Weekly Debrief

Top Questions Regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program

Comments

• PancakesZA
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    PancakesZA wrote: »
    Spiderco4 wrote: »
    Well we decided to up and leave, it's a shame and I love this game dearly but honestly our experience at 200 latency is not the same as the guys playing at 20-30ms.
    We paid more than most countries, we supported the game, but we're not in a region deemed worthy or profitable for EA to give us official local servers. Still no update on the RSP either.

Good news! Your refund request was approved. Thanks for your patience.

At least Origin support understood the frustration.

Where do you request for a refund?

In Origin, just click on help. It'll then forward you to the Origin site where you can select the problem/nature of your complaint. There will be a drop down menu and in there you can select request a refund. You'll then be forwarded to a chat window with Origin support and they'll ask you acc info ect and a reason for your refund request and that's it.

You can also open your origin client, go to your transaction list and click the refund button next to the game, if it is eligible for refund.

I did try this but it would not go through, not sure why though.
    Thanx though.
  • DirtyLittleGoat
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well we decided to up and leave, it's a shame and I love this game dearly but honestly our experience at 200 latency is not the same as the guys playing at 20-30ms.
    We paid more than most countries, we supported the game, but we're not in a region deemed worthy or profitable for EA to give us official local servers. Still no update on the RSP either.

In Origin, just click on help. It'll then forward you to the Origin site where you can select the problem/nature of your complaint. There will be a drop down menu and in there you can select request a refund. You'll then be forwarded to a chat window with Origin support and they'll ask you acc info ect and a reason for your refund request and that's it.

You can also open your origin client, go to your transaction list and click the refund button next to the game, if it is eligible for refund.

Thanx though.

Another person on the forums mentioned this and in the end they spoke to EA chat peeps and they pushed the refund through.
  • PancakesZA

Thanx though.

Thanx though.

Another person on the forums mentioned this and in the end they spoke to EA chat peeps and they pushed the refund through.

Yeah which is what I ended up doing. Although through a longer route lol

Eh makes me sad though...my love for this game runs deep.
  • The_Spaniard1876
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    S5_Jdge320 wrote: »
    Because four days ago the peak was 175,000 on PC. Some of us are checking daily
    That might be due to people playing the trial? I am guessing once the trial runs out, you leave the list of active players.

No, active players is players in the last 'x' hours. Peak players is highest population during the last 24 hours. Type of account has nothing at all to do with count.
    From BF1stats:
    PC: 101,597 (24h peak: 134,546)
  • The_Spaniard1876
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

you didn't even wait for the update we're supposed to get today?
  • MagmaDawg
    163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2016
    @Braddock512 To get on track with questions being added to the master list:
    How will clans be able to pay for a server? Will they have to collect the money locally and then rent a server, or will you (EA) be able to offer each clan member a "pay individually" feature through the server hosting company(ies) you will/have contracted with. Not having these features might turn off clans from renting servers; with scammers, and frauds, etc.
    Plenty of clans would like to have a good system for paying monthly/quarterly fees, etc. Seems as if an admin needs to pay the whole fee and then collect locally with all members. Just asking, since I'm trying to figure out how clans have been doing it; how clans' servers through 3rd party hosters had their system set up, and how EA will do it.
    PS: I believe someone brought this up earlier in this thread, or another.
    Post edited by MagmaDawg on
  • TM-RealTommentor
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @GReeN_ORB
    You do understand completely where I'm at, it appears. Great suggestion (and I'm going to use it.)

Yes, I do have some information, everyone. I'm working on finalizing (to ensure it doesn't change) and will have a small update on Friday. No, it will not be everything you want to know, and for that, I'm sorry. I truly am working to get more answers - on a daily basis.
    As I've previously stated, I get your frustration. I do. I understand it, I feel it, it affects me.

Getting snarky, getting abusive - that doesn't further the conversation (it will actually end it for some), so let's try to be a little less of that. No, it's not fair that you don't have all the answers. That doesn't excuse you from following the rules of the community. Don't make me be the "bad guy" because you choose to vent your frustration in a way that violates the forum rules/guidelines.

Okay. So, agreed - Friday I will have some form of update. (Please note - I didn't specify an exact time and I live in the Central Time Zone for the US. ) No need to spam "Where is the update?!" at 4AM my time. Additionally, when it's 12AM Saturday your time, take into account that it's probably still during the workday in my timezone. (Let's think GLOBALLY.)

-Braddock512-

I don't know if you get this a lot, but thank you for your continuing hard work...we as gamers/admins/consumers are greatly investing monetarily and emotionally, so people are getting heated and passionate. However, just wanted to say thanks!
  • xB-NomadSoul
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    S5_Jdge320 wrote: »
    Because four days ago the peak was 175,000 on PC. Some of us are checking daily
    That might be due to people playing the trial? I am guessing once the trial runs out, you leave the list of active players.

No, active players is players in the last 'x' hours. Peak players is highest population during the last 24 hours. Type of account has nothing at all to do with count.
    From BF1stats:
    PC: 101,597 (24h peak: 134,546)

I think he meant that as the trial period ends for many players it would affect the 24h active player numbers. Seeing that those players can't play anymore..
  • Braddock512
    1287 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @TM-RealTommentor Thanks! I do this because I truly care about the Battlefield community and this franchise.

MINOR UPDATE:
    I will be posting a few (not an exhaustive list, unfortunately) updates regarding functionality/features for Battlefield 1 RSP in the main announcement thread. No, it won't be the answer to every question, and some of the IMPORTANT questions are still not completely locked (meaning, I don't have an answer I can share at this time, but am going to be pushing for those answers over the weekend.)
    So, to sum up:
    Minor update today to the announcement thread.
    POSSIBLE info update on Tuesday (this could change. Will keep you posted)

Thanks, all.
    -Braddock512-
  • TSU_IrishAceKavo
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @TM-RealTommentor Thanks! I do this because I truly care about the Battlefield community and this franchise.

MINOR UPDATE:
    I will be posting a few (not an exhaustive list, unfortunately) updates regarding functionality/features for Battlefield 1 RSP in the main announcement thread. No, it won't be the answer to every question, and some of the IMPORTANT questions are still not completely locked (meaning, I don't have an answer I can share at this time, but am going to be pushing for those answers over the weekend.)
    So, to sum up:
    Minor update today to the announcement thread.
    POSSIBLE info update on Tuesday (this could change. Will keep you posted)

Thanks, all.
    -Braddock512-

Thanks
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    so basicaly its "ask whatever u like, we will answer whatever we like?" why do you call it updates and not answers? for gods sake i hope its not another "you can change map and modes update"
  • NWG_Playmaker
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    "Gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today"
  • DirtyLittleGoat
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ♫ "Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying ..." ♫
  • FrayedSew
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @Braddock512

Is there any chance to get real status's on the list. IE "considering implementing" or "No answer yet" or "Possible if easy to implement" etc... something honest for an answer.

A time frame would be nice as well.

I don't know what the big corporations are afraid of; but the "Gun Bench" for Hardline drove me nuts. You couldn't even get an answer to what it was going to be. I don't think we knew ANYTHING till the last DLC dropped; and by that time it was too late. I think it was a pretty decent implementation by the way and I'm sure most Hardline players never got to try it.

Just be honest with us if you can. I know that not everyone is going to be reasonable; but that's what the ban hammer is for :)

Let's make Battlefield great again! ... (too soon?)
  • FrayedSew
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    "Gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today"

Wow .. a Popeye movie reference ... Good 'ol Robin Williams movie :)
  • MagmaDawg
    edited October 2016
    @sectorpatrol
    Isn't it a bit misleading of EA to not say what BF 1's server system would be like before launch? Issues like this would not have happened. Not sure about Fragnet's policies, etc., but this server rental program should've been resolved months ago. I agree there.
    Update: Not sure what happened to your post, @sectorpatrol... Did you remove it?
  • PancakesZA

you didn't even wait for the update we're supposed to get today?

Why would I?
    Honestly EA and Dice have had enough time, when BF4 came out we could pre order servers weeks ahead of launch.
    There is no reason and I mean none for them not to share the server regions with us. The game has been in development for years, I'm sure they didn't decide 3 weeks ago.."You know let's rather host the servers ourselves"..
    The same goes for server control and server options/settings.

@Braddock512 has done an admirable job with what he's been given, I sure as hell don't want to be in his position so it's not fair for me or anyone else to take it out on him. So eventually it becomes frustrating and instead of getting angry or miserable I would rather just remove the thing causing the frustration.

Yes I want to play BF1 with all my heart and soul, but I can't be happy when I know I have done everything in my power(Custom built pc that cost me R57 000, that converts to around $4000. Blazing fast Inet (Pretty much the fastest available for ordinary people in SA) and my experience of BF1 is sub par to everyone else playing. This doesn't even include the insane price of the game in South Africa. Standard Edition R999 ($73), Digital Deluxe edition is R1100 ($80), Ultimate edition comes in at R1899 ($138).

Oh and no I didn't just buy the PC for BF1 but I did want BF1 as my main multiplayer FPS game for the next 12-18 Months.

God I sound like a whiny prat.
  • Oldhund
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Where did the post, with the mail from EA go.
  • SteadyFlow
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Seems like a dirty trick on EA's part to delay Rental Server Details - else too many people may not have bought the game or applied for refund if they knew the details of the Rental Server program early.

Now it's too late for some of the faithful who have stuck around to ask for a refund - nice one EA !
  • MagmaDawg
    SteadyFlow wrote: »
    Seems like a dirty trick on EA's part to delay Rental Server Details - else too many people may not have bought the game or applied for refund if they knew the details of the Rental Server program.

Now it's too late for a lot of people to ask for a refund - nice one EA !
    ---
    EA customer reps has said it was DICE's decision all along.
This discussion has been closed.