EA, you want us to rent servers, so why try to punish us?

CrimeSceneKitty
712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
EA this makes no sense at all, you want to offer us servers to rent but then tell us that we will have almost no control.

No 3rd party plugins means a lot of communities will not rent all the servers they had planned to rent.
No price difference between player count means that people who rent for low count modes will be punished.
Not being allowed to change how many players can be in a gamemode means that mixed mode servers will be a joke, if we are even allowed to mix modes. It will suck to be playing a 64 man conquest match then get kicked because the next map happened to Rush. Just knowing that I can get kicked because the next game mode in the lineup is smaller (by force) makes me not want to join any mixed mode servers. Hell I would not blame anyone for not offering a mixed mode server.

The part that really chaps my ****, is that we all have been forced into this. EA has made the call that they want more money and that they will not allow 3rd party server hosting. But then has nothing prepared, have to spend weeks getting even the most basic questions answered.

Comments

• trig0tron
    324 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Except EA's prices for a full server (+ spectators), is the cost of most 32 player servers. The obvious lack of server control is a huge oversight on EA's part, but the pricing and ability to configure it to any size/amount of players you want, is nice. You are not locked into one size of server, and can host different configuration, on weekends, or special events, etc.

Mixed mode mean maps that cycle between rush & conquest, etc.. Servers don't switch player counts based on rotation of maps. Your choice of maps & modes are determined by the player count you set the server up for.

The question is... what modes support what player counts..?

• CrimeSceneKitty
    712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trig0tron wrote: »
    Except EA's prices for a full server (+ spectators), is the cost of most 32 player servers. The obvious lack of server control is a huge oversight on EA's part, but the pricing and ability to configure it to any size/amount of players you want, is nice. You are not locked into one size of server, and can host different configuration, on weekends, or special events, etc.

Mixed mode mean maps that cycle between rush & conquest, etc.. Servers don't switch player counts based on rotation of maps. Your choice of maps & modes are determined by the player count you set the server up for.

Sure the servers are cheaper compared to 3rd party servers, but look at it this way, 1 price that's it. I know players who had a server for dog fighting practice that was locked to 4 players. They paid for those 4 slots and that's it. Under EA's control they will have to pay the same as if they were going to let 64 people play. Does that sound fair? What about the small size of rush? Or those who pick 40 man operations vs the 64 man version?

Sure we can change the server size at any time we want...but shouldn't we have the option to not pay for what we dont use?
  • countitupxo
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They don't care. It's clear they don't. That's why none of it was ready to go at launch and were now...(since EA Access released) 3 WEEKS into the game lmao.

I play with level 90s for crying out loud. Smh i feel really burned by EA this time around and as great of a game it is, when MWR comes out I'm prolly not going to touch this title for 6 months. 5 basic game modes are already old to play, no hardcore available, and no servers....what's left? Shooting people 62 times then get turned on by a sniper? Nah. I laid this game to rest Friday.

Maybe I'll be back in March. Maybe not. They don't care they got their money so it's cool.
  • Cybor93
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    trig0tron wrote: »

Sure the servers are cheaper compared to 3rd party servers, but look at it this way, 1 price that's it. I know players who had a server for dog fighting practice that was locked to 4 players. They paid for those 4 slots and that's it. Under EA's control they will have to pay the same as if they were going to let 64 people play. Does that sound fair? What about the small size of rush? Or those who pick 40 man operations vs the 64 man version?

Sure we can change the server size at any time we want...but shouldn't we have the option to not pay for what we dont use?

Problem is that since Battlefield 4 update, we cant change slot number on the fly... Same situation in BF: Hardline. I asume that Battlefield will have the same issue :/
  • syf-CryptiK
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Its an absolute joke. Its going to kill the community servers that make the game enjoyable.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its an absolute joke. Its going to kill the community servers that make the game enjoyable.

I agree..

Plus this is one step closer to removing dedicated server rental entirely. It will be a sad day when that happens.
  • pLoTy_256
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I for one will just be glad if we get servers in South Africa, does not matter what the restrictions or shortcomings.
  • syf-CryptiK
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    pLoTy_256 wrote: »
    I for one will just be glad if we get servers in South Africa, does not matter what the restrictions or shortcomings.

This attitude lead to the lack of South African servers.
  • pLoTy_256
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

How so?
  • syf-CryptiK

How so?

Isnt it obvious? People werent in an uproar when the server situation was announced. Even though small pockets of people were saying what would happen, limited local hosts server accessability etc. Most people were jist happy they could still rent servers " I dont care what restrictions at least we can still do thing". Its a slippery slope and DICE are sliding right along.
  • SgtOpt
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Spot on! EA needs to realize that the longevity of the games they've had has been to a large part the customization of servers to meet gamers needs. When they cut that out, there is nothing left. I personally am leaving for MWR in 2 days. I know they wont have HC up by then so I guess im done with the game for a bit.
  • Bumblebee042
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

exactly And not even mentioning the crap load of bugs of a OFFICIAL GAME, the can at least give us the servers
  • Chadman70
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Seems to be another shameless money grab :(
  • Kurrocks
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    they think they are doing us a favor and that they want to have the same experience of gameplay on every single server no matter where its hosted. but they allready had this with the official servers even in bf4 noone really know why they are pushing us this way and have taken away our servers from our favorite gsp at all. it destroy's the game and the way we used to have our communities and friends playing together with us on our known favorite servers. its a step backwards and a step towards the cod franchise ... sorry dice but this decission was completly wrong in my oppinion and you can't convince me to think the opposite.
  • SirNLeo
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont care if its cheaper this way. I would gladly pay more money to be able to write rcon scripts. Typical Dice, 1 step foward and 2 steps back.
  • ZyR0o
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What is clear is that EA says nothing, this is very unfair. It is a shame . EA TELL US SOMETHING ONCE !!!
  • ENRAGEDDIABLO
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Money, the answer is money
  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    We new this before they launched the game. Yet you all bought the game. You get what you paid for. Be happy the badmins are gone.
  • Pahkiller
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    We new this before they launched the game. Yet you all bought the game. You get what you paid for. Be happy the badmins are gone.

It was all speculation until the game was released.....