Weekly Debrief

Game breakingly bad hit registration/detection, getting shot around corners

Comments

• 00ANTISOCIAL00
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I play in region and have a consistant 21 ping and suffer numerous deaths around corners,shots not connecting with target and being shot though solid cover for example i spot an enemy sniper looking at me he takes a shot and misses so i duck behind a huge rock only for his follow up shot to connect and kill me even though on my screen i was prone behind cover. So far this game has made me rage more than brokenfield 4 ever did.
  • StingX71
    815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tremu1ant wrote: »
    I played Light Tank last night and was taking shots at a landship. I saw the rounds hit him, got the hit indicator, but no damage to it. It's not just on infantry guns.

Game physics do allow for tank shells to ricochet off. I've experienced dieing around corners a few times, but nothing like in BF4. Probably see even less of it in HC.
  • TallyHoYellow
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've been raging over this s##t since BF3, its a disgrace its still a problem after so long and so many engine revisions. Dice should be ashamed this has never been delt with.
  • axzi0n
    19 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    the other night i shot a guy with an entire clip of a pistol (kolibri to be fair) i hit him with about half the clip point blank, i then knifed him twice - he spun around about 90 degrees, and shot me once with a rifle - and proceeded to run around killing my entire team

i have never raged so hard at netcode in my life

than the guy says "get good"
  • GTOAviator8
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't remember having the hit detection as bad as this on any other BF release though. The delayed damage received is something I notice a lot. Experienced quite a few delayed reactions after ducking back into a building only to realize I was already dead.
  • RRedux
    671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cavalry melee range is complete BS. If you see the horse 10 meters in front of you, you die from the saber.

Such a glaringly obvious bug. I can't believe for a second that it is intended to work that way.
  • BulletOverdose
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    sinse today i got the same problem, getting shot 5 m behind corners. also i cant seem to hit anything like i did before, easy to rank 60 and now its so hard to hit anyone. hope they fix it soon
  • Rettiekadettie
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Got the same problems,dying around corners etc, i only play on dutch servers,and my ping is always around 10.
    Having some issues with the netcode to, i'm shooting at people but shots don't seem to make it on target,i shadowplayed one of these encounters so you can be the judge.

I know i'm a terrible shot,(i'm getting older :p),but i think one of those round should have hit.
  • Typehigh
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    I see the same. Even when shooting on targets that are standing still. Fire say, 5 shots at it with a self-loading rifle, and only get two hitcrosses, but 5 hits (visibly on their model). Often times they don't die, but sometimes they even do. Which means a two-shot kill, which isn't possible with body shots on a 100hp target.

It also happens so many times that I'm carefully firing into someone, only a few shots registering (usually 2, out of like 10), for them to instakill me and survive with 20~22hp. This behaviour reminds me a lot of pre-CTE BF4.

-

It's probably time to launch the BF1 CTE and let DICE LA start fixing stuff.
  • Duke_Wooze
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This happens with every release of battlefield. The first week it seams like the netcode is fine, but then the first patch hits and they spend an entire year or more before getting it right again. It's really aggravating. The game had fine hit registration on launch week but after that patch its awful now.

Rettiekadettie's video pretty much sums up the game now. Another thing, Have you guys notice that people are constantly getting headshots? Sometimes I'll get a headshot while aiming ad a guy's midsection. I'll be moving like a mad man while zig zaging and people still headshot me like it's no problem. It's a little ridiculous.
  • ukste
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The hit reg is broken in this game
  • VoodooMeatBucket
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Yep me too. I have to play on 50ms servers. I am 60fps on high graphics and have a 100mbps fibre optic internet connection. Constantly killed clearly in cover and from seemingly impossible line of site. When revived I will have half the bullets still in my gun and be up to 10m from where I died on my screen.

Something seems to have happened since the last patch.... It was broken before but now its really broken...
  • CodeIronGamer
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    I've been experiencing this problem more in release than during the beta.

I figured I was just slow and out of practice. I had not played a FPS for years. But depending on the server I will see hits that make sense and others that do not. If I find the right server the hits will work better than on others. It is really frustrating. I've tried a variety of servers based on ping, 20 - 70.

From my experience this was much less of a problem during the beta. Not sure about others experience.

[Edit]
    Also the first server I join for the night I always get disconnected within the first few minutes of play. Almost never happens again, after that. I've run a dslreports speed test and it does say there is a lot of buffer bloat. My connection is 30/30 fiber... was hoping for better than this. Maybe a combination of game and isp?
  • CursedPanther
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The servers have a 60Hz tick rate already, or so they claim, which is way better than anyone can ask for in BF3/BF4. Still I'm sure there is something can be done on DICE's end to improve the lag. We just need to wait for patches as always.
  • General_Z0dd
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Had exactly the same issues you had. Felt like I was the worst player in the game, couldn't hit anything and my aim was off.
    Turned off DX12, went back to DX11 and Vsync off and everything changed. Now it feel like BF4 and I'm consistently doing well.
    My theory, this games player position and "action" is CPU intensive so even though my 970 has no problems with the graphics, my older i5 can't cope with where everyone is, ie looks good but I just get one shot killed a lot and dont see anyone.
    All great now though!
  • Charliebrownau
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    axzi0n wrote: »
    the other night i shot a guy with an entire clip of a pistol (kolibri to be fair) i hit him with about half the clip point blank, i then knifed him twice - he spun around about 90 degrees, and shot me once with a rifle - and proceeded to run around killing my entire team

i have never raged so hard at netcode in my life

than the guy says "get good"

Gday
    I come across very similar issues

Unload 40-90 bullets from LMG , half clip of pistol and one nade

guy is on like 48% hp , he 2 shots me from some sniper or medic gun at close to close-short range
    its a fark1ng joke
    Sad thing is EA don't care a toss, they have money from pre orders and first fortnight sales

But I guess this is what happens from a AUD$90/AUD$170 dollar game

that is using Star Wars Battlefront 3 engine, p2p match making on

EA's "equal footing" servers without punk buster and

without the ability to vote kick/ban and wihtout real admins to kick/ban people

I said it ages ago , but battlefield is becoming more console featured like and
    more watered down in proper PC feature set all starting with Battlefield Bad Company 1
    and onwards
    I would love to see an BF1 PC AU 48 player conquest server

with NO SNIPER rifles and no DMR RIFLES

and no planes
  • Tremu1ant
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    St1ngray71 wrote: »
    Tremu1ant wrote: »
    I played Light Tank last night and was taking shots at a landship. I saw the rounds hit him, got the hit indicator, but no damage to it. It's not just on infantry guns.

Game physics do allow for tank shells to ricochet off. I've experienced dieing around corners a few times, but nothing like in BF4. Probably see even less of it in HC.

Yeah, I suppose I should give it the benefit of the doubt. I was at such a range and the round was at such a tragectory I would've figured it not richochet, but who knows...
  • Decado_Killer
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    it's the server's no doubt cause it was much worse today played over 30 games alway's had weird lag kill's or bullet's not reg even when point blank.
  • tombotbear
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BUMP: its still a huge issue. I've shot stationary targets that were unaware of me at point blank range from behind and inflicted no damage. Whenever you hit an enemy it feels like there is a 50/50 chance of the shot actually registering.
  • NabilH
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    i dont believe the servers are 60hz.

getting shot round corners and behind cover happens all the time, hit reg is 50/50.

hit reg is ruined since the patch.

i will never buy another product from these cowboys again.