Using the mouse wheel.

DarkerDeathGun
5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
In Battlefield 4 we can use the mouse wheel to navigate through our lode out. like primary, secondary,gadget 1, gadget 2, granada, and meal wapane. Not on battlefield 1 why is that? I like to know how to get my keybind like that it is easy for me to kick some butt. If this is not an opinion please let us have that capability.

Comments

• Press-2-Continue
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The ablitiy to switch weapons with the mouse wheel is due to the raw mouse input, if its on turn it off and vice versa, One setting makes it so you can change weapon the other makes your player turn around
  • NAVSPECWARCOM
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The ablitiy to switch weapons with the mouse wheel is due to the raw mouse input, if its on turn it off and vice versa, One setting makes it so you can change weapon the other makes your player turn around

That's not the issue I think he is talking about. In past BF game...like all of them...you could use the mouse wheel to scroll through all your loadouts. Now with BF1, DICE has decided to ONLY let you scroll between your Primary and Secondary weapons. If you want to use a gadget, you have to press the corresponding key #.

Brilliant DICE. Thanks for not keeping things consistent.
  • UlsterTiger
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

That's not the issue I think he is talking about. In past BF game...like all of them...you could use the mouse wheel to scroll through all your loadouts. Now with BF1, DICE has decided to ONLY let you scroll between your Primary and Secondary weapons. If you want to use a gadget, you have to press the corresponding key #.

Brilliant DICE. Thanks for not keeping things consistent.

Ah, you seem to think along the lines of "If it's not broken, dont fix it". That involves common sense; Not a lot of common sense floating around amongst the game developers. They have done this time after time. Produce something; tweak it until it works perfectly; then just dump it and produce something else that doesn't work...
  • TerrenceSk1ll
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i think we pc players get more and more scooped over by the console versions. theres no button you could use to cycle through your inventory.. so yea.. mustnd be true but its an idea
  • Judgedredd_02
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    they are morons as battlefield one seems like a consel port as all other battlefield were made for PC I think they put us pc player on the back burner now
  • UniBoNGeRz
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ya, please put the option to get my med packs back on the mouse wheel. Its not always easy to find the 3 button while getting shot at.
  • St0n3ymontana
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    100% agreed. This is a must have. Heck i tried to bind revive to a button with no use on my mouse and i couldn't even do that. Any way around that?
  • Titanfan_316
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    You will have to buy the Battlefield 1 Edition gaming mouse made by EA in order to switch gadgets with your mouse wheel.
  • PavilionParty
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like it better this way. I always bind my equipment to my side mouse buttons and this method makes it easier to cycle between my weapons without pulling out equipment that I don't want.
  • St0n3ymontana
    I like it better this way. I always bind my equipment to my side mouse buttons and this method makes it easier to cycle between my weapons without pulling out equipment that I don't want.

Ok how are you binding things to your mouse? i tried to bind my revival to a mouse button & it wouldn't allow it.
  • subsist99
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    FuhQnDie wrote: »

Ok how are you binding things to your mouse? i tried to bind my revival to a mouse button & it wouldn't allow it.

I have gadget 1 binded to my forward mouse thumb button and voip on my 2nd mouse thumb button and melee on mouse wheel click, I just went into keybindings, picked the option I wanted to change and then clicked the mouse button I wanted it on. I use a driverless mouse (Zowie EC2-A) so maybe that is why it works? No idea why others may be having a problem binding actions to mouse buttons.
  • St0n3ymontana
    subsist99 wrote: »

I have gadget 1 binded to my forward mouse thumb button and voip on my 2nd mouse thumb button and melee on mouse wheel click, I just went into keybindings, picked the option I wanted to change and then clicked the mouse button I wanted it on. I use a driverless mouse (Zowie EC2-A) so maybe that is why it works? No idea why others may be having a problem binding actions to mouse buttons.

Mines driverless as well. I haven't tried binding other things, just the first thing that i wanted quick access to & that was to revive someone. I wanted it on a mouse button but it wouldn't accept it.
  • PavilionParty
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I use a Logitech gaming mouse with the Logitech Gaming Software which allows me to remap the generic mouse 4 and mouse 5 buttons as keystrokes. I set them as random, unused characters to make sure I never have to deal with games not accepting generic mouse buttons for bindings.
  • NAVSPECWARCOM
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You will have to buy the Battlefield 1 Edition gaming mouse made by EA in order to switch gadgets with your mouse wheel.

Now that's funny :p
  • Sn4ke_Pli55kin
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sadly, pc players, we HAVE to use an xbox controller on our PC in order to get full functionality of this PC game (which clearly is an xbox port. )
  • Hardtarget24
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    uugh this is so brutal, is there seriously not a option to let mouse scroll go through my entire inventory and not just weapons?!
  • xSam_Grizzlex
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I never used the mouse wheel in past BF games.... usually hit it on accident at the wrong time. But for those who did use it, I can see the frustration. How is fewer options better?
  • Gunstar-xXx-Hero
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have my grenades set to middle mouse button. For my gadgets i use my two side mouse buttons. I map one of my gadgets (AT Rocket Gun) to the one called Gadget One and my other gadget (AT Grenade) to the one called Gadget Two. I leave the one called Gadget 1 empty. I also have Raw mouse input to ON. I was mad that i could not scroll through all my weapons and gadgets with the mouse wheel also but have gotten used to using the side mouse buttons for my two gadgets. Hope this helps.
  • PlCATlNNY
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sadly, pc players, we HAVE to use an xbox controller on our PC in order to get full functionality of this PC game (which clearly is an xbox port. )

Wrong. I use a Razer Naga Chroma which also has a left and right tilt on the scroll plus 12 configurable thumb buttons, its awesome.

You need to use the Razer Synapse software to set up your buttons for the keybinds.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1608 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why do you want everything on one thing that you have to scroll through to get to it instead of being able too instantly select it? Doesn't seem very quick / efficient?

I have it like this:

gadget 1 on 1st mouse thumb button
    gadget 2 as left Alt
    mouse scroll up primary
    mouse scroll down secondary
    nade on top of mouse ("dpi" button)
    gas mask on 2nd mouse thumb button

That way to swap weapon I don't have to worry about a precise "one notch" scroll, I can just flick it either forward / backward and it doesn't matter if it goes for more than one notch.