Why has fairfight not

Kiplings_Error_3
95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited June 2016
A week or so ago i report a player through battlelog and 24/7 fairplay.
This was for using a RAWR on Metro.
No problem 24/7 ban him. He now has 4 metabans.
Today he stupidly decided to appeal that ban.
So just to see if it was a one off, I went through Every report he/she had. All 120 of them.
So having RAWR's, XD-1 Accipiter's, Rorsch MK-1's in virtually all reports would be ok if you played on Final Stand and Dragons Tooth servers where they live, but No they turned up on Silk Road, Shanghai, Locker, Metro. So that's taking the pi** a bit.
So why did fairfight not pick up the first kill with a weapon that you should not have, in a map where it should not be.

Comments

• CSA_Gazzony
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Good question, I hope in BF1 they actually think logically like this, and actually care about removing cheaters from the game. This is a really simple fix... Sort it out EA
  • the_tecknoxx_
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the funny part is when he said "Admin spawn RAWR to me."

I lol'ed
  • Frogtooth
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Humanity's Greatest Excuses:

- I was just following orders.
    - The dog ate my homework.
    - The devil made me do it.
    - The admin spawned RAWR to me.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    So why did fairfight not pick up the first kill with a weapon that you should not have, in a map where it should not be.

Good question. First, why does the game itself not immediately detect something like that, and second, why does FF take forever and a day to respond to a report of cheating so blatant?
    Post edited by parkingbrake on
  • TIG_blane
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    A better report system is to allow us to report in game. And it will send a spectator view video of what you saw and what the person in question was seeing. Rather than posting on YouTube and getting banned on here because name and shame is forbidden here. Name and shame should only be bannable if there is no evidence and it's just a whine.
  • mckrackin5324
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    A better report system is to allow us to report in game. And it will send a spectator view video of what you saw and what the person in question was seeing. Rather than posting on YouTube and getting banned on here because name and shame is forbidden here. Name and shame should only be bannable if there is no evidence and it's just a whine.

Spectator mode is very very inaccurate.
    Evidence can be subjective and seen differently by different players.

No name and shame is a good rule. The forum would be nothing but a crying witch hunting mess without it.
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    edited June 2016
    the funny part is when he said "Admin spawn RAWR to me."

I lol'ed

What an idiot blaming admin.
    There is no way that would happen when you see the reports he makes himself.
    I also cant find this specific admin in any of his reports, so to say that just goes to show the intelligence of some people.
    Being in the round. Its a pity that it took 3 vote kicks to get rid of him.
    Looking today, this person is still able to play. And doing so. Though on a smaller server base.
    Why has nothing been done.
  • Victor-_-TheStar
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Takes time to investigate a player
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    edited June 2016
    No name and shame is a good rule. The forum would be nothing but a crying witch hunting mess without

it.

I think there should be somewhere where we can let the community know about cheats. For 1 thing if there was and it is Monitored properly with Battle reports that back it up. The person i originally posted about might not have been able to get away with them wreck other people enjoyment for so long.

I don't know if you have looked at the 24/7Fairplay ban appeal that i was relating to in my original comment but i'm sure a couple of other contributes have. If not please look. Yesterday 19/06/16 as it stand now there are 9 replies and 67 views. Its in the denied section. (cant put up name but sure you will find it) You will see why i say its a good idea for that sort of player.
    Say you having a good round Locker? (Me i wouldn't as i don't play it LOL), then out of the smoke come a RAWR, 1) you would not expect it. 2) you would not have right kit to deal with it. You would be well and truly pi** off and if you like me want to name and shame.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "A better report system is to allow us to report in game. And it will send a spectator view video of what you saw and what the person in question was seeing. Rather than posting on YouTube and getting banned on here because name and shame is forbidden here. Name and shame should only be bannable if there is no evidence and it's just a whine."

Why would you report a cheater here, what good will that do? This is not the anti-cheat dept., reporting a cheater here is like calling the post office to complain that your sewer is blocked, you are talking to the wrong people.

There is nothing anyone here can do about a cheater. So while I share your view that EA's handling of cheat reports could be better, the rule here against naming and shaming makes sense. This place would turn into a firestorm of accusations and counter-accusations and it would all be a waste of time because this is not the anti-cheat dept.
  • pinchylillobster
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    ^^^^^^^

Spot on. People just want a place to vent and for people to agree with their view of a player who may or may not be cheating.

Its irrelevant if they're cheating or not though, because this isn't the proper channel for it.
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    The guy was back today.
    Just to prove how stupid this guy was, he came back with the same name with an added letter.
    Running round invisible.
    Their IP. Computer every thing, should be banned. Not like now.
    A slap on the wrist and told we know you were cheating, so have a holiday for 7 days.
    But Oh yeah, so you can play again straight way we will let you open another account.
  • UnderShotButton
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A week or so ago i report a player through battlelog and 24/7 fairplay.
    This was for using a RAWR on Metro.
    No problem 24/7 ban him. He now has 4 metabans.
    Today he stupidly decided to appeal that ban.
    So just to see if it was a one off, I went through Every report he/she had. All 120 of them.
    So having RAWR's, XD-1 Accipiter's, Rorsch MK-1's in virtually all reports would be ok if you played on Final Stand and Dragons Tooth servers where they live, but No they turned up on Silk Road, Shanghai, Locker, Metro. So that's taking the pi** a bit.

Rorsch does indeed appear in Locker, Gun Master you see. FairFight would autoban them too?
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    Personal opinion since I have no look over at how the anti-cheat team works or handles the reports - I believe that it really depends on how many reports come in. Imagine players being reported falsely. These reports must be investigated as well and that takes time. There are a lot of reports coming so it does take time.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited June 2016
    Cryphisss wrote: »
    Personal opinion since I have no look over at how the anti-cheat team works or handles the reports - I believe that it really depends on how many reports come in. Imagine players being reported falsely. These reports must be investigated as well and that takes time. There are a lot of reports coming so it does take time.

If EA took things like cheaters seriously, then it would hire the appropriate amount of persons to review all the cheating allegations in a relatively short amount of time (rather than the long queues currently).
    Of course it takes time when you've only got 3 people working in the Review Group (I'm exaggerating about the number of employees but you get my point).
    From what I've seen, dealing with cheaters is not a priority of EA's.
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    edited June 2016

But then also there should be a way then that someone/s at EA/Dice Fairfight, reading some of these 3rd party ban sites just to see what is going on. I reported this same player twice on 24/7fairplay and within minutes of these reports being live the player is Metabanned, 1 just on a battlereport and the other with video. All this has also been supplied to Dice/EA through the proper channels, but as it is he is still playing as of last night. So if they can do it and they are only a handful of people that also don't get paid.

• saivert
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I have said it again and again. I'm not sure how invested EA is in e-sports but Battlefield 4 will never be a big e-sports game and neither will Battlefield 1 if it contains too much random stuff going on.
    You need deterministic games. CS:GO is like that and it is the reason it wasn't killed off immediately and CS players are the most vocal bunch about minor issues.

Cheaters is one thing but that is not the only problem. You have horrible netcode (It isn't DICE's first multiplayer game and they still can't perfect this. COME ON!) and we only received spectator mode in BF4 which isn't even enabled on all servers (IMO it should be mandatory to have spectator slots on all servers, minimum of 1) even if reserved for admins etc.

And punkbuster is a joke. Why are DICE still licensing this tech? They have been using it since BF2.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I don't think any realistic person expects the BF franchise to be an e-sports title, for the reasons that you've already articulated.
    Sure, some gamers may think it is (probably to validate the time they've devoted to playing the game). But most gamers see BF for the arcade-like fun game that it is.
  • the_tecknoxx_
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

But then also there should be a way then that someone/s at EA/Dice Fairfight, reading some of these 3rd party ban sites just to see what is going on. I reported this same player twice on 24/7fairplay and within minutes of these reports being live the player is Metabanned, 1 just on a battlereport and the other with video. All this has also been supplied to Dice/EA through the proper channels, but as it is he is still playing as of last night. So if they can do it and they are only a handful of people that also don't get paid.

well , they are many report in the Queue of some other third party banlist.

but I just can't imagine how many report are in the queue of EA.

IT would be great if EA allow the community to review ban as well.