BFH after BF1's release

2»

Comments

• FrankTheTank1974
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Just click on the link in my signature.
    But yeah, there seems to be a problem with Battlelog since two weeks. If you search "Blood" or "Bloodthirsty" on the Server Browser, it doesnt find it. If you search for Capture The Bag servers, it doesnt find it anymore... This affects some custom servers, but strangly not all.
  • Andy89DK
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Every player slot costs money, thats one reason why it only 20 players at the moment. The other reason is that 20 player CTB is worse than 64 player Metro TDM. Hacker slots and spectator slots eat up normal slots. If I would active hacker and 2 spectator slots, then it would only be 16 slots left for normal players. Maybe I`ll add more slots later when there are more regular players.
    The other servers of our platoon belong to an other guy, and sadly I'm no admin there at the moment. There are only 4 Squad Heist maps, because Visceral didn't create more maps for this game mode. That's why it's mixed with normal heist. I keep on telling the admin that the server needs map voting, but he keeps on forgetting to add it ...

Thanks for your honest reply. I was not aware that this is how setting up a server works as I have no experience with it myself. It is a big shame though that Visceral Games just will not setup official servers with DLC maps and game modes. They did so some time ago with vanilla maps and game modes, so why can they not do it with the DLC's? It almost seems like they feel ashamed of their DLC packs since they will not support them. On console they do support them though, so there clearly is a problem in terms of supporting the game on console vs. PC. You as a clan should not be held responsible for the game's playability in terms of its content. It is solely the makers of the game's responsibility that it is 100% playable in terms of content, just like in the old days when you bought a game and always knew that you could play all of its content whenever you wanted.

I actually made the following post on the forums some months ago and also tweeted with Zach Mumbach, but nothing seems to happen...
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/11625/visceral-bfh-dlc-servers

I regards to your Squad Heist server I think you are mistaken in terms of the map selection as both the Robbery, Getaway and Betrayal DLC's support this game mode. Take a look at this link and see for yourself: http://bfhstats.com/s/pc/2e89cf33-d73c-4171-a8ff-8fdb50f8c89c

Therefore, next time you talk to your clan friend who operates this server, please ask him to include the remaining DLC maps and leave out Heist.
    That would be awesome! :-)
  • FrankTheTank1974
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Oh, I didnt know about the other maps. Maybe I will start another server next month (squad heist 5 vs 5) and we turn the otherone into heist only - but I have see how much players are left after the BF1 release.
  • decimation420x
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Indeed it is. BFH is quite simply a great FPS for people who pick up the controller & actually want to PLAY.

Its no secret that an absurd amount of FPS players (dare I say majority), play these games Scared. They're overly careful, & often pointlessly hesistant. From camping in corners, to peaking around edges, camping a building with trap explosives then simply camping, waiting & watching for someone to come up the stairs, around the corner. Just a picture a prone Sniper / Support player already in ADS, watching his already trap laden staircase, just waiting for someone to waltz up after the mini map tips him off on enemy movement.

These guys shouldn't even be playing FPS's. Its just fear, nothing tactical. No alpha or apex traits amongst these people whatsoever.

I can't tell you how many times I'll be sitting on contested flags with (for example) 1 teammate, & watch the player MAKE NO EFFORT, to search for the enemy players who are contesting our flag. We begin to lose the flag, & still nothing. They just sit in the corner. It's a common occurrence, & I know you've all seen it. These guys look to avoid confrontation as much as possible, on an FPS ffs! They just sit & hope the problem goes away, it's pathetic. I've also been on the opposite end of this where I hunt down that player, who hopes to take the flag after the enemy leaves. Yeah not happening

And yet even those guys are an improvement over the Flowers who are too delicate & petrified to walk up on an enemy flag ALONE, or at the least be the 1st player to arrive. ^^^ This scenario specifically, I have in the past likened it to an electric obedience collar on a dog - players who are scared to approach these situations solo (or at all), have simply LEARNED over the years, through trial & error, that no fun & no success will come of this approach. This comes down to player skill level unfortunately. Console FPS gaming has only been mainstream for roughly a Decade now - we're all still learning on some level - & there are enough low skill players out there who have some understanding & recognition of their own ability, & therefore avoid these situations like the Plague. Because history has taught them to. This is them learning from mistakes. NO one (no matter how good you are), likes being blindsided or shot when you don't expect. Always an unpleasant jump scare. Enough so that at this point, in the eyes of too many, PTFOing IS the mistake.

Because these people play scared. Are scared.

& that's why I love Hardline. If you're this type of player, you are going to get WHOOPED. You're either getting rekt or you'll go running back to BF4 crying for yer mammy.

This games does a wonderful job of weeding out these Scum players. The CATCH is - THESE PLAYERS ARE THE MAJORITY. And therefore Hardline took a hit in sales & popularity. People can't play at their slowpoke, campy pace....

So, what made this game unpopular, is actually what made this game great.

Just like with a Locker sever that has a no shotgun rule, no explosive rule. People want a clean infantry experience largely predicated on skill.

Hardline provides that

I agree with this 100% and I'll even admit that I started out that way, less than a year ago in BF4, hiding in a bush hoping to God that no one spotted me. Then I started playing Hardline and learned that you have to push to win and to have fun. What's the worst that can happen? You pretend die, oh no!!!

Last night I was playing on Bank Job (again) and my team was slowly pushed back to the cop spawn. What did everyone do? Switch to sniper and hide behind the trucks and in the subway. We had no chance of getting out of the trap because only myself and a few other people were pushing. I was running straight into the fray paving the way and no one was following me. I was getting easy kills on guys that were milling around trying to get easy spawn trap kills. We could have easily gotten B or C. I made it to the vault a few times and no one from my 5 man squad even spawned on me once. P***SIES.

Amen dude. People not spawning on a squadmate whose trying to taking a flag - especially if they're solo - is another Awful, rage inducing offence of these gutless players. You are definitely on the come up man, because to have a predatory approach to these games as opposed to a cautious one, already makes you better than 70% of the player base. At that point its all about refining your skills & decision making

Following up on that point, while referencing my original post - those "Jump scare" moments I mentioned.... How undeniably true is that statement? That those moments are Very unpleasant to be on the wrong side of? That was one of my first realizations from years back, that helped me become the player I am now

Just think about it. Any face-to-face confrontation that you encounter unexpectedly will have your heart race spike, throw your aim off a bit, & just in general make you Panic.

These are non ideal conditions to successfully play an FPS in. Its WHY these players I mention, play the way they do. They just look & scavenge for the easy stuff. No one wants to panic

Make them panic. BE the aggressor. Be the absolute menace that people fear to encounter. You do need to have a good trigger finger & the necessary skill set - but you ultimately strike fear & discouragement into your opponent when you play this way & when they can't keep up.

Those jump scare moments are so unpleasant that a great means to success is to BE the individual who induces these moments upon other players. Its just a simplistic breakdown of the typical psychological state of players who encounter this, & understanding that you can USE this to your advantage

Some where behind all of this, are Numbers. Statistical odds & percentages that sway in the favor of one player or another depending on the choices that are made. Pulling a Power Move (what I call some of these 'moves' that induce panic) on an opposing player quite simply increases these odds in your favor. At that point its just up to You to execute.

Hope this helps people because this information, this perspective, its F-ing Gold & one to adopt quite honestly

And let me also just reiterate that we ALL started some where. We all sucked at one point. We all had an overly catious approach to things, once upon a time (or still do). They key is to break out of these habits eventually or you'll become complacent with your approach (albeit without becoming too mindlessly aggressive - some caution & evaluation of an impending scenario is always smart) - & you'll be better off for doing so in the long run. Obviously that complacency runs rampant. (& ultimately, the key is, that with Experience, your ability to evaluate such situations before embarking on them becomes effortless, instantaneous & is done with great efficiency)
  • xPunisher_GFYx
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game will be completely dead about 4 weeks of BF1 release hands down

Did Visceral steal your baby or something? You've been rooting for this games demise for some time now yet you still seem to play it a lot. Does not compute.

Not really wanting the demise, I still play the game, I enjoy it very much but in a reality check the game didn't do well commercially with consumers hinting why i believe the game will end once BF1 releases for everyone,
  • NOT_ACTIVE_Rambo
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Disc thrown away, and uninstalled from PS4.
  • socrames
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I can't estimate what will happen to the game, but I'll be there, having loads of fun, till it drops dead (oh no). BF1 won't see me anytime soon, I am not even watching the trailers. They 'll have to try REALLY HARD to get any more money from me (BFH is awesome, but their support and after sales is close to zero). See ya all in BF1, NOT!
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF1 was incredible. Lots to like. I think.BFH's numbers will really hurt.

The novelty of BFH (its uniqueness) has been trumped by BF1 now.
  • BluMadDawg20_20
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Even tho its f2p on origin access i still wont touch this trash.
  • Ehngage
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I came back to hardline after playing the bf1 10 hour trial haha, I can't afford to put down $80 for bf1, and bfh has always been fun imo, so I'm back for a while at least.
  • steezemcqueen1
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Even tho its f2p on origin access i still wont touch this trash.

Don't then and good bye hardline will be fine without you toodle pip
  • FrankTheTank1974
    There are still more BFH players than I thought. So I'll add a pure 10 slot squad heist 60 Hz server today. It will be sponsored by mining Ethereum on my rig while I'm not playing. If you want to help, then send some Ether to 0x93655DD3eA63Be9F0E60bA00a8acCA051Bc11A14
    I'm planing on adding more servers (Bounty Hunter only, Pistol only) later...
  • StardustSpeedway
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Man. This game is still a blast. I had a great two hour heist session with epic back and forth fights. I hate that this game isn't popular because it's so good.
  • BangBoomPow98
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I got bf 2,4,and1 but hardline is my ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the pace keeps me involved. Plus I'm a sucker for punishment don't scare easily I'll play a game or two of bf1 ot bf4 get bored and go play hardline.
  • steezemcqueen1
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mocha3102 said:

I got bf 2,4,and1 but hardline is my **** the pace keeps me involved. Plus I'm a sucker for punishment don't scare easily I'll play a game or two of bf1 ot bf4 get bored and go play hardline.

same for me hardline just has that fun factor ;) HL2 would be nice
  • TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I too give battlefront a go,only lasted a couple of months. I really hope i can get abit longer out of bf1.
    Even though i have had bf1 here in its case i have struggled to drag my HARDLINE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ from taking bloodmoney off the enemy.
    I will try again tonight.
  • FEAR_DiaBoLuS
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Playing hardline until bad company 3 comes out or servers die ^^ Played battlefield series since 2002 when 1942 came out.