This Week in Battlefield V

Top Questions Regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program

Comments

• Toolazy2Diee
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Slashette wrote: »
    One question too i have forgotten, are we ever gonna be able to add our Clan tags????

This is a good question, it should be ingame already. Well I do not have BF1 yet so I just wonder these flaws.
  • Toolazy2Diee
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2016
    player count shouldnt be included in custom server setings, the default values offer the best experience.

Default velues does NOT offer best experience.What I heard this game has 64 CQ and 24 rush, does not sound best experience. So player count should be changed for every ranked server. For example, I like 32/48 CQ and 32 plr Rush in BF4.
  • SteadyFlow
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Folks, I think we have to give up hopes for extensive server region support unlike what we had with BF4/3. The reason are the details in this post:

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/rent-a-server-for-battlefield-1

It mentions specifically, "..First off, we will be able to secure the quality of the actual hardware. Since the servers come from the same provider, it will give everyone the same uniform experience."

Since the same provider is providing the hardware for everyone, can you imagine the logistics of shipping and maintaining the server hardware in every nook and corner or the world ? Unlike the previous 3rd party servers that could be built locally and just need the server software to run.

This server rental program would be similar to the server rental program for consoles in BF4 , i.e very limited region support.

Check out this video of server issues in BF4 if you're interested.

Battlefield Servers: PC vs Console (Goto 9:40 where video talks about server region selection for consoles, likely what we'll get for PC now !
    Is this how it is currently for Consoles ? Someone pls comment)

Out Of Region Player Issue Fixed? Dual FHT Support, Connection Quality Icon Changed, ...

• Pitbruiser
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @TM-RealTommentor Thanks! I do this because I truly care about the Battlefield community and this franchise.

MINOR UPDATE:
    I will be posting a few (not an exhaustive list, unfortunately) updates regarding functionality/features for Battlefield 1 RSP in the main announcement thread. No, it won't be the answer to every question, and some of the IMPORTANT questions are still not completely locked (meaning, I don't have an answer I can share at this time, but am going to be pushing for those answers over the weekend.)
    So, to sum up:
    Minor update today to the announcement thread.
    POSSIBLE info update on Tuesday (this could change. Will keep you posted)

Thanks, all.
    -Braddock512-

@Braddock512 the "updates" you had posted on 10/19 and 10/28 are what is already on the server description page for each server. How can you claim these as being updates if all you are doing is repeating what is already visible to players who bought the game?

The following video, posted by LevelCap gaming on September 15th, already posted these so-called "updates" and he even discusses the items you posted below:

UPDATE 1:

What types of features can I expect?
    Among many other settings, players renting servers will be able to adjust: •ticket count
    •bullet damage
    •modes
    •weapons
    •maps

More info to come!
    -Braddock512-
    North American Community Manager - Braddock512

Braddock512

Braddock512
    • BF3MOHWBF4BFHBF1
    October 28, 2016 1:11PM edited October 28

Update 2:

Additional features you can enable/disable in rented servers:

• Kill Cam
    • Minimap
    • Friendly Fire
    • 3D Spotting
    • Fog

@Braddock512 can you elaborate how your updates above are in anyway telling us something new, or, if they answer at all any of the questions on the server questions master list?
  • l-Mielie-l
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @Braddock512 unfortunately I cant believe that you are here to help the community anymore...

Just as a smokescreen to be used to hide the fact that DICE/EA don't care about their player base anymore.
    It a really sad day because I have been playing BF from 1942 and have every title even the ones that utterly failed.
    But CTE gave me hope and told us that DICE LA was willing to help the community.
    Unfortunately now I see even DICE LA has fallen to corporate bureaucracy and don't even have the honour to answer 30+- very important questions.

Sad day in deed...
    Please stop playing with the community and giving false hope...
  • nukeJP
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I begin to feel that all of questions we have given to Dice/EA in this thread may be completely useless.
    They say 'I hear you'. Yes, that's true. Only hearing.

They answer what they want to share. Not we want to know.

In this case, why do you ask us for questions? What does that mean?
    So far, you only tell BF1 server features would be similar to what was BF4/BFH other than server will be hosted on EA instead of 3rd party after all of the discussion here.

I cannot say @Braddock512 doesn't do his job.
    He is taking too much offensive comments instead of EA/Dice who should take such comments.
    If @Braddock512 were provided with rich amount of info from core devs/managers, these meaningless conversation would not happen.
  • Right_2_B3ar
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2016
    What about reporting players for racist emblems? At least with rented servers where clans have control they can ban jerks who decide that a **** swastika is something they want the community to see. Or reporting players in general, there is no way to do so because there is no battlelog and no way to unless you remember the spelling of someone's name to report them to EA where nothing will get done. Funny, I cannot even type in **** without it being covered over but douchebags can have it as there emblem.
  • trig0tron
    324 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @HIVE-Flanker A delaying tactic would be me not coming to this thread and let it fester with negativity. I'm here, posting what I'm approved to share, and taking a lot of the heat. That's my job. (I'm not complaining, it IS my job.) More importantly, it's my passion because I care about getting information into your hands.

I speak plainly and with absolute truth to you all. As much as I can share, I do. One note: I have an email out, trying to get fast approval, to update AGAIN today.
    Answers to some of the bigger questions. Just got an update from the Dev team about it. (I really hope it goes through all the approvals today. Would really like to let you have that info.)

-Braddock512-

Thank you for your efforts Braddock.
    At what point is YOUR BOSS going to come here..? And respond to the community directly, as to WHY there are no answers..? No foresight, or support for the PC market, etc.

Or wondering when are YOU going to point this thread out to EA management, or DICE developers.. if you have not already? (I wonder what are they saying about the situation?)

Can we just get the truth for once... even if it is not what we want to hear? You know(?) an honest reply from EA like: "We didn't expect such popularity with the PC community... and are 3 month behind bringing on tourney-style Servers w/ full Admin control, etc...." Or whatever EA's answer is going to be. Not some pseudo-list cobbled together as lipservice. (At this point, I doubt we will get a dozen of those critical questions answered)

This is beyond frustrating... no reason for EA to be stringing Braddock & the PC community along like this. Honestly, for the good of this community, this whole Rental Server Program forum section should be deleted, with one post saying... "We don't know anything yet... coming soon!" Price this way-->

Thanks Braddock for trying to help, but understand it is about pointless now. The PC community already feels let down by EA/DICE's decisions (or lack there of).

But if you could, pass this along;
    PC community builds $2k rigs and buys $1k monitors to play PC Battlefield... did that slip EA's board of director's minds? Money for software is not an issue on the PC platform. Why is EA serving up McDonald's to the PC market, when their customers want the traditional steak and willing to pay a premium for it.

DICE should get back to making PC games, BF1942 wasn't made for the console..

If you want respect, you have to give it
    (10/29/2016 5am)

-trig0tron
  • DLight007
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    @HIVE-Flanker A delaying tactic would be me not coming to this thread and let it fester with negativity. I'm here, posting what I'm approved to share, and taking a lot of the heat. That's my job. (I'm not complaining, it IS my job.) More importantly, it's my passion because I care about getting information into your hands.

I speak plainly and with absolute truth to you all. As much as I can share, I do. One note: I have an email out, trying to get fast approval, to update AGAIN today.
    Answers to some of the bigger questions. Just got an update from the Dev team about it. (I really hope it goes through all the approvals today. Would really like to let you have that info.)

-Braddock512-
    Maybe you should actually tell your superiors about the "heat" here and make them understand how things are. That IS your job too.

• incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What about reporting players for racist emblems? At least with rented servers where clans have control they can ban jerks who decide that a **** swastika is something they want the community to see. Or reporting players in general, there is no way to do so because there is no battlelog and no way to unless you remember the spelling of someone's name to report them to EA where nothing will get done. Funny, I cannot even type in **** without it being covered over but douchebags can have it as there emblem.

Swastikas aren't inherently racist.

The **** brigade is a much bigger issue.
  • DLight007
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Then all WW2 insignium need to be banned, you can't just cherry-pick one. Well actually all war-related insignium would need to be banned.

• dfk_7677
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trig0tron wrote: »
    Can we just get the truth for once... even if it is not what we want to hear? You know(?) an honest reply from EA like: "We didn't expect such popularity with the PC community... and are 3 month behind bringing on tourney-style Servers w/ full Admin control, etc...." Or whatever EA's answer is going to be. Not some pseudo-list cobbled together as lipservice. (At this point, I doubt we will get a dozen of those critical questions answered)

We cannot get the truth because it would be damaging for sales, reviews, marketing etc. It is actually a combination of 'we are far behind' and 'PC server rentals will be on par with console ones in BF4'.

@Braddock512 is in a very difficult position, trying to not let this get even worse and stalling while the devs have some better answer to give.

• kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2016
    i dont think Bradock was told to "Pretend everything is sunny and that you are getting answers on a daily basis". I would like to hear honest "Sorry guys i am giving you all i get and all i can, which is basicaly nothing, and i cant give u names or reasons couse i dont know."
    Instead we get indeed this game of pretending.
  • NWG_Feclez
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    kL-SnAjP wrote: »
    i dont think Bradock was told to "Pretend everything is sunny and that you are getting answers on a daily basis". I would like to hear honest "Sorry guys i am giving you all i get and all i can, which is basicaly nothing, and i cant give u names or reasons couse i dont know."
    Instead we get indeed this game of pretending.

I wouldn't say it was that at all to be honest. I have been in the same position as @Braddock512 in the past with work I have done.

He is saying that he has had a load of answers but at moment is unable to post what they are due to constant changes in what is happening with the dev's, thus instead of posting something and then recanting on what is said due to a change from dev's and getting people even more riled up is having to take the safe route so not to get it in the ear off us on here or from the dev's and his bosses by stating facts that are constantly changing
  • xB-DeathKnell
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    player count shouldnt be included in custom server setings, the default values offer the best experience.

Default velues does NOT offer best experience.What I heard this game has 64 CQ and 24 rush, does not sound best experience. So player count should be changed for every ranked server. For example, I like 32/48 CQ and 32 plr Rush in BF4.

Plus people might want to try out competitive options, assuming we get local servers.
  • xB-DeathKnell
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Yes, remember @Braddock512 is doing what he can and is ALLOWED to do. If you want to be angry at someone, be angry at DICE/EA, which we are. Don't forget that cornering the server market, they can make an extra buck as well. I don't buy this "best experience" BS. In the end it is all about making the most possible money, which means riding the edge of profit vs customer satisfaction. If they lose a bunch of customers, but in the end they make more money by cornering the server market etc, then that is what they'll do. We just need to be happy enough.

Looks like they didn't learn much from the CTE initiative for BF4. People stuck around when they had a feeling that EA/DICE actually gave a crap about the customer experience. They built a lot of good will with that and when they revealed BF1, people were hyped in the way they haven't seen before. Now they are taking advantage of that good will to make just that bit more money and it is absolutely disgraceful.
  • _MwG_StangV2_0
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still no word on local servers I see?

I am honestly shocked. Honestly.

DICE/EA. I beg you. Allow 3rd party hosting. Please..

I fear you may just be killing the greatest BF game you have ever made because of one stupid decision.
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They should fire the person that did consolisation on this game! We love the gameplay , so let us save the game with good servers like we use to have!
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    these decisions arent made by single person, it had to be some cojoined meeting with EAs and DICEs representives
  • SteadyFlow
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    The ever eternal struggle between profits and doing what's right !

All these publishers are the same - u should hear what COD players say about Activision !
This discussion has been closed.