Weekly BF

Top Questions Regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program

Comments

• PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Those servers can come yesterday! We realy need them.. also i hope we can get vip slots?
  • NWG_Playmaker
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ya'll bit off more than you can Chew. Hand it over to the Providers and lets get this thing rolling, cause this is embarrassing, unprofessional, unacceptable and hurting clans that have supported the BF community with servers for years.
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    they dont need clans nor comunities, just annual peasants for theyr annual product
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Anyone notice the dwindling amount of posts by the users on this thread and server threads in general. The lack of info is rapidly killing off interest...Death of the PC community seems to be readily at hand sadly. Hopefully when we finally get servers it wont be a total disaster.
  • Baabbas
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    kL-SnAjP wrote: »
    they dont need clans nor comunities, just annual peasants for theyr annual product

bi annual
    still I hope they come through in the end, CTE was the best attitude that dice could have done, it improved the franchise, took a whole lot of time but without it BF would still be in the mud, so I still hope that this kind of thing server rental service also will take a bit to tweak
  • Madturnip
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm seeing at least obvious 1 hacker every night of gaming. Guys getting 80-100 kills a round with a one-shotting LMG or SMG. Without kick/ban and good server admins, they will eat away at the game like cancer.

I find it unbelievable that DICE didn't have private servers ready at launch and will be releasing them without kick/ban.

What you are seeing is built in hacking provided by EA/DICE with the use of a console controller and AIM assist. I tried it last night and was able to see through fog, smoke, gas, walls, etc by the pull it gives for auto aim. I can then Q spot them etc.... There was absolutely no skill involved while using the aim assist with the controller. That crap has no place in a PC game.
    They expected everyone to take it like the console players do about choice. They are ignoring us because they are forcing those who remain to fall in line and are very well informed they have pissed off many people. They don't care and this is the reason we haven't been told anything. They tell us stuff like, "The Sky is blue! We'll tell you more soon." They give no important information that we want to know because they know they aren't giving us those things. The longer they say nothing and time passes the more they keep selling copies to people with hope. Then after targets are reached it doesn't matter anymore if they fullfill promises or deliver anything.
    I hope I am wrong! I hope that this ends up being the best set of tools we have ever had for the Battlefield franchise. I know I wont be though, but that former FAN void inside me still has residue and wants this to be a great game that I can enjoy. I can't though for the simple fact we have no servers, we don't know the level of control, and I only play Hardcore mode and it's still trademarked with COMING SOON! This title should have been delayed until the first of the year if they weren't ready to give me a full working game.
    Half of the guys that went ahead and bit off the bullet and bought the game did so thinking at least we would have hardcore. They and I were wrong! Here we sit weeks after launch and no word on anything about anything except useless information that only angers the community more.
    DICE - - - EA - - - Answer your FAN BASE or face the consequences in your future releases.
  • Nietzscheese
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    The racist comments and similar BS in chat along with restrictions on slot count in different modes and no HC are becoming quite frustrating.

I am not exaggerating -- every game I played last night had some little **** making **** comments or calling someone a c***. Also, another hacker last night -- I've seen about 8 of them now.

Unless DICE give admins the ability to address these scumbags, the game's shelf life will be dramatically shortened.
  • ManDizzy
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited November 2016
    Anyone notice the dwindling amount of posts by the users on this thread and server threads in general. The lack of info is rapidly killing off interest...Death of the PC community seems to be readily at hand sadly. Hopefully when we finally get servers it wont be a total disaster.

Soon (as in tomorrow, NOT DICE's version of soon) you'll hear crickets chirping here after they lock up these forums. DICE just lost me as a customer. I may pick up the game when they release it as part of humble bundle but not before. Never ever again paying hyped up and unjustified prices for so called AAA titles that are not even half cooked.

On a side note, if there are any die hard players still around in this thread, keep us posted on Reddit since we will (non-owners) lose access to these forums.

Congratulations DICE, you managed an even worse off launch than BF4 and lost loyal customers in the process.

Edit: Someone actually predicted correctly about this fiasco way back in May, RIP Battlefield https://youtube.com/watch?v=E1uBcl2hjDA

Post edited by ManDizzy on
  • SteadyFlow
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes, those of us who refunded this game will lose access to this forum today. Please keep us updated on reddit ! Thanks
  • CaptaPraelium
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You'll still be able to read the forum guys. I'll be here pushing on all of your behalf.
  • SteadyFlow
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks, BTW just viewing COD Infinite Warfare PC gameplay - they now have bar indicators instead of real ping values on leader-board display ! Is this the direction we're heading to on PC - brrrr !
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think its time to tell us when we get the servers...and with kick, ban and all the other stuff...
  • CaptaPraelium
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SteadyFlow wrote: »
    Thanks, BTW just viewing COD Infinite Warfare PC gameplay - they now have bar indicators instead of real ping values on leader-board display ! Is this the direction we're heading to on PC - brrrr !

Pretty much. Gotta avoid games made for console.
  • Stasilutz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody of the Germany OldSchool Bf Clans , lock in the German Comunity, want to rent this P... of S...
    Unbelievable, who has come up with something like this has never bf played more than 500h let alone a server hosted and once a year managed and more than nice words one does not read here. Germany says NO to this **** ! Sry
    Server host and no kick or ban right I laugh me into the grave ... so ridiculous ... times less drugs take guys!
  • RelinquishLife
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @Braddock512 Could we please get further feedback as the lack of response is worrying
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2016
    @Braddock512 could u post EAs answers to coresponding questions on the first page? or in that master list topic
    thank you
  • DLight007
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yes, those of us who refunded this game will lose access to this forum today. Please keep us updated on reddit ! Thanks
    DLight007 wrote: »
    On October 21st, it will also require Battlefield 1 ownership to access/post.
    So we won't be getting answers before this and the one's who are not willing to buy incomplete game are not able to see the answers or post more question? This game is even more broken than Battlefield 4 was in launch...
    So this became reality eventually. "Do we have to fix it? Nah, just postpone it into oblivion". We got a whopping extra 15 days of waiting for answers for questions filling 40 forum pages and really not a single thorough and unambiguous answer... Apparently we'd have to pay to take part in Dice fixing the game even close to release-ready product.

No HC, no Classic, no proper anti-cheat, no proper balancer, no Procon, no Rcon, no admins, no rental servers, no plugins, no clans or clan tags, no battlelog or off-game load customization. That's a lot of no's which should've in release and are heart and soul of BF series.
  • StarscreamUK
    7312 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

It gets worse. If you buy it on windows store you can't play those who bought it on steam currently.
  • FrayedSew
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

It gets worse. If you buy it on windows store you can't play those who bought it on steam currently.

@StarscreamUK
    I know that was a jab at the competition, but it actually proves a point. Who are making these crazy decisions and why? For COD infinite warfare it's likely going to kill it pretty fast. But here for Battlefield the lack of options/communication on this server rental is going to do the same exact thing as Hardline.

BF1 is going to die just like Hardline did. Don't get me wrong, I loved Hardline and bought/played all the DLC. But he community was tired of no communication about anything. Couldn't even get a response on the promised premium features and what it was (IE Gunbench). I feel the same vibe here as I did during the beginning months of Hardline forums.

I'm enjoying BF1 and I enjoyed Hardline. But the writing is on the wall, and if something doesn't change history is going to repeat it self. .. and I don't mean the Germans loosing the war :)
  • StarscreamUK
    7312 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Not a jab at the competition at all. I was considering buying it as I quite fancied a bash. But if they are restricting via where it's bought from on a permanent basis......
This discussion has been closed.