This Week in Battlefield V

DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• koweratus
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just loaded blitz room map and not even spawn, bam crashed.... DICE pls
  • AJR1203
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just raised a ticket with Nvidia using their chat system http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

I linked this forum and they said they will be in contact via email.

Everyone else try and contact them as well so they can't ignore this issue.

I also tried to contact EA support several times but they don't actually answer the chats :(
  • VotiveCloud2
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    *cleared out useless repetetitive info cause i can't find where to remove post, move along*
    Post edited by VotiveCloud2 on
  • Fetti_Kartoffel3
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please read the Thread Votive, just please. I know that you want to help but that got posted over 100 times.
  • VotiveCloud2
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Whoops, my bad.
  • Fogz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    EA/DICE Need to sort this problem out now or get Nvida to do it......

I have spent £100 on this game getting BF1 + Premium and I can even play it. I Crash every 10-30 minutes, then I cant get back into the servers with my mates.

I have tried every fix written in this section and nothing has worked for me yet. I no EA will fix it eventually, but this shouldnt be an issue at launch.

BF4 Launch was a joke, I thought EA would have learnt from this.
  • ThoseBagels
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    I am experiencing CTD's with BF1 on a 1070 Gaming X.. No errors besides event log viewer

Faulting application name: bf1.exe, version: 1.0.9.53998, time stamp: 0x58077d90
    Faulting module name: bf1.exe, version: 1.0.9.53998, time stamp: 0x58077d90
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000004bc4a2e
    Faulting process id: 0x17cc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2307ec84e935c
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe
    Report Id: 6248eda1-07cb-4d09-bedb-563bd8826392
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

same error but different fault and time this occurred also states a nvidia driver/dll file

Faulting application name: bf1.exe, version: 1.0.9.53998, time stamp: 0x58077d90
    Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 21.21.13.7563, time stamp: 0x580af2e9
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000a40886
    Faulting process id: 0xcb4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d23079020bf9b8
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_49b226e6441043f1\nvwgf2umx.dll
    Report Id: f06c68f5-e01b-433f-9fa5-dc77c6b76204
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
  • Timbo196
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I had luck today. Two full operations. I exited the game before crashing. I didn't want to challenge my luck xD

What bothers me most is that everyone can progress and gain weapons and so on. And I stand there with the noobguns.
  • Yomaster
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    This seems to have fixed my issues for the time being. Played for a couple of hours thus far without crashing, and I was crashing every 5-10 minutes before I applied the fix:

1. I went to the Battlefield 1 folder -> _Installer -> and installed/ repaired the redists, both of them.
    2. I had two major Windows updates (I didn't realize they were major until today).
    - I had to install Updates for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Updates for Windows 10 Version 1607
    3. I then updated Nvidia GeForce Experience (10/20/2016 update), not the Driver.

OP: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Battlefield-1-Random-DirectX-crashes-FIXED/m-p/5635835#U5635835

So, in summation,

-Go to the Battlefield 1 folder in your program files, navigate to the _Installer folder, and install/repair each of the redists. Local Disk > Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > Battlefield 1 > _Installer > vc. Click into each folder and find the redist folder. Open each and run to install/repair each one.

-Make sure your Windows 10 is completely up-to-date.

-Make sure your Nvidia drivers and GeForce Experience are completely up-to-date. (Mine are.)

-Reboot once all the updates, etc. are installed. Post your results.

EDIT: If it's any consolation, I didn't start crashing so frequently in this game until last night, when it started to crash every 5-10 minutes. Launch day, I probably crashed once. The crashes became more and more frequent as this week has gone by. Really strange, but typical of EA releases, to say the least. >_<

Will report back if the crashes resume.
  • Timbo196
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I sent some Infos about our problem to a few online gaming magazines to maybe report about it. Seems to be the only way to get the attention of ea/dice.

I think they won't do it because of reasons.

But...

Hope dies last.
  • Power69ful
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi. I have this problem with the last Nvidia driver 375.63 and Battlefield 1.

[img][/img]directx.jpgsubir imagenes

• Yomaster
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Hello,

The Dev team continues to investigate and work on this issue. Definitely understand how frustrating this is.
    One of our QA guys had the same issue with his GTX770 and tracked it down to an outdated Realtek Audio driver. He updated the driver and swapped Windows Power Settings from Balanced to High Performance and hasn't experienced a crash since.

Those experiencing this issue, give that a try.
    I've also just drafted an email to the studio team to find the status of their investigation, any possible workarounds, and potential fix date.
    Will keep you posted.

-Braddock512-

The following seems to have worked for a number of us. Might be worth stickying or forwarding to the team.
    Yomaster wrote: »
    This seems to have fixed my issues for the time being. Played for a couple of hours thus far without crashing, and I was crashing every 5-10 minutes before I applied the fix:

1. I went to the Battlefield 1 folder -> _Installer -> and installed/ repaired the redists, both of them.
    2. I had two major Windows updates (I didn't realize they were major until today).
    - I had to install Updates for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Updates for Windows 10 Version 1607
    3. I then updated Nvidia GeForce Experience (10/20/2016 update), not the Driver.

OP: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Battlefield-1-Random-DirectX-crashes-FIXED/m-p/5635835#U5635835

So, in summation,

-Go to the Battlefield 1 folder in your program files, navigate to the _Installer folder, and install/repair each of the redists. Local Disk > Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > Battlefield 1 > _Installer > vc. Click into each folder and find the redist folder. Open each and run to install/repair each one.

-Make sure your Windows 10 is completely up-to-date.

-Make sure your Nvidia drivers and GeForce Experience are completely up-to-date. (Mine are.)

-Reboot once all the updates, etc. are installed. Post your results.

EDIT: If it's any consolation, I didn't start crashing so frequently in this game until last night, when it started to crash every 5-10 minutes. Launch day, I probably crashed once. The crashes became more and more frequent as this week has gone by. Really strange, but typical of EA releases, to say the least. >_<

Will report back if the crashes resume.
  • Braddock512
    1289 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @Yomaster Absolutely. I already forwarded that on. Thanks!

-Braddock512-
  • Temp1st
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hello,

The Dev team continues to investigate and work on this issue. Definitely understand how frustrating this is.
    One of our QA guys had the same issue with his GTX770 and tracked it down to an outdated Realtek Audio driver. He updated the driver and swapped Windows Power Settings from Balanced to High Performance and hasn't experienced a crash since.

I've also just drafted an email to the studio team to find the status of their investigation, any possible workarounds, and potential fix date.
    Will keep you posted.

-Braddock512-

Thank god, Do you realise some of us who bought premium have not been able to play consistently since launch thus making the 3 day early enlister bonus completely irrelevant? Thus taking part of that 20$ premium tag and just flushing it down the toilet basically. It honestly feels like i wasted my cash.
  • Sgt_Patapov
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hello,

Will keep you posted.

-Braddock512-

Thanks a lot. I'll try these.
  • Timbo196
    Hello,

Will keep you posted.

-Braddock512-

Finally. Thank you!
  • DoctorWhisky
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hello,

Will keep you posted.

-Braddock512-

Crashing with a GTX 680 SLI here,
    My Realtek driver is up to date but I will try switching Power Settings to High Performance.
  • LordJazios
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hello,

Will keep you posted.

-Braddock512-

Crashing with a GTX 680 SLI here,
    My Realtek driver is up to date but I will try switching Power Settings to High Performance.

Can anyone tell me what the latest version of the driver is? I cant find anything conclusive on google.
  • IlcursonlI
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hello,

Will keep you posted.

-Braddock512-

I have a GTX770 but not any Realtek Audio hardware (or drivers, of course). With that said, thank you for making sure this is escalated where it needs to be.
    Feedback, at this point, is all we can count on and it seems quite hard to come by.

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.