Weekly BF

DirectX Error "GetDeviceRemovedReason"

mancii
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I got this error all the time. Using dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 SLI

DirectX Error
DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770", Driver: 37557
OK

Comments

• UK_Servrs_Please
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ok so I was also getting this error. I spent months trying to understand what the problem is. I had triple SLI and it caused me nothing but headaches. I spent more time trying to sort out the problems than I did playing games.

My solution at first was to unplug the power from two of my cards and just play the game on one card. What a difference that made. A whole nights gaming without ANY problems.

I then sold my cards and bought the biggest single card I could afford. I then had the FPS on the monitor and adjusted the graphics settings until I was the 80 - 100 FPS all the time and left it at that.

I know this is not an ideal solution I used to play with 3 x swifts in surround which was awesome but as Nvidia seem to be dropping 3 X SLI the writing has been on the wall for some time :(, but I'm having soooooo much more fun.

I bought a Maxwell Titan X for £400 on gumtree and play on 3440 x 1440 monitor at 100 FPS with settings on Ultra / High with HBAO off. Looks great :)

Hope you find your solution !!!
  • Eclipse4349
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Disabling DX12 fixed it for me. Since my game would not launch, I had to edit the following file to disable DX12:
    Documents\Battlefield 1\settings\PROFSAVE_profile

In this file, find the line that says: GstRender.Dx12Enabled 1
    Change the 1 to a 0 (zero)

Hope that helps some of you!
  • crashburn162
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have the same error but putting the game to use single card from 3d options doesn't work I will try to disable SLI as whole to see if it helps I too have dual 770.
  • D4nyMX
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Please help i still getting the same error over and over again
  • MrcZ_zed026
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    @Eclipse4349 tried doing that but the problem still persists. Really frustrating especially when in multiplayer. If anyone finds a solutions please post it.
    here is the screenshot of my error. I did some checking and it seems that a lot of GTX 670,680,770 users are facing the same problem.
    hgzTKzK.png
    one time this happened:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: bf1.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.9.53998
    Application Timestamp: 58077d90
    Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17932
    Fault Module Timestamp: 503285c2
    Exception Code: 887a0006
    Exception Offset: 000000000000caed
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: dbf0
    Additional Information 2: dbf0e7e3eede1751a3bea8a1a43721a6
    Additional Information 3: 7b37
    Additional Information 4: 7b37a11bec1e3fd5d53a4fa9c774ed48
    Post edited by MrcZ_zed026 on
  • Kirister
    189 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    @D4nyMX @MrcZ_zed026
    There is already a topic with over 100 pages of replies, use this one instead. No need to flood the forum with new topics about the same issue.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/38131/directx-function-error-nvidia/

Also I will save you some time. This crash is not fixable by end users. You have to wait for Dice to release a patch.
  • hyperUnkn0wn
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Have had the same problems since day one, today I tried windowed-borderless and have been able to play without interruptions (crashes).
  • geck1245
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mancii wrote: »
    I got this error all the time. Using dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 SLI

DirectX Error
    DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770", Driver: 37557
    OK

I had the same issue and i havent had a crash in a good long while after i turned on dx12 and turned off origin in game
  • Koettlaerkan
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I still got this problem, running GTX770, ant news on this?
  • Timbo196
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

No. Last week a DICE dev posted here that they're working on it: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/38131/directx-function-error-nvidia-still-no-fix-update-please-31-10-16-12-10-cest#latest

don't know if they're really working on it. Since a few days no reaction ...

Sory buddy. we can only hope
  • Danebrain
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Timbo196 wrote: »

No. Last week a DICE dev posted here that they're working on it: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/38131/directx-function-error-nvidia-still-no-fix-update-please-31-10-16-12-10-cest#latest

don't know if they're really working on it. Since a few days no reaction ...

Sory buddy. we can only hope

Im pretty sure they will fix it. But it takes sometime, and if they have found a fix, they need to test it, and make sure it doesn't break other things.
  • HyakuAkatshi
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Does everyone still have this problem? just started to encounter the issue and I have a gtx 770. Any news on a fix?
  • Jimbonator
    Yep, I just had it happen, using a 770 as well.
  • Khanivore73
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Still no fix for it but in the meantime just play the Sinai Desert, Suez, Argonne Forest, Amiens and Fao Fortress maps. They seem to be unaffected.
  • Kebno
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    this keeps happening to me but i have an rx 480
  • xxKpt-Chaosxx
    Still same Prob here. Using 2xGTX780Ti
  • StarscreamUK
    7307 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    closing this as there is a whole thread for this.

@Kebno - amd released a new driver, others have reported this solves their issue
This discussion has been closed.