This Week in Battlefield V

DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• oxidox1
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    gtx 770 , still crashing in some maps .... FIX GODDAMNIT
  • FancySquirrel
    33 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE
    Hi all,
    We are aware of the various DX crashes and we are investigating together with our partners and hope to be able to resolve these issues soon.
    We will keep you updated when we have new information.

For those of you who are experiencing DX crashes, have you tried turning down the settings to low? Did that help?
  • maista23
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi all,
    We are aware of the various DX crashes and we are investigating together with our partners and hope to be able to resolve these issues soon.

For those of you who are experiencing DX crashes, have you tried turning down the settings to low? Did that help?

We tried everything :-)
  • sinisterNL
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi all,

This post makes me lose all faith in getting a solution anytime soon.

It's infuriating.
  • Murqana
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    edited
    Post edited by Murqana on
  • naughtilion
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Hi all,

I am playing with low settings and still get the error sometimes. (gtx 770)
    Yesterday a collegue got the same error for the first time after 60 hours of ingame time... it really seems to occure completely random?
  • Trakth0r
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Hi all,

Hi - finally some official answer,
    • we tried everything. Just see the original post.
    • Right now I tried rush mode with newest Nvidia drivers, all latest Windows 10 updates.
    • Game on Low settings - borderless, windowed mode (only one that I can return from after crash), Fullscreen (need to reboot whole computer after crash)
    • Tried v-sync on/off
    • DX 11/12 with every possible settings combination.
    • Factory clock GTX 770. I tried to underclock it, increase voltage
    • Disabled XMP in BIOS so stock CPU clock
    • Tried a lot of parameters change in profile files (reverted those to original if it didn't help)
    • Changed a lot of settings in Nvidia control panel.
    • Disabled GeForce experience
    • Disabled every overlay that is possible (Origin, etc)
    • Created clean user account with only standard Windows services running and running BF1 there
    • Clean install of only Nvidia graphical drivers (no HD audio, etc.)
    • New install of Realtek audio drivers.
    • Disconnected second monitor
    • Game repair via Origin (no errors found)
    • etc.
    • etc.

Still crashing randomly. Sometimes after few minutes. Sometimes after one round, sometimes after more rounds.
    There is better graphical performance in fullscreen, but as I said, if the game crashes then I need to restart whole computer (no alt+tab, ctrl+esc, win key, or ctrl+alt+delete combo works)
    Second run of game after the crash in borderless seems more laggy then the first run of the game. More FPS drops, Less FPS overall.
    After PC restart it goes back to better performance. Looks like some "garbage" is left in GPU memory/cache or somewher in system/driver after the crash (don't know about that stuff)

If you need some lab rat to test something I volunteer ;) If you need some logs, debugs, etc. I will be very happy to help.

Spec.:
    Intel i5 3570K - 3,40 GHz
    Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB RAM (GV-N770OC-2GD)
    8GB RAM

• Speikiii
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    OMG, when i see that:
    "FancySquirrel wrote:
    Hi all,

For those of you who are experiencing DX crashes, have you tried turning down the settings to low? Did that help?"

I know we get never a fix

• TheShavenYak
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We even tried sacrificing goats which didnt wo......hmm......GRAB HIM!
  • TheJedijens
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi all,

Seriously, this is such an ignorant response. There are 134 pages in this thread, go through it all, understand the problem and that we have tried everything and then reply.
  • Netsky4life
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    fix your engine!
  • mrHallodri
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Finally we get an official answer and then this? Jesus christ, they still have no clue what it is.

At least they start looking into it...
  • Grimtalos
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Getting DX crashes pretty much every round, using a GTX 690. The strange thing is a I can play the Oil of Empires operation without experiencing a crash. The DX error has only appeared when playing none Middle East maps. I also get the errors when playing the campaign, getting a bit bored of playing the same operation over and over again.
  • FancySquirrel
    33 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE
    I need to clarify what I mean by lower settings: If everything else is the same and the only thing you are changing is the settings, does that affect how often you get a DX crash?
  • eule590000
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    playing for 5 hours without a crash, finally saturday and making a party with friends, after 5 minutes crash. can't rejoin because of 292929 other bugs. great! 59€ for a piece of crap.
    just so fu****g annoying.
  • Neo_Bahamut_19
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    I need to clarify what I mean by lower settings: If everything else is the same and the only thing you are changing is the settings, does that affect how often you get a DX crash?

I noticed for a bit after turning off Vsync that I crashed within 2-3 minutes of starting a match... Then I turned it on and suddenly I made it a whole round, then crash, then round, then crash, then round (at this point I'm thinking, "hey, this might have helped"), then crash... then crash after 2-3 minutes... then crash again after 2-3 minutes...

In the end, was just a placebo effect and I was getting lucky. Same goes for any other solution I've tried, out of all the ones suggested here. I seriously think it has to do with the engine. These errors started cropping up with the emergence of the Frostbite 2.0 Engine (BF3) and we've had issues with this crash all the way up through the 3.0 engine (BF4, BFH, BF1, etc.)

To be clear: Seems random, sometimes I can play for more than an hour, sometimes less than 3 minutes. I've literally crashed on all the maps... I've been keeping a >mental< checklist. Certain ones crash more than others, but I have successfully crashed on all of them. Maybe an achievement is in order?
  • Radenammed
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i have same problem but on 1080 gtx (WTF)
  • sinisterNL
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Stop trying to put the ball in our court it's DICE that needs to do something not us, we have tried everything as you can see in over a 1000 posts in this thread.
This discussion has been closed.