Weekly Debrief

D pad glitch - gas mask

Comments

• BluntObjctOfHate
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also, happens with Support when you try to use the repair tool. This needs to be fixed ASAP it is a major game flaw that detracts from skillful play.

This happened to me yesterday,. I snuck up on a guy and decided to try out the repair tool to see if I could get a kill with it but I put my gas mask on instead, and it didn't end well for me.
  • DarthicVader
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wow your lucky xD because the glitch that keeps happening to me is when I die and go to respawn instead of an up top view it glitches me inside an airplace in first person which smashes into the airship and blew up our only full health airship instantly. (wish I got a vid of that T_T but I forgot to hit share button)
  • dustinwilliams4
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here
  • doobiebromac
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    shack_up wrote: »
    keep in mind what you change here affects all buttons on the PS4 so lets say you change the right directional to the down directional. you would have to press down in order to navigate right on amything.

Do not want to do this for this exact reason.

Shouldn't have to do this, either. The bug should be fixed or Dice/EA should start adding controller button map function to their games. Then I could at least disable the gas mask button and nullify the glitch.

Has Dice/EA ever addressed why we cannot have a controller button map function? I know players have been asking for it, since forever...
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    keep in mind what you change here affects all buttons on the PS4 so lets say you change the right directional to the down directional. you would have to press down in order to navigate right on amything.

Shouldn't have to do this, either. The bug should be fixed or Dice/EA should start adding controller button map function to their games. Then I could at least disable the gas mask button and nullify the glitch.

Has Dice/EA ever addressed why we cannot have a controller button map function? I know players have been asking for it, since forever...

Remapping buttons is not going to resolve the issue, it will just move it to a different function.

Dice needs to just fix the glitch.
  • doobiebromac
    edited October 2016
    ^You have no idea whether being able to disable the gas mask button would correct the bug for the time being or not. That also doesn't answer the question of why this franchise is still without a controller button map function in 2016...
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^You have no idea whether being able to disable the gas mask button would correct the bug for the time being or not. That also doesn't answer the question of why this franchise is still without a controller button map function in 2016...

So disable the gas mask button so you can't use it....yeah that's genius.

Again youre just trying push your agenda into an issue. There is a problem, it needs to be fixed. Remapping buttons doesn't fix the issue just either moving or masking the problem.

There are plenty of threads on button remapping, go post there.
  • Goodknight47
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    omg this gaz mask gonna give me a heart attack! why you keep deploying!!!!? everyone is suffering i thought i had a faulty D-pad!
  • Blitz1273
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I knew it wasn't entirely from my fat thumbs!
  • doobiebromac
    edited October 2016
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

So disable the gas mask button so you can't use it....yeah that's genius.

Again youre just trying push your agenda into an issue. There is a problem, it needs to be fixed. Remapping buttons doesn't fix the issue just either moving or masking the problem.

There are plenty of threads on button remapping, go post there.

What are you even talking about, Vball? Agendas? Okay...?

The very first thing I said was,.. that I shouldn't have to remap buttons! You quoted me as having said that! I said, exactly what you are saying,..that the glitch should just be fixed.

So, why are you (AGAIN), trying to go out of your way to start a troll argument with me? About something we both agree upon?! Your presence on these forums is enough to honestly, make me not want to comment or participate on any thread, in the future.

Do me a favor, will you? In the future just pretend, I do not exist on these forums and I will extend you the same courtesy. I honestly do not come here to have you instigate arguments with me every day. Shocker, I know..but I could do without your constant trolling, please.

Also, if there was a controller remap function then I could remove the gas mask button altogether(hopefully disabling the bug) if I wanted to! And that should be MY CHOICE!!! Like the layout of the buttons on my controller! I do not see how any rational person could argue with that.
    Post edited by doobiebromac on
  • xROLLIN_STON3x
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone else using the big meds and ammo notice you have to press the d-pad direction twice for it to deploy?

Dunno if its intentional but its annoying!
  • doobiebromac
    edited October 2016
    @xROLLIN_STON3x I have noticed this but I actually think it has something to do with the game physics. Meaning you cannot deploy the big box of ammo or meds if there isn't room or plenty of space in game, to put it down.
  • chuckandcotton
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @xROLLIN_STON3x I have noticed this but I actually think it has something to do with the game physics. Meaning you cannot deploy the big box of ammo or meds if there isn't room or plenty of space in game, to put it down.

Yes. It kinda throws the bag about 5ft out.
  • xROLLIN_STON3x
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Will have to test this but I'm sure you have to press twice even if your in the open.
  • Killer_Satan666
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The game need a serious fix
  • Fonz77ita
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same problem, still going on after the first patch. I can't believe there's still this habit of putting out games so full of problems
  • Sp3hshullEd
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wow. This is a glitch. I thought I was pressing up by mistake lol. Glad to know I'm not alone
  • shack_up
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Remapping buttons is not going to resolve the issue, it will just move it to a different function.

Dice needs to just fix the glitch.

wrong - I dont have my mask come up anymore since i changed my right directional to my triangle. I even changed my R1 to R2 and L1 to L2 and now i have it similiar to my Socom setup.

I do wish they would fix it but at least i can use this work around. also if you want to keep your normal config all you have to do is untick the box.

• TheRealWitblitz
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is that what it was, I feel less stupid now thanks.
  • olik6659
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here! Very annoying