The big Easter egg hunt has started again - Discussion topic

Comments

• Chem1fy
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just for those who didn't know: to get the dazzle camo you have to buy the deluxe or ultimate edition. correct me if i am wrong, but if you own this camo it will be equipped automatically when you spawn in the dreadnought as the captain (you have to be the first one in there)

Can anyone tell me why you focus on Fao Fortress? On Empire's Edge you have a coastline and the dreadnought aswell + I once found myself on a boat during a storm (highwaves looking like sharp rocks - same bug as in bf4: you can dirve a boat under water -but this time it will take dmg as soon as you are burried under a wave)
    could someone have a closer look on this, maybe there's a location on that map that looks like that one on that painting?

If the map thats related to this is missing until now, maybe we will get Gallipoli in the future.
  • Jiraya83
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was playing around on Fao Fortress last night and noticed that is you shoot the gas cans in each team's spawn location they get marked with a big white + sign. I found six on one side and seven on the other. You have to switch teams to shoot them all because you'll go out of bounds if not. This was in an empty conquest server. On the right side of the map not all the cans will spawn a + sign. The ones in groups will catch fire and explode but the singles will not. I have pictures if anyone is interested. Just thought this might help.

the transformation problaby is only a glitch, i saw that in campaign too, I did a melee atack (and almost exploded together hahaha) and the can changed too! problaby this should be used to made diference between the can that could be used as weapon (exploding) and the others that not (only "water")
  • ZombieNinja0143
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Could be a glitch. I just thought it was strange because no one person would be able to shoot all the cans. It would take at least one player on each team. There aren't any other gas cans on that whole intire map except the ones in each team's spawn location. IDK. Probably nothing but I thought I'd try.

imgur.com/2MjMQBx
    imgur.com/ESIx0k1
  • RenegadeX5
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @rjordanglad Not sure if everymap gets the doubble rainbow to spawn but good point.
  • DingoKillr
    3366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I found something interesting on pages 22 and 24. It a war document from July 1916.

Some early talked of morse code not matching up to stand or the words not making sense.

https://www.awm.gov.au/images/collection/bundled/RCDIG1011308.pdf

Maybe it is abbreviations, of a sentence or more likely words.
  • DingoKillr
    3366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was playing around on Fao Fortress last night and noticed that is you shoot the gas cans in each team's spawn location they get marked with a big white + sign. I found six on one side and seven on the other. You have to switch teams to shoot them all because you'll go out of bounds if not. This was in an empty conquest server. On the right side of the map not all the cans will spawn a + sign. The ones in groups will catch fire and explode but the singles will not. I have pictures if anyone is interested. Just thought this might help.

A little off topic. If the can is destroyed it will have a white cross appear(any map). You should try to strike one of the can with a spiked club.
    I used a barb wire bat and it exploded not all cans do.
  • Jiraya83
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In campaign 5 (Lawrance of Arabia) they are looking for a ottoman code book, Am I correct? this book really existed? any one know anything about it?
  • hell_maw1
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I had posted this before, but didn't get any response. If this was a real codebook, it could possibly have codes to use in this hunt.
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    hell_maw1 wrote: »
    I had posted this before, but didn't get any response. If this was a real codebook, it could possibly have codes to use in this hunt.

they probably wouldnt want us to go find real life physical things, unfortunatly (which would be awesome if it would tho)
  • KanjiklubJanitor
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Coronakill wrote: »
    army1116 wrote: »

Finally theres a paper that is sometimes on top of the paper above with some cursive writing that I can't read (probably a signature) and then the numbers "11911" which might be a key to the morse code?

it might be nothing but, i punched 11911 into google and added world war 1 at the back of it (Image search) and came up with a couple of images from some ships of the Australian navy, one of these ships has a gross weight of 11,911 tons ( or 11911 without the ,)

now, you might wonder WTF this stuff is i am talking about, well here's the deal.

you found the numbers 11911 on a piece of paper.

other people found what seem to be coordinates or a kind of location/weight marking on a couple of covers on bags around maps.

earlier i figured out that, since people said that germany wanted to convince mexico to join the war (which they actualy tried) these bags with the marked covers might not be related to mexico but to Australia instead.

Why you wonder? Let me tell you. (hold on to that 11911 number okay?)

(YES YOU WANT TO READ THIS!!!!!!!!)

In Australia, the outbreak of World War I was greeted with considerable enthusiasm. Even before Britain declared war on Germany on 4 August 1914, the nation pledged its support alongside other states of the British Empire and almost immediately began preparations to send forces overseas to participate in the conflict. The first campaign that Australians were involved in was in German New Guinea after a hastily raised force known as the Australian Naval and Military Expeditionary Force was dispatched from Australia to seize German possessions in the Pacific in September 1914. At the same time another expeditionary force, initially consisting of 20,000 men and known as the First Australian Imperial Force (AIF), was raised for service overseas.

The AIF departed Australia in November 1914 and, after several delays due to the presence of German naval vessels in the Indian Ocean, arrived in Egypt, where they were initially used to defend the Suez Canal. In early 1915, however, it was decided to carry out an amphibious landing on the Gallipoli peninsula with the goal of opening up a second front and securing the passage of the Dardanelles. The Australians and New Zealanders, grouped together as the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC), went ashore on 25 April 1915 and for the next eight months the Anzacs, alongside their British, French and other allies, fought a costly and ultimately unsuccessful campaign against the Turks.

(YES YOU WANT TO READ THIS!!!!!!!!)

now why would those numbers 11911 be connected to australians joining the Eastern Front (against the Turks)
    the battles fought were long and costly, VERY costly, as most of the battles were lost.

so australia keeps sending more and more supplies to europe and africa to support their troops and allies.

now those numbers again 11911, i found a couple of images of a transport/military ships belonging to the australian floatilla who PROBABLY delivered supplies (marked with those coordinates/weight markings on the coverings of said supplies and chests/bags.

one of those ships has a gross cargo capacity or weighs 11,911 tons.

the only question remaining for myself (and probably others aswell)
    WHAT EXACTLY does this have to do with anything or is it just some **** coincidence?

read the bit of text beneath the image when you open the link:
    goo.gl/mKuPzY
    This sounds very interesting, has anyone checked to see if the numbers/markings on the bags are related to Australians at all? Also has anyone decoded the morse code from Rush when you call in artillery at a telegraph, maybe that will have some significance?
    Zany_Woof wrote: »
    F5878 R.E.8 13 Squadron Lt J B Cuthbert.
    He was a ww1 pilot. could this be your guy.
    http://www.theaerodrome.com/aircraft/serial_numbers.php?pageNum_serials=1081&totalRows_serials=17362&totalRow...
    That could be him, it's hard to read so that could plausibly be what it says. I tried posting the photo of the page that I have, but I couldn't figure out how.
  • Terdle
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Also has anyone decoded the morse code from Rush when you call in artillery at a telegraph, maybe that will have some significance?
    Yes (not me), it spells out "Morse".

• DingoKillr
    Someone mention that morse code repeat it self but was different at the start.

How about song? Like "oh You beautiful Doll" which I found thanks to @Coronakill with the hint of 11911.

Example of the text.
    http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/ww1-songs/oh-you-beautiful-doll-11911.htm
  • KanjiklubJanitor
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    If some messages have only a different end and beginning, then could you take just the end/beginning of those messages and see if they make something interesting? Also could you take just the part that is the same in those messages and see what it says?
  • ThePausebrakeTR
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I founda book named Ottoman Navy Signals Book (turkish: Osmanli Bahriyesi Gorunur isaret kitabi) it's on sale in amazon. Can it be the book we're looking for ?

Also if you want any turkish translations i can help :)
  • Matty101yttam
    629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    If some messages have only a different end and beginning, then could you take just the end/beginning of those messages and see if they make something interesting? Also could you take just the part that is the same in those messages and see what it says?

I don't think its traditional morse since some code groups are longer than 6 dot/dashes(modern morse uses about 5 spaces).
    Here's some more numbers showing code groups(for the sake of pattern recognition) on top of what i had:

2 4 4 1 3 6,11,2 2 2 3 6 9 1 2 .-
    3 2 5 1 3 6,11,2 2 2 3 6 9 1 2 .-
    2 4 3 2 4 4 4 4 2 3 2 2 .-
    3 8 1 3 6 2 2 3 2 4 9 1 2 .-

One thing i noticed a pattern of was whenever a code ended with 2 dot/dashes then the 9th code group was always 2 digits and those digits are always .-

Up until i found this pattern i did however think that the ./- could be used to indicate what letters to keep/discard (ie. keep letters marked as dots) and we simply had to find the right document to check them with(originally thought of the codex unlocks), the suggestion of the song was a good idea, as i said before poems etc repeat themselves alot and would explain repeated code.
    If this idea was correct though the average english word size is about 5 where as i'm seeing a lot of 2 letter words, so it could be a in a language like french or even latin(i dont know for sure just feel like they use a lot of 2 letter words) .

So yeah no real usefull information and the numbers could be just coincidental
  • MCjammydodger
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Has anyone tried to decode the bf theme tune code that sometimes plays when calling in artillery? I know it probably doesn't translate to anything meaningful, it may not translate at all but worth a try?
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Someone mention that morse code repeat it self but was different at the start.

How about song? Like "oh You beautiful Doll" which I found thanks to @Coronakill with the hint of 11911.

Example of the text.
    http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/ww1-songs/oh-you-beautiful-doll-11911.htm

well, things get weird tho.

that song, oh you beautiful doll is written in 1901 - 1911 (not sure where between.

BUT funny thing is, 11911 is a palindrome, also, take the last number from 1901 and te rest of 1911 (you also get 11911)
    could someone check if we have words/sentances which turn out to be a palindrome?

specifically the words or mixture of letters we got from the morse codes?
  • Coronakill
    right, i've been walking around Monte Grappa a bit in an empty server and at some points (Not sure if random or specific locations) you can CLEARLY hear what seems to be german/austrian voices talking to eachother, first i was on the topside of a bunker, next was near a lake at the end of the map.

this is usualy VERY difficult to hear with all the fighting going on.

Anyone care to record it and filter out the talking?

@JackFrags care to take a look into this? (Seeming you got the good sound recording Software :P )
  • yakuncha
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    M in roman numerals is 1000

M1911 = 11911 coincidence?

hellfighter
  • tevey
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    I know this is a longshot but 11911 could also be a part of a larger message like the Zimmermann Telegram https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f0/Zimmermann_Telegram_as_Received_by_the_German_Ambassador_to_Mexico_-_NARA_-_302025.jpg

The telegram was sent on 11 January 1917