Premium Battlepack... seriously?

solRsolo
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited November 2016
I was excited that today was the day I would get my first Premium Battlepack and see what Battlefield would reward me for purchasing the Ultimate Edition!!! ...just a regular Battlepack.

Jokes on me for believing that Premium would be any different. I should have just purchased the regular game!

That's wonderful (obvious disappointing sarcasm).

Please reconsider your "Premium" Battlepack for next month!

Sincerely,

A disapointed "Premium" member

Comments

• incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Maybe wait for the maps to come out before deciding if your purchase is worth it or not. The battlepacks are just extras, and I don;t think anything suggested they were special.
  • solRsolo
    Maybe. I guess I was just expecting premium to have rewards like BF4. I'll behave now just wanted to share my thoughts!
  • solRsolo
    That's a weird analogy, but I see where you are coming from!
  • Press-2-Continue
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Actually where does it state that you get a premium battlepack? All I see is that it states you get 5 extra battle packs + 14 battle packs (1 per month) and that is from the store page so do enlighten the rest of us about these "premium" battlepacks with a screenshot of where it shows it.

Battlefield™ 1 Premium Pass
    Lead the charge to incredible new front lines, grab Battlepacks and more with the Battlefield 1™ Premium Pass.

4 themed expansion packs: Get a two-week head start on each upcoming expansion pack. Includes 16 new maps, new game modes, Elite classes, 20 new weapons and more. Join the fight with the French army in the first expansion, Battlefield™ 1 They Shall Not Pass, in March 2017.

14 Battlefield 1 Battlepacks and dog tags: Delivered monthly, these Battlepacks contain stand-out weapon skins that'll make sure your enemies know who's coming for them on the battlefield. Plus you'll get 14 unique, Premium-exclusive dog tags.

5x Battlepacks
    Prepare for battle with five additional battlepacks, stuffed full of all the gear you need to hold your ground in an all-out war.

Thats the exact wording in the origin store regarding the ultimate edition which includes the season pass.
  • DRUNI
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    http://i.imgur.com/N8EMM3v.png

"Delivered monthly, these Battlepacks contain stand-out weapon skins that'll make sure your enemies know who's coming for them on the battlefield."

Yea nothing fancy about it, just a normal Revision 2.

• K1NG_C00P
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah you kind of think that as a way of saying thank you to premium members for investing in the game they would at least give you the top battle pack
  • the-frag-artist
    432 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    K1NG_C00P wrote: »
    Yeah you kind of think that as a way of saying thank you to premium members for investing in the game they would at least give you the top battle pack

They said thank you by giving you a discount on all the DLC.
  • KiANreloaded
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Minimum 1 Top battlepack
  • elgato1696
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm a first time battlefield premium member and I gotta say I'm pretty dissapointed that all I got was one dumpy standerd battlepack, I was at least hoping for the middle tier battlepacks.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    elgato1696 wrote: »
    I'm a first time battlefield premium member and I gotta say I'm pretty dissapointed that all I got was one dumpy standerd battlepack, I was at least hoping for the middle tier battlepacks.

The value of Premium comes much later down the line.

I also think it's extremely silly and anti-consumerism to purchase Premium now, but that's not really a discussion worth haviing
  • Tee_Doff2369
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "5x Battlepacks
    Prepare for battle with five additional battlepacks, stuffed full of all the gear you need to hold your groundin an all-out war."

Yeah, that seems accurate...
  • imtheDorkMan
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just bought premium for battlefield 1. Battlefield player from the beginning, dice have another good game but was skeptical until i saw it included 14 premium battlepack deliveries. After purchasing i found 1 regular battlepack in my inventory containing a distinguished skin. Come on dice, this would be somewhat acceptable if it were 14 regular a month..but 1 regular for absolute garbage??? Should be more quality along the lines of a superior battlepack if it is one a month
  • DeathByFeathers
    1665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    "5x Battlepacks
    Prepare for battle with five additional battlepacks, stuffed full of all the gear you need to hold your groundin an all-out war."

Yeah, that seems accurate...

Watch your enemies swivel their heads and halt their bayonet charges into the trenches and wonder "is that a bronze Lewis Gun?"
  • Nnibn
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    Getting annoyed at Premium because of the battlepack you get, is kind of like getting annoyed at a restaurant because the temperature of your glass of water isn't to your liking

I think if coming from BF4 it's a fair thought to think that we'd get a Elite pack since Premium packs for BF4 were the Gold tier, other stuff like knives/ xp bonus events/ camos.
  • nolso080
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How can you tell if you received the Premium battlepack? Is it just one battlepack a month or fourteen a month?
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    nolso080 wrote: »
    How can you tell if you received the Premium battlepack? Is it just one battlepack a month or fourteen a month?

In the battlepack menu it tells you how you got that battlepack. E.g. End of round, ea access, deluxe, premium.
  • Brenex
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Premium is about getting the expansions free, it's a Season Pass basically (as it's called for all other games). The bonus battlepacks are just a minor plus, but that's not what you pay for really.

That aside, I got a legendary from the Premium battlepack I received yesterday :)
  • Real_Lagmonster
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ahhhh I thought it was 14 battle packs a month weeeeell **** lol
  • BFShotty33
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    4cc1d3nt5 wrote: »
    That's a weird analogy, but I see where you are coming from!

haha.. the weird analogy comment is hilarious. I too understand where you both are coming from. Thankfully Hardline kind of trained me on what to expect from battlepacks.