The big Easter egg hunt has started again - Discussion topic

Comments

  • darkrobb
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    im gona lay my search efforts down for this evening, im kinda getting depressed we'r not getting anywhere :/
  • ChappyFinn
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RenegadeX5 wrote: »
    The wikipedia article about Frederick Judd Waugh talks about him creating camo for US ships. According to the article only 1 ship got lost (now I don't know in what terms lost=lost or lost=destroyed) and then there is a (p. 154) wich I dont understand what is referring too. A page? Dono for now.

    The only thing I can find is that his camo system was on the USS Lake Borgne which wrecked off the coast of Brest France.
  • RevFX-Himsa
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    darkrobb wrote: »
    ok, i went and tried to write my morse code down that i heard.
    i did the one in Fao Fortress, headphones on the ridge next to D point if im correct.

    (-. --- .-. -. ..../.--. .--./.-.. .- ... .. -.)
    this translates to
    "NORNH PP LASIN"

    i need to look this over still, and i made more vids for myself so i can compair the others with the one i just did.
    the only thing in this that stands out for me is the "PP", thats because its in the cypher found on the painting.


    Translates to North Plains depending on which form of Morse you used.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_operations_in_North_Africa_during_World_War_I
  • RevFX-Himsa
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can I get all the information we have in 1 post. I would like to help knock this out.
  • RevFX-Himsa
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Every language had a different key they use during wars. If I can get a full list of links to the morse code and location of faction I can tell you what they say.
  • DeweysTV
    123 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just adding my .02:

    Headphones & Morse is individual based, since when you die or change maps, you cannot hear the MCOM until you find another headset? Has anyone found 2 headsets as a group in a map and listened at the same time to see of the morse is the same for both individuals?

    Collect all morse codes from each map, individually, then translate?

    Combine all translations together to form a location?
  • yakuncha
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    a theory worth trying

    i believe the message to be different for the 5 different classes and that each message can be turned into coordinates.

    the telegraph is instructing the
    assault to A
    medic to B
    support to C
    scout to D
    cavalryman to E

    then this will trigger an easter egg not to dissimilar to how megalodon was triggered.

    the key is how to translate the letters into numbers
  • Jiraya83
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    dwysywd wrote: »
    Just adding my .02:

    Headphones & Morse is individual based, since when you die or change maps, you cannot hear the MCOM until you find another headset? Has anyone found 2 headsets as a group in a map and listened at the same time to see of the morse is the same for both individuals?

    Collect all morse codes from each map, individually, then translate?

    Combine all translations together to form a location?

    only 1 headphone per time only!
  • Jiraya83
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    yakuncha wrote: »
    a theory worth trying

    i believe the message to be different for the 5 different classes and that each message can be turned into coordinates.

    the telegraph is instructing the
    assault to A
    medic to B
    support to C
    scout to D
    cavalryman to E

    then this will trigger an easter egg not to dissimilar to how megalodon was triggered.

    the key is how to translate the letters into numbers

    ppl, ok makes the things diferent and dificult! but really that using diferent class would give diferent clues?? if this was going to happen, the DICE would be making a impossible mission for real.
    Hope the DEVs start to give some directions, at least to see if we are going to the correct way
  • DeweysTV
    123 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Jiraya83 wrote: »
    dwysywd wrote: »
    Just adding my .02:

    Headphones & Morse is individual based, since when you die or change maps, you cannot hear the MCOM until you find another headset? Has anyone found 2 headsets as a group in a map and listened at the same time to see of the morse is the same for both individuals?

    Collect all morse codes from each map, individually, then translate?

    Combine all translations together to form a location?

    only 1 headphone per time only!

    wonder if everyone can hear you pick it up, kinda like the dog tag boxes in BF4
  • DerT0bey
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can anyone confirm that the map you play on doesnt affect the morse code? I found the same code on Suez and Fao. I guess there are a bunch of codes (or parts of it) which randomly get played at a MCOM.

    Btw: This code was already played 5 times to me on Suez and 3 times in slighty different versions(only the first 2 or 3 charcaters were different).
  • hell_maw1
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maybe you have to listen in a certain order? Like the one above that pointed to North Plains, maybe go to that one and it sends you to the next, etc. until you get the final one. If you go out of order, you get the strange number sequence instead of the next location. Just a theory, but could work.
  • darkrobb
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    well then im A) lucky or B) if u pick the wrong one it starts over, since ive listened to 1 before, cant rlly name the map its the other one with the fort
  • darkrobb
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    also i cant figure out what the other records are saying, to many characters behind one another to make any sence
  • IllBlack_RainllI
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • Sir_Jordangerous
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    waiting for someone to sell a pair of hedphones that looks like the ones in BF1....

    also, just something to consider, the weapon dogtags all have latin on the back of them, so maybe latin is involved?

    I translated them, and it doesn't look like any clues, but here they are for your enjoyment, starting from first medals, and continuing on because they weren;t organized by class (something to look at? or too crazy)

    BELLUM OMNIUM CONTRA OMNES
    War all against all

    EST IDONEUM BELLO
    it is a qualified/suitable war (perhaps google has the right idea, but doesn't sound quit right)

    ALEA IACTA EST
    the die is cast

    ACTA NON VERBA
    actions not words

    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
    if you want peace prepare for war
  • KanjiklubJanitor
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    waiting for someone to sell a pair of hedphones that looks like the ones in BF1....

    also, just something to consider, the weapon dogtags all have latin on the back of them, so maybe latin is involved?

    I translated them, and it doesn't look like any clues, but here they are for your enjoyment, starting from first medals, and continuing on because they weren;t organized by class (something to look at? or too crazy)

    BELLUM OMNIUM CONTRA OMNES
    War all against all

    EST IDONEUM BELLO
    it is a qualified/suitable war (perhaps google has the right idea, but doesn't sound quit right)

    ALEA IACTA EST
    the die is cast

    ACTA NON VERBA
    actions not words

    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
    if you want peace prepare for war

    Acta Non Verba is probably a reference to Battlefield: Bad Company 1 in which the enemy mercenary groups motto is "Acta Non Verba" you could be onto something though
  • Jiraya83
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    dwysywd wrote: »
    Jiraya83 wrote: »
    dwysywd wrote: »
    Just adding my .02:

    Headphones & Morse is individual based, since when you die or change maps, you cannot hear the MCOM until you find another headset? Has anyone found 2 headsets as a group in a map and listened at the same time to see of the morse is the same for both individuals?

    Collect all morse codes from each map, individually, then translate?

    Combine all translations together to form a location?

    only 1 headphone per time only!

    wonder if everyone can hear you pick it up, kinda like the dog tag boxes in BF4

    We could start to testing this kind of thing...
  • KanjiklubJanitor
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was wondering about these "promotional" dog tags that are astrology signs, could they be part of an easter egg? There appear to be only a few of the many signs, I also don't know how they are acquired.

    There is also a new weapon skin called "the edelweiss" which is a german flower and also the famous song from The Sound of Music, perhaps theres a connection or easter egg involved here?
  • yakuncha
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jack frags and all the top youtubers recieved a package frim EA with a codename(poss cyoher key) and a tobacco tin with a secret code inside
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!