Top Questions Regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program

Comments

• Press-2-Continue
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    @Braddock512 The main things I now want to know

Since no 3rd party procon/plug-ins are going to be able to be used, where does this leave server admins we are not in game who monitor the chat,team balance map rotation without having to load the game?

Since the price is set to a full server what game modes are going to be useable in the first month of server rental?

How are server bans going to be handled? Will EA intervine if an admin bans someone who the admin see's as a cheater and unban them since this the server rental is all done through EA?

What changes can we make to the server settings that will cause the server ranking to be classed as offical,custom ranked,ranked,unranked? For example If I wanted to remove the battleship,airship and train along with the pick ups will it still retain ranked clasfacation or will this change to unranked?

What are the current player count limits set in place for each of the game modes? As some servers like to run different game modes and this will cause issue's for players being disconnected due to this limitation put in place in BF1 unlike BF4. For example Rush/Conquest could be run at 64 players in BF1 but currently in BF1 the player limit is 24 for rush and 64 for conquest.

How is the auto balance going to work as the current autobalance EA/Dice is using is a complete failure leaving one side to get stomped on untill the matchmaking system puts more players into the game.

Will we have an auto balance feature/plug-in that balances the teams mid-game and to the server admin's settings? (See true balancer for bf4)

Ping kicker/Missing ping auto kick will we get those features? Or will we get something similar that we can set a limit on the players ping before they join the server. For example having a max ping of 130ms to the server and a player with a ping has a higher ping will be refused entry to the server before they join.

(This is more of a game change) When or will we be able to have clan tags instead of having to change our Origin names to contain our clan tags? Or will this be an option only coming with server rentals?

Will there be any settings to restart the server due to a low player count to stop people using the server to pad stats to unlock higher class ranks (Even though most of us have atleast 1 max rank class already anyway)?

Can we change the player count to start a round from the default EA use's and still retain ranked status?

Are we going to be able to have the chat logs saved to the server for later review incase of a poor admins choice to ban/kick a player for foul lanaguage?

What types of bans are we going to get access to, like guid or will it be just on player name? If it is just player name this will be a useless idea as changing a name gets around the ban put in place.

What security measures are you going to put in place incase EA suffer's a cyber attack like what had happened on launch day so that our servers will still remain functional and not affact the game for those connected or wanting to connect.

Can we suggest to EA on some plug-ins that some servers use like spambot (BF4) and kill announcments (again BF4) so we can set those up with server chosen messages to add abit of humour to the gameplay?
  • DirtyLittleGoat
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    @Braddock512 The main things I now want to know

Since no 3rd party procon/plug-ins are going to be able to be used, where does this leave server admins we are not in game who monitor the chat,team balance map rotation without having to load the game?

This is another question I would like to add as well, will we be able to remotely manage the servers or will admins need to be loaded in to the game. Right now, I can view the chat, manage players, stats and bans from a web interface or from procon. Very useful when I am away on weekends or at work.

• xB-DeathKnell
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    No new updates..........
  • puLse-NaNo
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Just do a refund. If 5000+ units were refunded tomorrow EA would give a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. But its pretty obvious if you buy it, they know you dumb enough to support then anyways lol
  • KING_Floris
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    puLse-NaNo wrote: »
    Just do a refund. If 5000+ units were refunded tomorrow EA would give a ****. But its pretty obvious if you buy it, they know you dumb enough to support then anyways lol

Lol
  • Braddock512
    1473 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    No new updates..........
    There was an update yesterday, bud.
    -Braddock512-
  • Axlerod1
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Braddock that would require people to actually take time out and read. It is much easier for them to come here and just complain.
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    EBassie wrote: »

Why he's cynical? Because he's right.
    We have been saying this would happen since August...

You really believe the BF1 server customisation will be up to par with what we had in all previous BF games? Think again. It won't happen.
    RCON gave us freedom. BF1 will not get RCON and will not get custom plugins.

I hate to say I told you so months ago.

I get it, I was here when you said it and at the time I was just as concerned as everyone else. The point I am trying to make is the update clearly states that "We are commited to developing in-game support for the most popular plugins used with previous Battlefield titles to ensure that admins have similar levels of customisation."

Sure ALL of the plugins may not be included and there wont be custom plugin options, that doesn't mean its going to be completely rubbish, for all we know it could easily be on par with what we had with Procon in BF4. If it isn't close to that then it will be a huge let down because I think the game is very solid and would flourish if it's given the right server admin options.

There are definitely plugins that I could easily live without. Vote map, ping kicker, kick/ban, in game messages, even balance and class/weapon limits are something I cannot live without.
  • DLight007
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited November 2016
    "We are commited to developing in-game support for the most popular plugins used with previous Battlefield titles to ensure that admins have similar levels of customization."

Yay, Ping kicker confirmed.

Finally I can buy the **** game. Thank you @Braddock512 !! I'll be downloading this in about 5 seconds.
    FINALLY!!!!!
    Nothing suggests this. This thread is a fine example how EA/Dice makes promises but dont deliver. We have 40 pages of question and none of them answered thoroughly and unambiguously.

As long as they don't directly tell us we're getting ping kicker we shouldn't assume that.

The most important thing which would clarify things. Why Dice/EA is moving away from Procon? It's limited and there should be more customization but it gets the job done (except for location data for kills). Worst case scenario is that we're just getting a bunch of tick-boxes like in the screenshot of server info front page which DICE/EA called "customization" :D
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited November 2016
    DLight007 wrote: »
    "We are commited to developing in-game support for the most popular plugins used with previous Battlefield titles to ensure that admins have similar levels of customization."

Finally I can buy the **** game. Thank you @Braddock512 !! I'll be downloading this in about 5 seconds.
    FINALLY!!!!!
    Nothing suggests this. This thread is a fine example how EA/Dice makes promises but dont deliver. We have 40 pages of question and none of them answered thoroughly and unambiguously.

As long as they don't directly tell us we're getting ping kicker we shouldn't assume that.

The most important thing which would clarify things. Why Dice/EA is moving away from Procon? It's limited and there should be more customization but it gets the job done (except for location data for kills). Worst case scenario is that we're just getting a bunch of tick-boxes like in the screenshot of server info front page which DICE/EA called "customization" :D

Exactly !!!! You can't assume anything. I will believe what they claim when I see the actual functionality demonstrated to me, and not anytime before that. Promises are easy to make but harder to fulfill. And based on all available evidence and lack of RCON I bet the functionality will be very limited despite their claims.
  • Axlerod1
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DICE doesnt know because they are behind and have not developed it yet. Give them time to make the game and get it released before you ask questions.

Oops the game is out for a few weeks already. I guess give it 6 months and the game will be finished. Let's hope people will still be playing when they get the game done.
  • xcasxcursex
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DLight007 wrote: »

FINALLY!!!!!

Exactly !!!! You can't assume anything. I will believe what they claim when I see the actual functionality demonstrated to me, and not anytime before that. Promises are easy to make but harder to fulfill. And based on all available evidence and lack of RCON I bet the functionality will be very limited despite their claims.

No assumption. Read it:
    the most popular plugins used with previous Battlefield titles

That means ping kicker, or lies. Either way I get a good game or a free one when I refund it. What's to lose?

• xcasxcursex
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    By the way, the 'ping kicker' plugins also do packet loss, which is equally important. I notice that is not mentioned on the master list. @Braddock512 If you could add that please :)
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Will we be able to switch the health of elites and cavalry to the same as infantry while still maintaining Official status? And can we ban the elites while maintaining Official status?
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can we get external stats networks working?
  • SpectaJin
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    +1 servers for Africa and Asia
  • SpectaJin
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No new updates..........
    There was an update yesterday, bud.
    -Braddock512-

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/49950/africa-servers#latest
  • RV0LF
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Honestly don't have time to read all 38 pages of this can anyone tell me if they have confirmed a release date for the RSP. Thanks in advance
  • Press-2-Continue
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    RV0LF wrote: »
    Honestly don't have time to read all 38 pages of this can anyone tell me if they have confirmed a release date for the RSP. Thanks in advance

No they haven't
This discussion has been closed.