Weekly Debrief

Anyone else struggling to get used to the aiming?

Comments

• rower1972
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I got the same here in bf4 i won a lot of gunfights and last times i played Always had a high kd ratio. But here in bf1 i really suck and it is not a real joy, this is because i loose Almost every gunfight, most of the time i dont even have a chance to shoot back because they kill me with one or two bullets. Or i have a gunfight where i fire like 4 to 5 bullets and i see hitmarkers and then they take cover come out of cover and kill me with one or two bullets again and this happens over and over again. I dont think it is the aiming because in my situation i do see hitmarkers but they just dont drop it makes me go camping and trying to surprise someone but it doesnt help me to get good scores. I dont know what is wrong with the game i hope in time they will fix this because in general it is a nice game.
  • Ebounce88
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Something is very wacky although it could be just how they wanted to old World War 1 weapons to feel.. I'm hoping its it's just the firSt guns that suck at aiming/competing and I will unlock a nice one soon.. about 3 weapons unlocked so far no go.
  • DangerousDan321
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ive turned off aim assists and that seems to have made no difference. Playing with the Mondragon Storm aswell so much better than the starting weapon.Really struggling to find the motivation to play this game atm. Will be going back to BF4 very soon i think.
  • Rob_420_24_7
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People hate on me every time I say this but I just want the BF4 sensitivity and aim back.
  • Sp3hshullEd
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah. I feel like my aim have been particularly bad in this battlefield compared to the others. I think it could have to do with the various aim sensitivities that we get with each magnification. There are options for changing them but I find it overwhelming tbh
  • TheRealWitblitz
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Damn. Thought I was the only one until I found this thread. I'm not the world's best player but at least I enjoyed myself in BF4, but in BF1 I get annihilated and something did feel off in the aim. I hope DICE is tweaking this.
  • SeedyRatio
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Aim acceleration, dead zone or both seem awkward to me too. It helps to turn down soldier zoom sensitivity tho, give it a try.
  • This_Game_Lagz
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Damn. Thought I was the only one until I found this thread. I'm not the world's best player but at least I enjoyed myself in BF4, but in BF1 I get annihilated and something did feel off in the aim. I hope DICE is tweaking this.

Weapons are zeroed to 75m

Projectiles are slightly higher than center <75m and slightly lower than center past 75m. ( Depending on the weapon.)

Some rifles have the option to be zeroed at 75m, 150m, and 300m.

If the projectile is fired at 0m it will travel upward against gravity until reaching it's highest point when the downward vector of gravity alters the upward vector of the projectile and begins to decend the projectile.

The arc of a projectile is static for each weapon.

The sight can be zeroed and will provide a Straight Line of Sight to where the bullet will intersect with the line projected from the sight at the zeroed range.

Each weapon has a different projectile arc.

Learn the projectile path of your weapon, you lazy scrub.
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm at 48hrs and i'm used to it now. No more problems.
  • Lordhumpe
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Iv spent 90 % as assault (SMG) and i got no problems with the sensability. To much wining around in the forum. Admit, you are crap if your stats are low.
  • Palamino
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I really wasn't having too difficult a time aiming with my normal weapons using the default sensitivity settings, but when I would try to use a turret inside a tank or a stationary gun and aim down the sights, the reticle would start moving slowly, then suddenly accelerate out of control in the direction I was turning. This was very frustrating. After reading some other posts in the BF1 forums and the BF4 forums, I learned of a feature that is disabled by default in Battlefield 1. After I turned on this feature, with the default sensitivity settings, now the turrets behave very similar to normal weapons when aimed down sights and I no longer have the wild acceleration issues.

The settings is called Uniform Soldier Aiming, and as I mentioned, it is set to OFF by default. Turn this option ON if you are having the problems I described above. The setting is located under Options -> Controls -> Advanced, the scroll down very near the bottom of the list of advanced options.

Even with Uniform Soldier Aiming (USA) turned on, the turrets on boats and on ground seemed to move too slow when aiming down sights (ADS). At this point, I increased the Turret ADS sensitivity from the default 100% to 150%, and this provided the best experience for me. Hopefully these tips will help some of you that are also suffering from the issues I described.
  • MajorRuined
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thankyou Palamino for the advice on the settings i will give it a try in about 8 hours after i wake up, now off to sleep, i will update this thread on your advice and how it worked for me in game.
    Gn all.
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lordhumpe wrote: »
    Iv spent 90 % as assault (SMG) and i got no problems with the sensability. To much wining around in the forum. Admit, you are crap if your stats are low.

Uses assault, calls others crap.

Hillarious
  • Mestyy92
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would say I am struggling, but I know I'm just not good at these games lol.
  • Sawtooth75
    906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Guys, keep the discussion on topic and refrain from trolling.
  • DangerousDan321
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks Palamino. I will give that a try later mate
  • Kolonelva
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've always been a PC player, but with hackers, I got tired of it and wanna play where the field is even. So I jump into this via PS4 and I'm not a fan right now. The recoil on these guns is absolutely atrocious. Trying to aim on this damn game just blows!!! The computer version of BF, aiming was always so much easier. Fix the damn recoil please!
  • xBigOrangeHeadx
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    When I turned on Uniform Soldier Aiming it helped a lot. But I also noticed that many of the Assault and Medic guns default to a higher zoom level when you equip them than you might expect. For example the Cei Rigotti Optical starts at 2x zoom. I suspect most infantry players coming from BF4 are used to 1x zoom at most. So double check the zoom setting on your weapon and tweak it down.