Getting really tired of not spawning in until the game's started

Infinite_12
149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Finished a game. Wait for the next round to begin. Everyone else seems to get into the game while it's waiting for everyone to ready up. I don't get in until everyone has readied up and the game has started. Meaning, I NEVER get to start a game with a vehicle because everyone gets to choose vehicles while waiting for everyone to ready up. so I'm forced to run from the spawn to the firest flag EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. And I'm tired of it. IS this getting fixed EA? And when?

Comments

• DavTan
    850 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm with ya... It sucks
  • wc138
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The new vehicle spawn system is terrible. The lot of it. I'm not sure why it was changed from the old system, where the vehicles were available at spawn OR at the flag. This problem is even bigger than waiting to spawn in, because it creates a problem with a lot of players who don't actively participate in the action at all, beyond sitting at the spawn screen spamming the button on vehicles.

Compound that with people fighting for vehicles to chase down those medals, and you've got yourself a real poop-fest.
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You need to get an SSD or an external HD with 7200rpm and USB 3.0 capability. Put BF1 on and you will load in WAY faster and experience a lot less difficulty with the End of Round Menus.

It can be a $60 fix for a 1TB Touros S external HD on amazon.

I tested the differences over three days and my loads are 28 seconds faster on average. I almost always get the vehicle I want.
  • jeepers871755
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Getting an external hd is not a solution. Dice needs to fix this garbage. It is being sold as a working game, we expect it to work properly right?
  • Infinite_12
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MarkFury67 wrote: »
    You need to get an SSD or an external HD with 7200rpm and USB 3.0 capability. Put BF1 on and you will load in WAY faster and experience a lot less difficulty with the End of Round Menus.

I tested the differences over three days and my loads are 28 seconds faster on average. I almost always get the vehicle I want.

Yeah that's not it. 2 weeks ago they did a hot fix or smething because suddenly everything was running smoothly. Then last Monday the servers went down and it been ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ since then
  • Draven2711
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Getting an external hd is not a solution. Dice needs to fix this garbage. It is being sold as a working game, we expect it to work properly right?

Totally agree why should we spend more money you wouldn't buy a car with no engine an stick your feet through the floor pan an run an deem that acceptable (unless your name is flintstone)
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I recommend you purchase an external
    Laptop SSD and place it into a USB 3.0 compliant enclosure.

let's put it this way : I get the tank - Every. Single. Time. I'm loaded in and choosing what vehicle want telling my party members to hurry up every time a new map starts . I'm already at flag A half way thru a cap with one or two people half to 3/4 of the time.
  • InterceptorG
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Its not some game developer problem that console manufacutrer decided to put ishty slow drives in they console. I had same issues but since i put ext ssd, loading now too fast lol

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Interceptor G/video/23284326

• MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Draven2711 wrote: »

Totally agree why should we spend more money you wouldn't buy a car with no engine an stick your feet through the floor pan an run an deem that acceptable (unless your name is flintstone)

You guys don't know what you're talking about. This isn't a software issue. The drive in the XB1 is terrible. All games perform better with an external SSD or HD with 7200 RPM and USB 3.0 capability. It's a sixty dollar fix that will improve every game you play.
  • MarkFury67
    MarkFury67 wrote: »

Yeah that's not it. 2 weeks ago they did a hot fix or smething because suddenly everything was running smoothly. Then last Monday the servers went down and it been **** since then

This is anecdotal. No evidence of a "hot fix". I've been playing since before launch and never noticed the problem you're talking about. And if you are the one experiencing problems, it's likely on your end. Probably because you're being to stubborn about an XHD or maybe you're having ISP problems. For some reason or another YOU are the one getting into games last.

• brightarr0w
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Do you have a One S by chance? My XB1 Elite loads BF1 significantly faster than the new One S. My son is usually halfway across the map before I even get the the Spawn select screen. I will try the External USB 3.0 / SSD and see if there is improvement.
  • Infinite_12
    No I have the original xbox one. And I shouldn't habe to buy an external hard drive for something my internal hard drive should be doing. This is a problem on ea's end
  • Mr_Tinman08
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I use an external SSD and it's much quicker. As has already been said I can be on the map choosing what vehicles I want before anyone else even sees the screen and I can be on my way to the first flag before everyone else. This shouldn't happen but it does. I'm no technology expert but I'm not even sure the Xbox one can cope with this game.
  • swin666
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I use an external SSD and it's much quicker. As has already been said I can be on the map choosing what vehicles I want before anyone else even sees the screen and I can be on my way to the first flag before everyone else. This shouldn't happen but it does. I'm no technology expert but I'm not even sure the Xbox one can cope with this game.

i use an external hd, 3.0, but i can't see anyone else's screen so wtf are you on about?
  • Mr_Tinman08
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    swin666 wrote: »

i use an external hd, 3.0, but i can't see anyone else's screen so wtf are you on about?

If I'm talking to people I'm playing with I can tell them or they can tell me what is going on. My game loads quicker than theirs, fact. That's WTF I'm on about.
  • swin666

If I'm talking to people I'm playing with I can tell them or they can tell me what is going on. My game loads quicker than theirs, fact. That's WTF I'm on about.

so you can't see but you can talk through your ssd?
  • Mr_Tinman08

I spawn in and say I'm in a tank and the people I'm talking to say they haven't spawned in yet and are still on the loading screen. How hard is that to understand.
  • swin666

I spawn in and say I'm in a tank and the people I'm talking to say they haven't spawned in yet and are still on the loading screen. How hard is that to understand.

so how do you talk through your ssd? there's no headset plug
  • Mr_Tinman08

so how do you talk through your ssd? there's no headset plug

Where did I say I'm talking through it. I'm using headphones the same as everyone else is.
  • MarkFury67
    No I have the original xbox one. And I shouldn't habe to buy an external hard drive for something my internal hard drive should be doing. This is a problem on ea's end

I'm wondering if you are being willfully dense. EA doesn't make the hard drive of the XB1. They made a brilliant game, but its architecture is a bit much for the XB1 to load quickly. The same problem in Witcher 3, same problem in Fallout 4 and many games. EA may find ways to tune things so that it loads a little faster for you, and I'm sure they will work on that. But when they DO, people with external drives will STILL load in faster than you.

If you're not grasping the fact that you asked what could be done about the issue and people told you a sure fix, then the problem is definitely on your end.