This Week in Battlefield V

Boosting servers, game still monitored for cheating?

Manipulatory
1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Does EA/Dice still police their BF4 servers? I just played in a Dom server with 5 bots, put there by the clan running the server, that had 40+ deaths and were afk the whole time. I went to website and it actually lists those players as "bots online". Is boosting still taken care of? Or has the game already become a free for all for cheaters and boosters?

Comments

• pinchylillobster
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's still enforced, but like with all things for the cheat team, it takes time.

To be honest though, I think they could ignore boosting and deal with the people that are actually cheating. Boosting servers don't affect my gameplay. Aimbot and wallhacks do.
  • LGBTrump
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2016
    In what way do boosting affect other players? It would be another thing if they actually gained something else than numbers on their profile but as it is now its not an issue, imo.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3866 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Yes it's against the ToS, so please submit a report using the below steps.

Thank you.

-CB

HOW DO I REPORT A SERVER?

Submit your report by contacting us via Email from our Help Center.
    1. Go to our Contact Us page.
    2. For Product, select your game and hit Next.
    3. For Platform, select the appropriate platform and hit Next.
    4. For Category, select “Report Cheating/Harassment” and describe the issue.
    Be sure to include as much information about the server in question in the
    Description, inclusion of screenshots or video evidence will help greatly.
    Hit Next, then select the email option to submit.
    The link for our Help Center is here: http://help.ea.com/en/contanct-us/new/
  • Manipulatory
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It's still enforced, but like with all things for the cheat team, it takes time.

To be honest though, I think they could ignore boosting and deal with the people that are actually cheating. Boosting servers don't affect my gameplay. Aimbot and wallhacks do.
    Nyburgare wrote: »
    In what way do boosting affect other players? It would be another thing if they actually gained something else than numbers on their profile but as it is now its not an issue, imo.

Well it makes it a pretty crappy time for the team with the bots with 40+ deaths. It made an otherwise close match, unwinnable. It's not as bad as kids botting, but it definitely not fun and clearly people are abusing it.
    Yes it's against the ToS, so please submit a report using the below steps.

Thank you.

-CB

HOW DO I REPORT A SERVER?

Submit your report by contacting us via Email from our Help Center.
    1. Go to our Contact Us page.
    2. For Product, select your game and hit Next.
    3. For Platform, select the appropriate platform and hit Next.
    4. For Category, select “Report Cheating/Harassment” and describe the issue.
    Be sure to include as much information about the server in question in the
    Description, inclusion of screenshots or video evidence will help greatly.
    Hit Next, then select the email option to submit.
    The link for our Help Center is here: http://help.ea.com/en/contanct-us/new/

Awesome, thank you.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    I think I know the server the OP is referring to. I went in there one night because it looked like an active server. Instead I found a whole bunch of admins listed as playing but who never spawned, and no less than eight seeder bots, four on each team. There was one live player who had over 150 kills, he just killed the other team's seeder bots over and over. I joined the other team and started killing him and first he complained, he figured I should only be killing the bots, then he left the server.

Given how EA can respond to even well-documented cheat reports (e.g. never bothering to view the video showing blatant hack use), I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to do anything about a boosting server. Such servers have operated openly for months on end, at one time the highest scoring player in the Skill category on the leaderboards spent all his time on no-kill/flag run only servers scoring100,000 to 150,000 points per game.

As others have pointed out, there are more important things for EA to be concerned about, like hack use and making their games work properly. Still, when they don't enforce their own rules you have to wonder how seriously they take things....
  • rochekat
    197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    EA/DICE sells those shortcuts so its hurting their business to let people level up by way of boosting... my guess is they really don't like people doing it.