Top Questions Regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program

Comments

• MagmaDawg
    163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Oldhund wrote: »
    Where did the post, with the mail from EA go.
    ---
    Removed.

• Braddock512
    1328 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    It was removed due to having employee information/details. Moreover, as I work with the Dev team, information in there was not 100% up-to-date (and I've followed up with that team).
    -Braddock512-
  • SteadyFlow
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    MagmaDawg wrote: »
    EA customer reps has said it was DICE's decision all along.

Well, it's nice of EA customer rep to drop that juicy nugget of info ! I don't buy it though - this is EA's rent-a-server program, not DICE's. Anyways, EA is the parent company and have final say on such issues, i.e, server deployment, region support, policies, etc.
  • SteadyFlow
    ---
    Removed.

What was in the post ?
  • MagmaDawg
    edited October 2016
    SteadyFlow wrote: »
    EA customer reps has said it was DICE's decision all along.

Well, it's nice of EA customer rep to drop that juicy nugget of info !
    ---
    Corrections: That was from the Custom Relations team, I remember.
    But, as @Braddock512 said; it might not have been correct info, and customer service reps/individuals are wrong at times.
    Issue: Any compensation for issues based on "faulty" communication and/or direct advertising in print form/video form could lead to compensation, but this was not the case.
    I think the issue was that the clan admin had their funds intended for BF 1 stuck on Fragnet's account, and their policy was "no refunds". Not an EA/DICE issue, but the main issue was that EA/DICE never said anything earlier, and made some clans/admins think it would be a server system carrying over from previous titles; the latest being HARDLINE.
    BATTLEFRONT isn't a Battlefield title, so assuming that the next BF title would have a similar server system isn't that far-fetched. That's where the dispute was/is.

• werntastic
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @TM-RealTommentor Thanks! I do this because I truly care about the Battlefield community and this franchise.

MINOR UPDATE:
    I will be posting a few (not an exhaustive list, unfortunately) updates regarding functionality/features for Battlefield 1 RSP in the main announcement thread. No, it won't be the answer to every question, and some of the IMPORTANT questions are still not completely locked (meaning, I don't have an answer I can share at this time, but am going to be pushing for those answers over the weekend.)
    So, to sum up:
    Minor update today to the announcement thread.
    POSSIBLE info update on Tuesday (this could change. Will keep you posted)

Thanks, all.
    -Braddock512-

So the update was a deleted update and a promise for a possible future minor update?
  • xB-DeathKnell
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    PancakesZA wrote: »
    PancakesZA wrote: »
    Well we decided to up and leave, it's a shame and I love this game dearly but honestly our experience at 200 latency is not the same as the guys playing at 20-30ms.
    We paid more than most countries, we supported the game, but we're not in a region deemed worthy or profitable for EA to give us official local servers. Still no update on the RSP either.

Good news! Your refund request was approved. Thanks for your patience.

At least Origin support understood the frustration.

you didn't even wait for the update we're supposed to get today?

Why would I?
    Honestly EA and Dice have had enough time, when BF4 came out we could pre order servers weeks ahead of launch.
    There is no reason and I mean none for them not to share the server regions with us. The game has been in development for years, I'm sure they didn't decide 3 weeks ago.."You know let's rather host the servers ourselves"..
    The same goes for server control and server options/settings.

@Braddock512 has done an admirable job with what he's been given, I sure as hell don't want to be in his position so it's not fair for me or anyone else to take it out on him. So eventually it becomes frustrating and instead of getting angry or miserable I would rather just remove the thing causing the frustration.

Yes I want to play BF1 with all my heart and soul, but I can't be happy when I know I have done everything in my power(Custom built pc that cost me R57 000, that converts to around $4000. Blazing fast Inet (Pretty much the fastest available for ordinary people in SA) and my experience of BF1 is sub par to everyone else playing. This doesn't even include the insane price of the game in South Africa. Standard Edition R999 ($73), Digital Deluxe edition is R1100 ($80), Ultimate edition comes in at R1899 ($138).

Oh and no I didn't just buy the PC for BF1 but I did want BF1 as my main multiplayer FPS game for the next 12-18 Months.

God I sound like a whiny prat.

Some extra context on those prices for those who don't know; apparently people from China etc were using VPNs to buy South African locked games at a lower price. So what do they do? They screw South Africa by making OUR prices skyrocket, in order to stop it.

That, along with the very low probability of there being South African based servers, and you have a pretty clear picture of how much EA gives a poop about the African market. Disgraceful!
  • SteadyFlow
    edited October 2016
    It's funny how it works.

EA sells games to regions and does not provide servers in those regions.

People in said region have no choice but to play in out-of-region servers, messing up the gaming experience for all.

Now EA cannot introduce high-ping ban features in their servers since where else will those people play ?

Everyone is unhappy - Until they introduce local servers in EVERY REGION where they sold their games.

And don't give me the ridiculous argument that people will play out-of-region even if they have populated local servers.
    Post edited by SteadyFlow on
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    so basicaly whats he is saying is that DICE decided to flush the communities down the drain? That DICE that stated its never gonna charge ppl for map packs? something is fishy here
  • SteadyFlow
    edited October 2016
    Imho DICE would only be responsible for the technical aspects of the server, ie. server architecture, servers features, etc.

However, EA as publisher will be responsible for policy decisions, ie: server deployment, server pricing, region availability, info dissemination, marketing, etc.
  • xcasxcursex
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And don't give me the ridiculous argument that people will play out-of-region even if they have populated local servers.

There is no argument, it's a fact:
    https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/en/forum/threadview/2955065239077547697/793/
  • sectorpatrol
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    the most interesting line is INTENDED FEATURE indicating this was planned all the time.
  • SteadyFlow
    edited October 2016

https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/en/forum/threadview/2955065239077547697/793/

Umm this incoherent thread is for BF4 Console platform where the 3'rd party server community isn't as strong as it is on PC. Also, consoles have only bar-indicators for ping and not actually ping values , where each bar can indicate a huge variance in ping value, hence they never really know how good of a connection they have !

While I'm sure this problem occurs once in a while, it cannot be a rampant issue.
  • RevFX-Himsa
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    gg DICE
  • Baabbas
    208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Umm this incoherent thread is for BF4 Console platform where the 3'rd party server community isn't as strong as it is on PC. Also, consoles have only bar-indicators for ping and not actually ping values , where each bar can indicate a huge variance in ping value, hence they never really know how good of a connection they have !

even though its for console, I am starting to see a lot of (bad) similarities in both platforms, which is making me worried,
    The thing that made me jump platforms was the ability to play in ping locked servers, something that seems is no longer possible

I hope I am wrong
  • Braddock512
    1328 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    The post was removed and warning was given.
    I have talked to that representative's manager as the information he provided was not up-to-date. @sectorpatrol Do not post it again.

As I work alongside the Dev team, I'm more informed than someone in our Customer Relations team. I know they mean well, but that had incomplete information.
    -Braddock512-
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    i am little sad DICE doesnt have theyr own CM anymore, we could have amazing twitter wars
  • SteadyFlow
    @Braddock512 rather than admonishing him you can clarify what was not up-to-date or incomplete.
  • MagmaDawg
    kL-SnAjP wrote: »
    i am little sad DICE doesnt have theyr own CM anymore, we could have amazing twitter wars
    ---
    May we never forget...
    http://i.imgur.com/VJkV5HI.jpg
  • -Q-DoePa
    89 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The post was removed and warning was given.
    I have talked to that representative's manager as the information he provided was not up-to-date. @sectorpatrol Do not post it again.

As I work alongside the Dev team, I'm more informed than someone in our Customer Relations team. I know they mean well, but that had incomplete information.
    -Braddock512-

So plenty of time for all of this but not what we are really here for - those long awaited "complete" answers...
This discussion has been closed.