawn at a random location. And can only be picked up once by one individual. Another won't spawn untill the server moves to the next map. You can not collect all 4, nor can an entire squad each pick one up. 1 person, 1 random spawn, 1 time per map.
  • yakuncha
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Terdle wrote: »
    I love how people keep thinking about picking up multiple headphones, when its been said multiple times. There's 4 spawn location, 1 set will spawn at a random location. And can only be picked up once by one individual. Another won't spawn untill the server moves to the next map. You can not collect all 4, nor can an entire squad each pick one up. 1 person, 1 random spawn, 1 time per map.

    not the case so love it as much as you like laserlips...your mother was a snowblower!
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    McAIlister wrote: »
    You can also see the headset on the solo mission with Bishop: ppEStGu.jpg

    I tried to find some other things on the ship but nothing interesting :(


    you muppet! :') look over at the map next to the dude with the headset on/book next to it. maybe there is some weird text noted down there or some words/letters/numbers on the notebook.
Sign In or Register to comment.