SEA servers for PC

Comments

• Tajaba-Oldman
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So I heard that Titanfall 2 actually has SEA Servers.......but Battlefield 1 doesn't

What in the actual hell is going on?
  • ytheoryl
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    fully agree! In BF4 there're servers in Hongkong, Singapore and Japan. Now why only Japan server available? the ping and packet loss is terrible sometimes. I have to fight with enemy face to face, 20ms vs 200ms!!!
  • Foamingos
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The irony when the loading screen tells you how many Indian soldiers fought or how many Chinese laborers contributed during WW1.
  • Tajaba-Oldman
    Yup, our ancestors died for a European war 100 years ago so that their grandchildren can play a game about their war 100 years ago at a MASSIVE DISADVANTAGE to the Europeans who started the war in the first place.

The irony is so rich I can almost taste it in my mouth
  • VaultFalcone
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bump. It's not that EA isn't capable of establishing servers it's just they don't want to. $$
  • SteadyFlow
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Folks, I think we have to give up hopes for extensive server region support unlike what we had with BF4/3. The reason are the details in this post:

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/rent-a-server-for-battlefield-1

It mentions specifically, "..First off, we will be able to secure the quality of the actual hardware. Since the servers come from the same provider, it will give everyone the same uniform experience."

Since the same provider is providing the hardware for everyone, can you imagine the logistics of shipping and maintaining the server hardware in every nook and corner or the world ? Unlike the previous 3rd party servers that could be built locally and just need the server software to run.

This server rental program would be similar to the server rental program for consoles in BF4 , i.e very limited region support.

Check out this video of server issues in BF4 if you're interested.

Battlefield Servers: PC vs Console (Goto 9:40 where video talks about server region selection for consoles, likely what we'll get for PC now !
    Is this how it is currently for Consoles ? Someone pls comment)

Out Of Region Player Issue Fixed? Dual FHT Support, Connection Quality Icon Changed, ...
  • DingoKillr
    3506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SteadyFlow wrote: »
    Folks, I think we have to give up hopes for extensive server region support unlike what we had with BF4/3. The reason are the details in this post:

It mentions specifically, "..First off, we will be able to secure the quality of the actual hardware. Since the servers come from the same provider, it will give everyone the same uniform experience."

Since the same provider is providing the hardware for everyone, can you imagine the logistics of shipping and maintaining the server hardware in every nook and corner or the world ? Unlike the previous 3rd party servers that could be built locally and just need the server software to run.

This server rental program would be similar to the server rental program for consoles in BF4 , i.e very limited region support.

Check out this video of server issues in BF4 if you're interested.

Battlefield Servers: PC vs Console (Goto 9:40 where video talks about server region selection for consoles, likely what we'll get for PC now !
    Is this how it is currently for Consoles ? Someone pls comment)

Out Of Region Player Issue Fixed? Dual FHT Support, Connection Quality Icon Changed, ...

Maybe in you mind it fixed not in mine.
  • Flanar1
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Going to keep bumping
  • DefencerX
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016

Actually, thats the very reason for this thread isn't it. I am sure most of us already know about the server rental monopoly by now. Which is also why we are fighting for SEA Servers to at the very least be made available for rent. And keep fighting we will. Don't give up guys. I heard even Titanfall 2 has SG servers (not sure how true, saw in one of the post). Nothing much we could do besides keep trying to be heard.

Nice video about hit registration by the way. So it looks like our pings at best are still below 250, so we dont get the ''invulnerability'' that people complain high ping players have. But however, we have to compensate with our shots registering much later. Which is BS. Handicapfield One!
  • AlTeqR
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bump !
  • TEAMKILLER0703
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DefencerX wrote: »

Actually, thats the very reason for this thread isn't it. I am sure most of us already know about the server rental monopoly by now. Which is also why we are fighting for SEA Servers to at the very least be made available for rent. And keep fighting we will. Don't give up guys. I heard even Titanfall 2 has SG servers (not sure how true, saw in one of the post). Nothing much we could do besides keep trying to be heard.

Nice video about hit registration by the way. So it looks like our pings at best are still below 250, so we dont get the ''invulnerability'' that people complain high ping players have. But however, we have to compensate with our shots registering much later. Which is BS. Handicapfield One!

i can confirm that titanfall 2 has SG servers and they are working quite well
  • VaultFalcone
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bump for SEA servers
  • shoompon
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    refund this game and buy titanfall 2 it had SEA sv.
  • James_D_Sidious
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    shoompon wrote: »
    refund this game and buy titanfall 2 it had SEA sv.

Why would you buy Titanfall 2? You only support the same company that refuses to comment on this situation.

• sammad143
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Seems like Origin/EA just banned an entire country- https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5a51e2/ea_games_and_origin_quietly_bans_an_entire/?st=iuwzp5m6&sh=08e9d515

Meanwhile we are demanding for servers in our regions, regions they sold the game to.
  • James_D_Sidious
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ^^ oh wow. In b4 lock now.
  • Tajaba-Oldman
    get your refunds before its too late guys!
  • DefencerX
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    its probably too late for refunds for most of us.. just chill out guys. nothing we can do but keep this topic in their thoughts or at least get heard. titanfall 2 has servers so I guess it's a start..

heres to hoping they realised their almighty screwup for BF1(hence Titanfall 2 has SEA Servers) and that they will HOPEFULLY fix it soon. doesnt hurt to try and hope.
  • M3teora
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    BF3 and BF4 had tons of SEA (Singapore) Servers—it would be good if they can at least give us a rational explanation as to why they are not adopting the same for BF1. Does it really cost alot for them to have local servers in regions like SEA and South Africa?
  • menace_AK
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Man this is so frustrating..I'm constantly getting pwned on those high ping Japanese servers..