Platoons for Clans!!

Comments

• Jaskaman
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes we really need Platoons and I want to see the stats of other people. Why did you take us Battlelog DICE? Now give us an alternative.

Yeah, many people complained about Battlelog but I think it is very good for many things-removing it means that we have to have same functions available.
  • DonkeyBanger
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    Yes we really need Platoons and I want to see the stats of other people. Why did you take us Battlelog DICE? Now give us an alternative.

Yeah, many people complained about Battlelog but I think it is very good for many things-removing it means that we have to have same functions available.

Battlelog WORKED, BF1 version doesn't!
  • Jaskaman
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I totally agree with you.
  • RTFM_Nemesis_FF
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I totally agree with you.

+1
  • TheBikingViking
    15 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE
    While I understand that you are excited about and miss this feature, I can't keep this thread going if all the posts are just "it should have been there". The situation is that it's not for a variety of reasons (and no, it's not about removing something. BF1 is built on a lot of new systems, which meant we would have had to rebuild Platoons from BF4), and that's what we have to deal with.

I'd urge you to please focus on providing constructive input on what you'd like to see in a Platoons feature. Ideas are always welcome. As I said before, we'll be focusing on fairly "simple" initial release with only the bare essentials so we can get this out to you guys as soon as possible. It'll still take a little while, but we're on it (and this is only one small team focusing on this; there's other teams working on other priorities).
  • DonkeyBanger
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    While I understand that you are excited about and miss this feature, I can't keep this thread going if all the posts are just "it should have been there". The situation is that it's not for a variety of reasons (and no, it's not about removing something. BF1 is built on a lot of new systems, which meant we would have had to rebuild Platoons from BF4), and that's what we have to deal with.

I'd urge you to please focus on providing constructive input on what you'd like to see in a Platoons feature. Ideas are always welcome. As I said before, we'll be focusing on fairly "simple" initial release with only the bare essentials so we can get this out to you guys as soon as possible. It'll still take a little while, but we're on it (and this is only one small team focusing on this; there's other teams working on other priorities).

@TheBikingviking fair enough mate, how about the same as you guys had it on BF3 & BF4, the ability to rally the clan into a platoon and to be able to post as well. Clan tags of course so we can represent, that's all I would really like to have anything extra would be a bonus I guess if it works. The "invite to party" feature on BF1 is good start but needs to encompass the whole clan.
  • RTFM_Nemesis_FF
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

It should be like it was in Battlelog. You should have Clan-Tags, you should see the Members of the Platoon, you should have a "pin board" where other people can ask something and you should be able to write a presentation. Platoon-Stats would be nice too.

Appart from the platoons it would be nice to see things like Battlereports or Stats of other peoples back.
  • ZombieGodCocaCo
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Add leaderboards please. Leaderboards is what thrives the people in my platoon to want play game even more then we were initially going to.i put over 1,250 hours into bf4 because it had leaderboards and everyone was having a blast going for them to better represent our clan.

Simply just bring back the leaderboard system that was in bf4. I was really happy with the way battlelog was set up for leaderboards and platoons. Please bring leaderboards back
  • Braddock512
    1361 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @DonkeyBanger You can click Vote Up if you agree with a post. Quoting it and saying "This" is basically bumping.
    This thread doesn't need to be bumped. It's being responded to by one of the Uprise Devs.
    -Braddock512-
  • Texas_Ace_80
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Serkaii wrote: »
    It would definitely be nice to at least be able to keep 2 squads worth of players together between rounds. It's just always a bummer when you're playing with 2 squads all in a party chat together, and then one squad is almost always swapped to the enemy team next round.

The whole party chat just kinda dies because you can't talk strategy without the "enemies" hearing you. It leads to us just kinda goofing around in planes and what not until one squad can swap back over. :/

Right on.

I said the same thing about 2 squads together. I think finding a way to set the balancing to where it will ensure that 10 players stay together is not unreasonable.

If there is a balancing issue, then switch over players who aren't in a platoon/party to the other side to balance things out. But in a game designed to bring out teamwork, I have always found it strange that balancing wasn't designed to keep platoon members together.

So keep the teams intact as much as possible and move the solo players around to compensate.

10 platoon/party members is nice solid number to go with.

And you're right about the party deal. When you have X amount of friends in the party who all get on to play with one another, it is a buzz kill to not be able to play together because the game switches you around. You then have a party of players going against one another, and that's not how it should work.
  • Texas_Ace_80
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What we would like to see is the ability to create a platoon party. When you join on the platoon party, you are added to a load balanced platoon squad. Example, a 5 man squad and a 1 man solo is not really a good situation; it would be nice if the system were smart enough to just create two, 3 man squads. Secondly, all squads in that platoon party should be somehow tied together. These squads should be on the same team and should at minimum be able to see everyone in all platoon party squads on the radar as a unique color (the standard green for squad is ok). You do not have to allow cross squad spawning, as this may be a real balance issue; but the ability to know where everyone in the platoon is on the map is pretty important. Furthermore, it would be nice to set a master squad (if there is more than one) so that a single squad leader is pointing out platoon orders instead of squad orders if you want to run that way. Obviously there are times when you want each squad doing their own thing, but a vast majority of the time (at least for us) we want to be on the same page across squads.
    -lindsay [Girl-In-Pigtails][PC]

Great suggestion.

I would love to see this implemented on PS4 as well. @TheBikingViking

As I said before, let's try to find a way to keep as many platoon or party members together as possible, and move around the solo players to compensate for balancing. I'm sure this can't be done easily and there's probably no exact science to it, but it would be much appreciated by both platoon members and large groups of friends who join in parties across the multiple platforms if you could find a way to keep these types of groups together as much as possible.

5 members (or a squad, basically) per platoon or party just isn't enough in a game like BF1.
  • wc138
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I keep seeing this sort of things from EA employees and Mods: "it's just a reality that we couldn't put everything in the game we wanted at the start." So, what's being said is that, no matter the release, it's always going to be incomplete. Because it seems to me that as the people creating the game you totally can include everything you want when you want to. That's just simple logic. Don't have everything you want ready? Don't release.

Unless, of course, you mean include it without completely crashing the game for several weeks or on the timeline dictated by EA.
  • Girl-In-Pigtails
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    wc138 wrote: »
    I keep seeing this sort of things from EA employees and Mods: "it's just a reality that we couldn't put everything in the game we wanted at the start." So, what's being said is that, no matter the release, it's always going to be incomplete. Because it seems to me that as the people creating the game you totally can include everything you want when you want to. That's just simple logic. Don't have everything you want ready? Don't release.

Unless, of course, you mean include it without completely crashing the game for several weeks or on the timeline dictated by EA.

Clearly you do not work for a software development company, and I in no way mean that in a negative way. The reality is the corporation will set a release target and place pre-sales. As the date draws nearer, desired features are dropped in lieu of high priority bugs that are on the bug tracker. I assure you, every corporate based software development firm deals with this same issue. The developers job is to create the best product they can in a given timeframe; the corporation's job is to make profit for the shareholders and stakeholders.

If they waited until the product was perfect, there would never be a release. Someone has to be the bad guy and give a fixed date. These dates are set by the roadmap and development time given by the engineering and product management teams. Unfortunately, even with padding, it is impossible to predict every bug and setback the engineers will encounter.
  • Jaskaman
    edited November 2016
    Later on when we have Private servers, there could be an option for a challenge platoon (for a clanwar). (And previous things that have been mentioned here should be in platoons).
  • DonkeyBanger
    @DonkeyBanger You can click Vote Up if you agree with a post. Quoting it and saying "This" is basically bumping.
    This thread doesn't need to be bumped. It's being responded to by one of the Uprise Devs.
    -Braddock512-

lol ok... :)
  • DonkeyBanger
    bump...
  • TheBikingViking
    15 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE
    That is all for now. I know there are like 3-4 items I missed, but it is late and I am tired. I just wanted to post something as you mentioned you were receiving very little valuable feedback, rather a bunch of "it should have been done already" type posts. I wanted to keep this constructive, and I would like to further the conversation.

-lindsay [Girl-In-Pigtails][PC]

Fantastic post, really appreciate the effort. Thanks.
  • DonkeyBanger
    In other news, TRUMP WON, so all good. :D Aussies for Trump! Congrats USA. :D
  • Texas_Ace_80
    edited November 2016
    @TheBikingViking

I just thought of something.

I believe I already mentioned to you that I felt more transport vehicles needed to be added to the game, but also I'd like to add that the ability to spawn into those vehicles at the beginning of a round needs to be added as well.

I'm not sure why the DICE team removed this feature when it's been in every BF game in recent memory, but it's really frustrating to start a round at the deployment and then have to basically race for the few vehicles that are available and then hope that that you beat out the other players to it first. And if you don't get to the vehicle before they do, then you have to hope that whoever is driving isn't one of those dummies who just decides to drive away and leaves everyone behind, leaving us all to walk an eternity to get the action.

Also, on a map like Sinai, capturing a flag point like G just isn't enticing because when you do capture it, it doesn't spawn a transport vehicle at that point like we've seen in past BF games. When capturing a flag point like G on a bg map like Sinai, it should spawn a small vehicle like we've seen happen in other BF games.

These are just all issues related to a lack of transport vehicles and moving around on foot for very large distances that I wanted to make sure I brought to your attention.

Thanks!