BF1: The worst Battlefield ever made (You just thought Hardline was bad)

Comments

• InqusitorLorne
    84 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Sure, BF1 has lots of little issues and like previous title the important stuff will get resolved over time. It's a monstrously complex game that no doubt, like BF4 and those before, will provide thousands of hours of top-notch entertainment.

'Sure it will take DICE a year to resolve the little issues and like previous titles the important things that should've been resolved in past titles will never be. It's a monstrously complex game that DICE is ill-equipped and ill-trained to fix (apparently), like BF4 and those before, will never bother to improve Frostbite because we always give them a pass.'
    As it is now though, it's just plain awesomely good. You'd have to have some serious OCD-like complaint to feel its few glitches and bugs reduce it to anything like 'bad'.

You are wearing blinders. The game is poorly optimized for high-end PC's, Fair Fight is the only anti-cheat software servers are going to use, I doubt EA is going to allow people to rent private servers, and Frostbite still has issues seen in Battlefield 3.

'Oh my god, Battlefield One is set in Alternate Reality WWI; where the machine guns are garbage and wars were won by who had the most snipers. French? Russians? Their not important in alternate reality WWI. If it looks like WWII, but dated it touches the feels for that sweet, sweet nostalgia DICE was so hopefully trying to prey upon.'
  • Chemical_Sandman
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IF you are not happy with this game no FPS will make you happy. **** spoiled brats.
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Enjoying it just as much as all the other Battlefields (not including Hardline). If you don't like it, don't play it. No point doing a wall of text whine about it. Don't think I've ever felt the need to write that much text about a game I don't like. And you know, that's a thing, not liking games, it happens. The 'no one wants to accept' logic is really messed up. Can never get my head around people who believe their opinion is the one universal truth and that anyone not in agreement is some kind of delusional lunatic. Different strokes for different folks.
  • lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't agree the game is as bad as hardline,

in fact I am playing it, very similar to battlefront which I play too sometimes

a good game, but has less to offer than BF3-4
  • LordBaron334
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    While some of your points are valid and I'm sure they will address them. This game is awesome. I love it and play it almost everynight. I admittedly only play Operations and I find it such an enjoyable game mode. If you want a challenge be on the attacking side where you can rack up a lot of points. Defense has the advantage and I love focusing on taking out vehicles. I almost got the assault class up to 10 and I am trying to figure out which class I want to play next.
  • -1PARA-EviI-Nine
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I skimmed most of the OP as it was clearly a load of whinging but someone feeling ****.

The one question you have to ask your self is, if this game isn't the best out there then what is?
  • Sero141
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You can try to refute this but it's fun to me.
  • jeffglotzer
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    *removed*
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • TH3_R1PP3R
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    *removed*.
    If you go to the guys profile that are defending this game on every thread tooth and nail, click on the game icons that link battle log under there name you'll see why they are in love with the game.
  • 52Dagger
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This game will loose more and more Players due to a more than worse balance and increasing numbers of hackers. Its not worth the money i spend.
    What a pitty again a shooter with all the probs of former versions.
    Glad i didnt buy the max Extension. So Long.
    Press delete.
  • brienkimberly
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What can I say? BF1 is like a train wreck. It's completely awful, but no one wants to accept that their $60 went to waste. So we all keep playing .. hoping to find something redeeming, but as more patches roll out, not only does the game not get any better, but it gets worse.

Bugs observed by our clan, that haven't been resolved:
    1. "Shooting Blanks" It happens to everyone. You fire multiple times, watch the tracer rounds land right on the enemies head and no damage is done. In fact, most of the time they turn and one shot you due to you giving away your position because apparently every gun that was ever fired in WWI all had tracer rounds .... because that makes sense too. This is an issue that started with the Beta and has never been addressed.
    2. "Random" Battlepacks. I'm not sure how this works, and I'm pretty sure no one else does either (Especially DICE/EA). My wife is a level 15, she gets a battlepack every other round or so. Totaling somewhere around 25 that she's gotten all together. I'm a level 33 and have gotten less than 10 battlepacks all together. Hell, just Google it if you want more examples of how idiotic this "system" works.
    3. Random Mouse lag. This was also an issue in the beta that still hasn't even been talked about officially. It seems to have gotten worse after the patch. In 1.0 it only happened when you were aiming straight up. After the patch, it now happens at random now matter where you aim. We've tried enabling/disabling RAW Mouse input, which doesn't solve the issue. Typically, the only way to get the mouse to behave normally again is to restart the game. The best way I can think to describe it, is it feels like you're experiencing vertigo. You move your mouse left to turn, you stop the mouse, and the cursor keeps moving erratically. It makes the game 100% unplayable.
    4. Video glitches. I didn't have this issue until after the patch, at random the screen turns blue and flickers between green and blue. This has happened at random on 3 out of 5 of our machines. Only way to resolve is to wait for the round to end or restart the game. Updating video drivers on all machines didn't resolve the issue.
    5. Spawning on A and landing on F. This happens every match. The one thing that BF players used to brag about against CoD players was that the spawns were random and balanced, but apparently Dice/EA decided that BF1's spawn points should be just as dysfunctional as CoD. There have been HUNDREDS of times where we will click to spawn on Alpha and end up spawning in Bravo. Hell there have been several times where I spawned at F and ended up on the edge of A, when A and F were at opposite ends of the map.
    6. "Spotting" I feel like Dice/EA owes everyone a new Q button for their keyboards, being that we all know it's the one button you use more than any other due to how clumsy and utterly broken the spotting feature is. In fact, in most maps, people don't even spot anymore. Which renders half the weapons useless, because you rely on spotting to aim (Artillery, frags, Bombing runs, etc) Even worse, they made a parascope specifically for spotting, and it's just as bad as normal spotting, despite being able to see double the area.
    7. Shooting over rocks. In many situations, you'll find yourself in the prone shooting over a rock (Like in every Battlefield), but in BF1 it's rarely ever possible to do because the rocks have a solid point that extends several inches above it's actual surface. Meaning your barrel can visually clear the top of the rock, but every round that exits the barrel hits the invisible barrier on the surface. Wasting ammo, giving away your position, and usually getting you killed for no reason. This is another issue that has existed since the beta.
    8. Prone issues and pushing. Sometimes going from squatted to prone causes you to stand straight up at random, giving your position away. Another major issue, is if you are in the prone and a team mate jumps on top of you, it sends you sliding 50-100ft uncontrollably from your position. As if you were laying on a slip-n-slide and someone gave you a nice shove mid-shot.
    9. "Invisible Gas" There have been many times where we have all been killed by what we call "invisible gas" which is when someone throws a gas grenade and it pops a grey cloud rather than a green one, making you believe that it's smoke rather than gas. It's happened to me so many times now, that it almost seems as if the grenade goes off and your hud colors change as if you have the gas mask on, even though you don't. Visually, the smoke is easy to see through and greyish just like when you put the mask on. You also don't usually choke (audibly) on the gas until it's too late.
    10. Revives don't always work, meaning wasting time trying to revive someone that can't be revived and not knowing it.
    That's just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are many more I'm forgetting.

Moving on ....

General issues/Broken Mechanics
    1. Squads/Groups: The system of adding people to your group is broken at best. We usually have to invite someone 4 or 5 times before they actually get the invite. If the person doesn't accept the invite within a few seconds, the invite disappears and they have to be re-invited. We have spent up to an hour in the menu, just getting everyone in the same group so we could all play as a squad because of this. And you know, it wouldn't be an issue if you could simply join on your friends when you load the game .... except ..
    2. Joining on friends: You can't join on a friend if they are in a server that's full. It won't even allow you to join the que. The only way to get in a friend's game that's full is to have them back out of the server they are on and add you to their group, or find the server manually and hope it doesn't put you on the opposite team. This wouldn't be as much of an issue if there was a such thing as half-full servers .. but because ...
    3. Servers require 20 players to start: This is the very reason that you see 50 servers in your list, but only 5 that anyone is every actually playing on. It takes about 1/5th of the time to sit in 4th position of Que in a full server, than it does to join an empty server and wait for enough players to join. Which really sucks when the 5 servers available are all getting **** by hackers and you have nowhere to run to.
    4. The best features of every other Battlefield are disabled. No custom games, No Hardcore mode, No private servers, and No news of when we'll have any of it. This is something that Indie gaming studios do when they lack the funding and manpower to build these features before release. This, along with the many broken mechanics of this game makes an Alpha build quality game. The difference is, EA has the money and manpower, they just don't care (or so it seems). I just wish EA had told the truth instead of making BF1 into another No Man's Sky. BF1 is obviously another Alpha game, being sold as a AAA title. It's essentially a fake knock-off iPhone 3G being marketed as an iPhone 7 .. or for you Android fans, It's a Galaxy Note 7 (Looks pretty, but could catch on fire at any moment)
    5. Battlepacks are garbage even when you do get them. Skins and Mele weapons. Really? That's it? What's the point? I was already concerned that a WWI setting wouldn't provide enough weapons to keep the game going (replay value), but even worse than that, they took out one of the few features that made BF3/BF4 worth playing after week 2. Don't fix something that isn't broken EA. Everyone wants battlepacks to go back to the way they were, something that's actually worth getting.
    6. Weapons: As stated above, I was concerned that there wouldn't be enough weapons in this era, or that the weapons wouldn't be as fun to use, and I was right. Not only are there not enough weapons, but they didn't even include many weapons that SHOULD have been in there. I mean, it looks like there's plenty, until you take a close look and realize that every class has 2 or 3 guns that there are 3 different versions of. They aren't different guns at all. They just have different optics. Even more odd than that, they excluded famous rifles and used several prototypes instead. I mean, where's the Japanese 6.5mm Ariska? There were hundreds of thousands of these rifles used in WWI and WWII .. Yet you have the Cei-Rigotti .. One of the most popular guns in the game, which was NEVER used in WWI, and in fact, only 100 were ever even made.
    7. I personally find it hard to believe that anyone at Dice/EA has ever actually fired a gun in real life, much less do they understand the functions of one. If they did, guns would explode when they get too hot like in real life. Barrels would warp under distress causing inaccuracy, rather than just random inaccuracy as it is now. Weapons would jam on occasion and need to be cleaned. They would also reload correctly, as it has been noted on several historical websites that many of the guns in BF1 don't reload the way the would in real life (Guns with clips in real life, using magazines in the game, Guns that can't be reloaded individually, being able to load a single round, etc)
    8. I could keep going, because there really is THAT many things wrong with this game .. but I'm tired of typing at this point. I'm sure many of you will have your own issues to add, and I will update the post with those issues if the thread is popular enough.
    9. EA/Dice: You should have made Battlefield 2143 like everyone really wanted. History and firearms obviously aren't your forte. At least with a futuristic shooter, you could make up fake weapons that don't function like a real gun and no one would have anything to compare it to. Oh and, if you find this post degrading and insulting? Good. Because BF1 is a degrading insult to e
      very Battlefield fan you have ever acquired.

EDIT: Okay sure, after thinking it over, not "everyone" wanted 2143. It was more or less just the best way to make an example of how little EA knows about weapon mechanics. In fact, the more thought I've put into it, I'd rather had seen a remake of the original BF: Vietnam. I won't group anyone into this by saying "everyone", but I can attest that I wasn't just one of few to expect this game to end up exactly the way it did: Very little replay value due to weapon limitations.

EDIT 2: I forgot to mention that everyone in our clan is on PC, and I'm not sure how console versions of the game compare. Though there are many issues listed here that obviously apply to both. When I speak about "my clan", I'm simply referring to the people I play with, which are like many other Battlefield players. I was just trying to relate to others and their clans, not try to imply some sort of "holier than thou" attitude.

EDIT 3: Another issue I pointed out in the comments that Xargaa helped me exapand on a bit : Earlier today, I spawned on B and took two steps back and two enemies that didn't have the objective, spawned in the exact same place as me. Since when can enemies spawn on an objective that the other team has control of? Whatever happened to random spawning?

Xargaa: "I do think the spawning needs to be helped A LOT. Like squad spawning has a bit of a delay... I've killed people only for their squad member to just spawn in a few seconds after i killed their teammate. "

EDIT 4: If BF1 had released as an Alpha for $20, I wouldn't have any complaints.

Cmon man. Edit your title to how it should be.
    "Yet another long winded thread-about things that have already been said over and over again, are being said over and over again. Only this time in essay format."
    It would have saved me time from not reading your massive wall of text and making this comment.
  • munkt0r
    3008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    cbchs5744 wrote: »
    *removed*
    If you go to the guys profile that are defending this game on every thread tooth and nail, click on the game icons that link battle log under there name you'll see why they are in love with the game.

What about the people that enjoy the game but do have, what you would refer to as good, stats?

Doesn't that interrupt the validity of the logic in this post?
  • TH3_R1PP3R
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    munkt0r wrote: »
    *removed*

What about the people that enjoy the game but do have, what you would refer to as good, stats?

The people that enjoy this game but have good stats for the majority acknowledge the games shortcomings and offer more suggestions then this game is the best fps or if you don't like this game you won't like any fps..point being I'm sure there are ppl that like the game but the cool aid drinking like this game or else guys are getting old
  • CnConrad
    1050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This without a doubt the best battlefield since bad company.

I sincerely hope all future battlefields are as good and as enjoyable as this one.
  • DAARD3V1L
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I can play for hours and never get bored. Yeah, there's some bugs in the game and sometimes it can be annoying to experience those bugs, but overall the game is great. I have a ton of fun playing, and if I didn't have to sleep I would probably play for 10 hours every day. Not everything is going to be perfect. You just have to take all the positive and have fun with it. The players will continue to provide feedback and they will continue to improve the game. Just have fun with it, and have patience. It's never going to run perfectly.
  • munkt0r
    3008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    *removed*.

The people that enjoy this game but have good stats for the majority acknowledge the games shortcomings and offer more suggestions then this game is the best fps or if you don't like this game you won't like any fps..point being I'm sure there are ppl that like the game but the cool aid drinking like this game or else guys are getting old

No disagreement that the manner in which someone presents their thoughts provides better understanding and offers more room for valuable discussion.

I just happen to see rational and intelligent discussion as well irrational and childish discussion from both people with "good" and "bad" stats.

A person actually concerned with being logical would infer that the stats (albeit correlative at times) are not the real factor. The person is. Therefore making a statement like "hurr people wit bad statz liek dis game" puts you into the category that favors childish discussion using faulty logic.

TLDR - correlation is not causation.

• Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

There was logic??

• munkt0r
    Sindari wrote: »

There was logic??

Faulty logic is still logic of sorts...even a crazed man eating cat food while wearing a tin-foil hat to keep the aliens from stealing his **** has a "logic" of sorts being employed =)
  • Shimanoman2001
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    I once used to spend 1000's of hours on BF games. Played/tanked since bf2 pc, 2142, BC 1/2. (1943 global top 3 player). One of the most notorious tankers within Vietnam. (I hit number 1 global tanker ps3 for over a year). Bf3 ps3 and pc all tanking.

Then hardline came, I never even bothered, same with Battlefront.

Glad people enjoy this game, I'd not want anyone to pay the kinda cash EA charge to be disappointed though I know many are. But for me, there is too many issues that hold me back. As a dedicated tanker to put it lightly, you would expect I'd be like a pig in mud with this game, and how strong tanks are, how nice it looks and sounds. But many of the core game mechanics bent towards casuals like hero pick ups, bugs, lack of content like no training ground? Poor balancing, plague proportions of snipers. I think I'll pass on buying this game.

I watched a video last night from levelcap, he said "Some of the tanks are so OP, he doesn't even tank anymore because the lack of a challenge"....

play it yourself...hero pickups are not heros like in battlefront,u can simply melee them and they are not that hard to kill with normal weapons. tanks aren't op,players are too dumb to kill them. that's how it always was in battlefield...you can still kill tanks solo. i don't like the behemoths and the lack of long term motivation through unlockable dogtags and medals,besides that most of the game is great.

Cheers for the insight. All I read and see are people stating tanks are OP, it's easy mode, complaints about self repair. Worse, that people find them too easy and get bored!

As a dedicated tanker it's really a concern. I saw one video with some hero anti tank??, pickup that was going prone all over the place blasting infantry, and vehicles laughing over his mic at how OP he was. things like that make me worried to part £50 for the basic game.

Another thing. Without training ground, setting controls is going to be annoying as I'm on PC. I also got a lot of fun out of all the different tank load outs of past games which I believe are no longer in our hands?

I have been tempted to buy, hence why I read the forums, watch vids to see how it pans out. I fear they will nerf the tanks to a point where it will be a polar opposite to how they are apparently now.

You can join an empty server instead of the training ground i think?!

Not unless there are at least 18 players in the server. The game simply won't start. You'll just be stuck in the menu.

• Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    *removed*

Someone got destroyed on BF1, I mean really destroyed. I can tell.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!